- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230574 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER
« Reply #5610 on: February 08, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »

C

F

Shoulda fought to the bitter end. Would have, at the least, been a much better way to go out.
Trying to do that was literally why we lost. Like, all the fucking time.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: February 08, 2017, 05:36:18 pm »

We literally lost because we didn't work on our economic situation (despite being given two events to do so) when it was at a critical point.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: February 08, 2017, 05:38:42 pm »

B

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: February 08, 2017, 05:39:25 pm »

C

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: February 08, 2017, 05:40:26 pm »

B

I only regret that no king lasted long enough for me to have draw fanart.
I missed the chance with Houladine III

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5615 on: February 08, 2017, 05:41:41 pm »

We literally lost because we didn't work on our economic situation (despite being given two events to do so) when it was at a critical point.
We were in that situation because we pressed an unwinnable war too far. We were in that situation because we refused to stop the other wars. We lost at least two kings because we ran into an extremely dangerous situation for no reason (and another narrowly survived despite this).

But failing utterly to rectify the economic situation at all was uh, yeah. Why were we so intent on keeping our relics, again?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: February 08, 2017, 05:44:41 pm »

Thought they would be useful later. Didn't know that it would lead to losing.

I guess lesson learned for next time?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: February 08, 2017, 05:49:26 pm »

People here are spoiled by the decadent GMs who give the players too much plot armor.
Truly disgusting and abhorring.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: February 08, 2017, 05:49:40 pm »

Eh. I'm not so sure about that line of reasoning. The war was clearly a set up from the start. We were betrayed twice over, it's hard to imagine they weren't looking to screw us anyway and that war was possible to avoid. And we lost because we had a string of bad rolls. If we'd rolled well at that point instead of poorly, we'd have won and then it would have looked foolish to think about backing down.

As for the relics, I think the necklace was probably critical to rebuilding the kingdom. Murdertime should have been sold.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: February 08, 2017, 05:51:59 pm »

Probably because we didn't know that having our economy reach zero for two turns would instantly lose us the game. I thought the lose condition was for the damadian republic to completely conquer us or for us to die without having any possible successor (therefore having a non-Houlandin become the new leader). If I knew we were about to lose, I would have sold the relics.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: February 08, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

Although this is another case of just using hindsight, I thought that the red! was a somewhat clear indication that the game was close to ending because of this critical issue. Or, maybe that's just because that's how it works in Reigns, which. I think this game was partially inspired by? I'm not sure on that one. To be honest I was mostly surprised by the one year grace period.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: February 08, 2017, 05:55:44 pm »

Wow, that was nice afterall.

I don't really know what to choose, A? till the last drop of blood? As a bitter family member trying to raise the family again?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:45 pm »

Fair enough. I had hoped we might be able to loan some money from somewhere, but I guess we should've set up a central bank if we wanted to do that.

Well, game over is game over. I mean, if Haspen still feels like running some version of this game, more power to him. But this thread, at least, should go the way of the Houlandines.

Whatever Haspen feels like
Long Live United Forenia!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: February 08, 2017, 06:06:31 pm »

Noooooo!

B
I wasn't there when this spamkingdom was started so B.

Alternatively you could also come up with a new game, haspen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: February 08, 2017, 07:11:30 pm »

A
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 379