- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230991 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #3705 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:51 am »

As I said, seems like they forgot about said threat. We'd need to make good on it soon though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: December 13, 2016, 09:36:01 am »

Too late. We lost. We can't realistically make good on it unless we manage to stabilize our rule. You want to threaten the church in the future? Throw out the lizard people and court closer relationships with the nobility and army.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: December 13, 2016, 09:38:32 am »

As I said, the army is pragmatic, and unlikely to be phased by this. If anything with Parsia's final defeat the army is almost certainly content, and while we have that sorted neither the nobility nor the clergy are a significant threat. And the nobility will push if we bow do them, and we need the realm unified rather than disjointed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: December 13, 2016, 09:42:25 am »

The army is pragmatic? Maybe their leaders are. It didn't stop half of them from turning against us when the rebellion happened. The lack of external threats and uses for the army isn't going to lead to them being less likely to turn against us in the future.

As for the nobility pushing against us, sure, they probably will if they think they can. On the other hand they are certainly going to push back against us when we go too far against them. And letting merchants literally murder them because we want some exotic furs is going too far. That's not going to lead to unity.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: December 13, 2016, 09:48:05 am »

It'll leave a lot more legally speaking compared to the nobles pushing for decentralisation. Besides, the claim is effectively invalid as the prosecuting party is... well, dead. A weregild is useless to a dead man and it'd take time to contact the next of kin to see if they want to continue pushing for it, which would be weeks to get that all sorted at best.

And the rebellion is why I think the army is pragmatic; it sides with whomever will destroy the least amount of the country in an ensuing civil war. Presumably. Didn't get an exact reason for why the army in particular revolted then.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: December 13, 2016, 09:56:23 am »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: December 13, 2016, 09:56:34 am »

This idea that the dad dying means that the case is over is bullshit in a realm with laws. These lizards murdered the young noble. If we let them go without enforcing some type of justice we're completely failing our contract as protector of our subjects. Furthermore, we're (at least looking like) we're doing it because we were gifted some furs from a foreigner. That's not a good look for our nobles to see. That trinkets from outside the realm are enough to purchase their lives.

Also if you really think the army is a pragmatic entity that in a rebellion will side, not with who they think is right (Which seems wrong, half the army defecting was the start of the war), but who they think will be able to bring the war to a close quickly enough to avoid ruining the country... And if the basically the whole realm (nobility+clergy) rise up against us for a second rebellion in like, a few years.... The army is still going to turn against us.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: December 13, 2016, 10:10:58 am »

I'll vote C

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: December 13, 2016, 10:51:58 am »

A.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: December 13, 2016, 11:13:05 am »

I'll switch my vote to C, I mostly just picked A to begin with because it was kind of funny.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: December 13, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

3) Is this inspired by the game Reigns?

Someone asked this at page 4 or 5 maybe and the answer is still yes, definitely :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: December 13, 2016, 11:50:58 am »

You demand that they pay for what they did at once or there will be consequences for all of them!

The lizards hiss, then the small one hisses, and suddenly, the three trident-wielders impale the one that was accused of the murder of the nobleman's son and also was one of those that have slain the father.

Your courtiers stare in confusion at what just happened.

"Issss this enough pay?" Asks the smallest one, hissing loudly.

A) Er, let's accept this. Blood for blood, and so on.
B) Explain that you were thinking about payment in 'items of value'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: December 13, 2016, 11:53:51 am »

A. Good enough for us. Satisfied Cript?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: December 13, 2016, 11:56:23 am »

Yeah, that checks out. Blood for blood.
A
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: December 13, 2016, 12:08:13 pm »

Satisfied Cript?

Partially. This solves the immediate and larger issue of them killing nobility. We still need to teach them the laws of the land so this sort of thing doesn't happen again of course. Unfortunately the options are pretty vaguely worded, I'm not sure if B is a demand for more, or just telling them what you expected. 
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 379