- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231161 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #3525 on: December 05, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »

A

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:42 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: December 05, 2016, 05:30:37 pm »

A.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: December 05, 2016, 08:43:34 pm »

A - But only because it's too early. They've clearly chosen the timing to force our hand and make us concede; they're showing us and everybody who's the Master in our relationship.
We need to lay the groundwork before we can destroy them, and destroy them we must or the dynasty is doomed.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 05, 2016, 09:32:42 pm »

Nah. I think the Clergy was a pretty valuable lesson that we can't just constantly ignore people and their wishes forever.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 05, 2016, 09:57:31 pm »

Nah. I think the Clergy was a pretty valuable lesson that we can't just constantly ignore people and their wishes forever.
This, folks.

Being ignored brings out bad stuff in people especially if it's from higher management to lower management. :P
Also we haven't explored the wonders of the priesthood since we all focused on the usual military/economy and multicultural groupings. (We need a ton more follow-up to our local cultures though) xD

A, although Stjolf hasn't really been of real use in over a decade.

How do you keep track of that??
Other than agreeing with Harry (since I'm otherwise forgetful of 50% of important details :V), we haven't seen much visibility from him even in things where the bard is assumed to cheer the King up. :P

A
Also, voters should be pretty much aware not to generalize the clergy. There are ill-content folks with us, but that doesn't mean EVERY PRIEST EVER is like that.
Like this nice person who comes from a poor-ish area, who probably traveled a LOT to just get to us and plead his humble case. So I can really get the talkativeness :P
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:00:44 pm by Tiruin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 05, 2016, 10:19:13 pm »

I'll say this as well, the priesthood might not always see eye to eye with the players of this game, but they are still the best defense against that southern religion taking over, and if we recall, last country that happened to no longer really exists. I'm not sure if game over states are possible in this game, but if they are, I think the kingdom becoming a province of an empire ruled by a foreigner governor could very well be one of them.

Edit: Speaking of which, if I recall:

Idorina and Axa have claims on the country to the south which no longer exists, if we can marry their line back into our line more closely (either to us or to one of our kids) it should give a casus belli for conquering the Khanite weakened empire.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:24:46 pm by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: December 05, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »

I'll say this as well, the priesthood might not always see eye to eye with the players of this game, but they are still the best defense against that southern religion taking over, and if we recall, last country that happened to no longer really exists. I'm not sure if game over states are possible in this game, but if they are, I think the kingdom becoming a province of an empire ruled by a foreigner governor could very well be one of them.
As far as I know here, this is our game over state:
> The Kingdom has no heirs or the ruling family is wiped out.

I mean even in worst case scenarios, we can be a lone traveling heir and have to build up our kingdom again because of usurpers, gaining loyalists along the way. :P
And that would probably be a ton of "fun".

But yeah. I'm still FOR the pantheon and understand why there's divisiveness now. (See: Every choice which had 'helping the pantheon' out in contrast to building up the kingdom, when it wasn't mainly the concern) :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: December 06, 2016, 03:33:59 am »

You have the Treasurer go and decide upon the required monetary support for the young priest, who bows in thanks five times.

871 AD, Midsummer

Stjolf bumps upon you once again, this time in the royal chambers just as you're on your way to the throne room as the guards say that a carriage from Dahnia have just arrived..

A young man with bright skin and black hair, and a flute behind this cloth belt, walks behind Stjolf.

"Ah, my liege!" He turns partways toward the black haired youth. "This is Beren, the young bard I told you about, and who is willing to serve you as the court musician. Isn't that right, Beren?"

"..."

Stjolf coughs a bit.

"It's impolite to remain silent, Beren." The raven-haired kid scratches his cheek.

"I know, I'm just waiting for the King himself to say that he wants me in his court."

A) "Of course I do, otherwise I would've never bothered the old Stjolf."
B) "Now that I see how rude and blunt you are - no, no I don't want you here."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:52:29 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: December 06, 2016, 03:55:55 am »

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: December 06, 2016, 06:08:06 am »

A!

They've clearly chosen the timing to force our hand and make us concede; they're showing us and everybody who's the Master in our relationship.
We need to lay the groundwork before we can destroy them, and destroy them we must or the dynasty is doomed.

Clearly it's not just HIII who got the Paranoid trait.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:14 am »

Hahah.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: December 06, 2016, 07:14:45 am »

A!

They've clearly chosen the timing to force our hand and make us concede; they're showing us and everybody who's the Master in our relationship.

Clearly it's not just HIII who got the Paranoid trait.
He means well. :D

A

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: December 06, 2016, 08:20:52 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: December 06, 2016, 10:18:28 am »

You tell Beren that you do want him at your court.

"Then I shall be your loyal bard, sire." He fell onto one knee and kissed your ring.

Once you get to the throne room, you only manage to sit down on the throne before a hurried guard comes to speak with you.

"Sire, the delegates from Dahnia." He then moves away and a group of diplomats enters the throne room, bowing their heads. They spend a while going about pleasantries and mindless flattery...

"Alas, it is time to get to the point, and today we bring, err, unfortunate news. Various expenses of our Queen have caused the Kingdom some... harm and therefore Queen Sela decided to cut on expenses this year, and mayhaps the next also. She sent us to ask you, oh great Feodh, if you could show some generosity of the old Houlandines and send some money to the Kingdom of Dahnia. She will send it back once the economy is more stable, and will surely repay your kindness during future conflict with elves."

A) While she and her mother had bad blood with our father, that doesn't mean we have to be her enemies anymore. Send the money.
B) Cite various expenses and obligations of Luathbas treasury as an excuse to not send the money.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 379