Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139285 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! War crime factory
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2016, 08:42:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2016, 11:26:38 am »

At this rate my supersoldier won't just be some random conscript!

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2016, 11:46:04 am »

Seeing as how I'm penguinofhonor's soon to be supersoldier, get armored up and kitted out. Go and kill the crazies in the lab for him to have examples of his work before cell death ruins the results.

((Some more...refinement...of the monster maker may or may not be appreciated if you are planning on using it in its current form. Just saying.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2016, 11:51:16 am »

Stock up on coffee, Red Bull, Mountain Dew, and Hot Pockets. Focus shall be obtained!

Also how is that volunteer/guinea pig of mine doing? Has he learned to juggle live bears yet?

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2016, 12:08:03 pm »

Make the sounds of Progress.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:50 pm »

Day 10

Continue working on Quantum Brains and Nuclear Reactor

You finish the brain scraper and give it a test run. While it slowly beheads a test subject you focus on developing fission reactor. Managing gaseous uranium is a tricky business. Carefully maintained and shaped magnetic field is pretty much minimum requirement to ensure reactor heat shields won't melt on touch, so you work that out over course of the day.

After that you check out the brain scraper. Test subject's head is lacking quite considerable amount of material; everything above upper lip is gone, reduced into fine frozen dust onto ground. A bit backwards slanted flat surface of his grounded head is quite smooth to touch and it's easy to see where his skull bones, muscles, veins and spinal cord are. Data scraper recorded is almost filling your data storage mediums, so it takes until midnight before you have confirmed that everything you need is in there. There's also a plenty of garbage data about myelin sheaths and all other unnecessary cells, so you still need to build automatic tool to sanitize data into pure essential. And then? Quantum computers. That's another large undertaking.

Start training to learn the system I'll be using.

That's not very forward-thinking of my test subjects. After all, they signed a liability waiver and everything. And hey, you know what happens when I make mistakes? That's right! You all die! Horribly! Just ask the first-timer improved reaction times people.

As for where to put it, the cerebral cortex is a funny thing in that it has a lot of redundancy, so to speak. Trim the additions down as much as possible and pop it into something these people won't really need all that much, like for example Broca's area in the frontal lobe, responsible for the production (but not comprehension) of speech.

You show them slowly rotting corpses of your previous test subjects. For some weird reason they try to kill you! Ungrateful bastards, they should rejoice for getting change to be part of cutting edge science! You dance away using your lab assistants as a meat shields, locking doors behind you and let security deal with them.

Sounds like a really good spot to place down. Merging minds is pretty much like communication, you theorize. As for the neuron pattern, you almost done. Math is getting easier and you don't have to consult so often your paper. Only a bit more. Designing the pattern is one thing, but making neurons connect to each other in precise manner like this project requires is another. Maybe build a scaffold for neurons to grow on? Take a bunch of stem cells from test subjects, coax them turning into neurons and very carefully guide formation of synapses? Then a bit of brain surgery. OR grab a bunch of existing neurons from their brains and fiddle with them until desired synapses form. Hmm...

continue with reassert in previous post

At this rate my supersoldier won't just be some random conscript!

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Make the sounds of Progress.

Seeing as how I'm penguinofhonor's soon to be supersoldier, get armored up and kitted out. Go and kill the crazies in the lab for him to have examples of his work before cell death ruins the results.

((Some more...refinement...of the monster maker may or may not be appreciated if you are planning on using it in its current form. Just saying.))

Well... These fuckers are fast and they have complete lack of self preservation besides of feeding. This makes fighting them extremely difficult and dangerous in closed enviroment like this. It ain't a fight you are used to because they don't fight like humans or even animals. They just run over each other while eating parts off from others, completely ignoring bullets in their legs, arms, stomach and wherever you happen to shoot as you hastily retreat. Some fucker bites a big piece off your left hand before you decide to call it a day and run bravely away. It's like fighting against fast zombies...

You got perhaps four or five down before escaping. That was rather poorly planned and executed, you have to admit. Didn't even get any samples.

I use what I've learned recently to complete my rapid healing technology. If I get it to an acceptable state I test it on the gorrila arm subject from a couple days ago.

((Also, are technologies like the monster maker already in weaponizable form that I could train soldiers with? Or would I have to develop them more for that?))

You have a prototype weapon for the monster maker. While originally planned for mortar use, it can be adopted to use your hyper cancer weapon as delivery system for no cost. And you have exactly one of those. You can build more if you want, but it costs time you could be using for research. More you want, more it costs, but since it doesn't require any research the time cost is negligible.

Well, would you look at that. Despite of howling, banging and shooting your soldier does few rooms away you manage to collect all relevant pieces of formulate injectable virus that will boost cell division around injected area to rebuild damaged parts. It will take account of merged flesh and activate both until balance is reached.

And right in time to treat your soldier. He got his left arm bitten into shambles. You can only hope the virus causing mutation didn't infect him.

Stock up on coffee, Red Bull, Mountain Dew, and Hot Pockets. Focus shall be obtained!

Also how is that volunteer/guinea pig of mine doing? Has he learned to juggle live bears yet?

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

He's been training... five days? He says his instructor did beat him pretty badly today so he's very tired, but has learned some nasty things man can do to another man with their fingers only.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2016, 01:58:46 pm »

if it requires fine tuning, it shall be fine tuned!
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2016, 02:11:19 pm »

...well, shit. After healing, ask an unoccupied lab assistant for heavy bite protection/melee armor and some form of a combat chainsaw. Then go and fuck those fuckers up. Be sure to get samples for the good doctor this time.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »

Pack the hive mind modules with slow-release neurotrophins (the regular kind and, if those don't work, work on designing more effective versions) substances applied to the external microelectrodes. Combine these with things like slow release of glutamate and perhaps some synthetic analogues like N-methyl-D-aspartate, optimize to create adequate stimulation for synapses to grow and be maintained. Add scaffolding proteins or nanotechnological analogues if at all possible. Approach this from several angles and test this out with some mice, perhaps.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2016, 03:43:58 pm »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2016, 01:39:08 am »

Continue currently active research.

Maybe have my supersoldier go steal some technology to help me speed up the process.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2016, 06:14:38 am »

Continue currently active research.

Maybe have my supersoldier go steal some technology to help me speed up the process.

Yessss master, go steal stuff
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2016, 07:02:20 am »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2016, 08:06:03 am »

Train in multitasking
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2016, 09:28:10 am »

Excellent, I feel like I can get some real work done soon. I work on creating new nerve connections. If I get enough work done to start testing, I attempt to attach an additional arm to a subject with the necessary nerve connections to function.

((oh and renegadelobster, I and my character are both women))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75