Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139236 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! War crime factory
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2016, 05:13:08 pm »

((You know I just got a great idea. Rather than risking my own life fighting a bunch of super soldiers who all want to kill me, why not just call in sick from work, wait for all the super soldiers to arrive, and then nuke them all like any sane person would do. Its the perfect plan. To bad there's no such thing as sanity on bay 12.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:14:46 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2016, 03:18:54 am »

I want to be Egan's pet TEST SUBJECT.

Can I can I can I?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:34 am »

You're too late, I'm afraid, you'll just have to best star2wars3 here in a trial by combat.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2016, 09:28:39 am »

Acquire focus. Continue research.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2016, 10:30:55 am »

Perhaps I can get my chemically altered test subjects to help with the hive mind design. Work concurrently and independently from them, and see who gets better results by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, improved reaction times! Start a new test group. Several, actually. Exclude a specific element of the drug cocktail from each to determine which one I can instead pitch as a difficult-to-detect poison.

((I rather wonder why people are messing around with spoilers. Surely it doesn't matter whether we know what the others are doing or not?))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »

Day 9

Once I have managed to develop a quantum brain sufficient to house my superior intellect I will not longer need to worry about headaches.

Press on with Quantum Brain research, begin Miniature nuclear reactor research.

Not the worst plan you have had. Imagine having duplicates of yourself online simultaneously!

Now with bunch of frozen subjects you need a device and method to carefully scrape subject brains. Cutting extremely thin layers of frozen gray matter, identifying neurons by type, their axons and dendrites, mapping what goes where, essentially building highly detailed 3D model of brain, which can be later simplified for simulation. Each layer shouldn't be thicker than one micrometer, preferrably half of that. So altogether that equals pretty damn many layers, which translates into very slow process. Therefore the brain scraper should be able to scrape multiple layers at one go. Hmm. Multiple macroscopic scraper heads in different orientation and heights to provide maximum scraping capacity... Yes, it should work nicely. It most likely will have 3.5% change for misreads, but that is acceptable cost for highly increased speed. You work fervently modifying certain high precision metalworking tool for your deviant purposes.

Miniature fission reactor faces some very major problems. Maybe biggest of all is dealing with all the heat it generates. Using the extremely old fashioned turbine based approach is completely out of question. That leaves you only generation V+ reactors, either liquid-core or gas-core. With gas-core you could use photovoltaic materials to gather energy, but it leaves you with a problem of cooling, heat tolerant containment materials and those pesky neutrons. Eh, you'll figure it out. Eventually.

And whole business of starting a nuclear reaction ain't fast process. Reactor must be activated a good while before soldier is deployed. Or you need to get really creative. Anyway, you won't invent things without work so you get right in it.

Perhaps I can get my chemically altered test subjects to help with the hive mind design. Work concurrently and independently from them, and see who gets better results by the end of the day.

Meanwhile, improved reaction times! Start a new test group. Several, actually. Exclude a specific element of the drug cocktail from each to determine which one I can instead pitch as a difficult-to-detect poison.

((I rather wonder why people are messing around with spoilers. Surely it doesn't matter whether we know what the others are doing or not?))

Naturally it's you who gets best results. They simply can't be compared to you. You are natural super human where as they are pale replicas, if even that. And keep in mind these test subjects are here unwillingly. You may not care, but they do. They'll be happy to sabotage and ruin your efforts if you let them "help".

After intense study you can pinpoint the problematic combination of hormones and your custom nootropics. This specific combo is both the cause of apathy and the key combination that allows entire serum work as well as it does. The solution is simply to replace the nootropic with an alternative drug, which turns out to be even better than the original, boosting performance notably. And you now also have a chemical weapon in your disposal.

The neuron connection design for hive mind proceeds slowly. Currently, if the designed mass is properly folded, it takes nearly one cubic centimeter of space. Soon you have to start thinking where to put it and how to make it happen.

((To quote The Art of War: "So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be put at risk even if you have a hundred battles."))

i'm back!

research:

Hello, welcome back!

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

I attempt to finish the lizard transformation device. If I still have time left, I look over my notes for this project to look for anything that's applicable to my healing technology.

Your monster maker thing ends up a little half assed. Scales are more based on epidermodysplasia verruciformis wildly accelerated, painful bone cancer breaking through flesh and skin, suppressing higher reasoning and boosting hunger for meat. Your test subjects go appropriately into cannibalistic feeding frenzy killing few non affiliated test subject and one lab assistant who ran in wrong direction when they broke out of their restraints. Couple of lab rooms had to be sealed off. At the moment you have 15 crazies banging the walls and howling their unnatural hunger. Cell death should occur in two days if you did it correctly.

As for useable technologies, you have basically everything you need, everything scattered over multiple projects. All you need to do is to pull it together into coherent form.

Acquire focus. Continue research.

I want to be Egan's pet TEST SUBJECT.

Can I can I can I?
You're too late, I'm afraid, you'll just have to best star2wars3 here in a trial by combat.

That's a brilliant idea! Aigre, will you issue the duel? star2wars3, will you accept if duel is issued?

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2016, 02:04:17 pm »

That's not very forward-thinking of my test subjects. After all, they signed a liability waiver and everything. And hey, you know what happens when I make mistakes? That's right! You all die! Horribly! Just ask the first-timer improved reaction times people.

As for where to put it, the cerebral cortex is a funny thing in that it has a lot of redundancy, so to speak. Trim the additions down as much as possible and pop it into something these people won't really need all that much, like for example Broca's area in the frontal lobe, responsible for the production (but not comprehension) of speech.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

continue with reassert in previous post
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2016, 06:50:17 pm »

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:32:43 pm by Egan_BW »

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2016, 08:29:32 pm »

Start training to learn the system I'll be using.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:58 pm »

Hmm, maybe I could hook you up to aigre and see which personality wins out.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2016, 03:03:03 am »

Continue working on Quantum Brains and Nuclear Reactor

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2016, 07:44:34 am »

I use what I've learned recently to complete my rapid healing technology. If I get it to an acceptable state I test it on the gorrila arm subject from a couple days ago.

((Also, are technologies like the monster maker already in weaponizable form that I could train soldiers with? Or would I have to develop them more for that?))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 75