- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231220 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Asbach the Companion!
« Reply #3420 on: December 02, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

C
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: December 02, 2016, 10:08:15 pm »

C
Do it together :O
But the consequences may be dire and reputation sealed because the 'war' happened. >_>
Why couldn't everyone meet up and discuss this though?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 03, 2016, 04:30:13 am »

You approach the throne and kneel, urging your beloved man to abdicate and stop the calamity from occuring.

You are Feodh, youngest son of Houlandin III, and the next King of Luathbas!

2, 3

You are nothing like your father and brothers, nor you're like Romuald. Instead, you've spent most of youth with your nose in the books, and that's how you got so wise.

The Advisor brings you the Scrolls of Kingdom Status for the first time.

1, 0, 2, 0

Happiness: 5
Population: 5
Economy: 6
Army: 6

After your brother abdicated and exiled to a locked manor in the northwest of Luathbas, the one year regency of the Marshal, few officers and the Archpriest brought some measure of stability into Luathbas. There was a famine last autumn, and many a peasant died from it, and the Army suffered some losses from malnutrition and disease also. However, the people managed to endure in somewhat high spirits. The Treasury, first time in a long while, announced substantial profits filling up its coffers.

From more external news, Khanate went to war with the Damdamian Republic, and your regents wisely opted to stay away from both sides of the conflict. Many people avoid west and southwest lands, and those who travel back and forth report big battles, horrendous massacres and terrible sieges gobbling up thousands lives every week in both Khanate and the Republic. Duchy of Koi has been also showing some sort of discontent with the Khanate, picking up possibly best time to do so.

Your aunt, Sela the Exiled Queen, as your people call her, have successfully bound Ruz, Dahnia and Tven in a personal union thanks to array of marriages. Whilst Tven is currently your formal vassal, Duke of Tven's new wife, one of Sela's granddaughters, will surely spin him right into arms of your relative.

Conflict in Parsia have died down, albeit both sides remain. The Kashite Kingdom, after their leader, Prince Kash, maintains a hard grip on the more wealthy but less populated mountainous regions, while the Kingdom of Parsia, with the trade hubs nad large cities in its center and south, is currently spinning right between Luathbas and Gubta, avoiding to incite either's wrath.

Speaking of Gubta, your regents have managed to, under your constant pleading, call off the marriage to Gubta princess. This was actually welcomed by the clergy side of the Regency, who believe that Luathbas Queen should be from amongst Luathbas people and from amongst Pantheon worshippers. The Gubta Emperor reacted by increasing taxes for Luathbas merchants, so the trade of exotic goods will bring less profits for next few years.

During the coronation ceremony, which is attended by delegates from Koi, Tven, Dahnia and Gubta, the Regency formally relinquishes its rule over Luathbas and your are crowned King by the Archpriest himself.

Everyone awaits the moment in which you choose your regnal name. After brief consideration, you decide to go with Feodh. Long live Feodh!

Next day after the feast, delegates from all four nations pour into your throne room, each wanting an audience! The guards break up their squabbling and you're left to decide...

A) Let's talk with the emissary of our vassal (Tven)
B) Have a chat with the westerners' diplomat (Koi)
C) Grant audience to our mercantile ally's envoy (Gubta)
D) Speak to the messenger from your dear aunt (Dahnia)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:43:03 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #3423 on: December 03, 2016, 04:59:38 am »

Deal with the problems within, so you may have the resolve to deal with those without.

A

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 03, 2016, 05:06:47 am »

YES, we can finally fix up our lacking knowledge AND have a diplomacy bonus if it has 'worldly context' into it :D

Also woah, Damdamians vs Khanate! \o/

Deal with the problems within, so you may have the resolve to deal with those without.

A
+1.
We're NOT dividing our people from the inside once more :I
Hoping we get to talk to the clergy rather than have them act like autonomous powers with the people here.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 03, 2016, 05:26:17 am »

A
A

I still want a proper purge of the pantheonists' power structure. Break their backs and pull out their teeth and nails - both figuratively and very literally; make sure on the lower clergy dedicates themselves to spiritual matters and won't dare ever again to push their way into politics.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 03, 2016, 06:14:32 am »

You have a talk with the emissary of Duke of Tven first.

"Most blessed senior, my master, Duke of Tven and your brother-in-law, would like to further a marriage proposal; his cousin, Etana, have recently finished her ten-years long period of mourning after death of her first husband and her only child. The lady in question is twenty eight years old, is well educated and quite polite. This marriage could bring Luathbas and Tven closer, if you only agree."

A) Sure.
B) Nah.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: December 03, 2016, 06:22:27 am »

B, let's not commit just yet.

Also, against all odds we are still not a theocracy, although now the Pantheon is clearly emboldened with militants and such.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:24:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 03, 2016, 06:43:19 am »

I think she's a bit too old, but such are arranged marriages... I'd like to take a look at that genealogical chart you made before deciding.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 03, 2016, 06:52:55 am »

YES, we can finally fix up our lacking knowledge AND have a diplomacy bonus if it has 'worldly context' into it :D

Too bad. If we still had Llewyn, or even Houlandin III, we could take advantage of this time to take chunks out of the Khans, the Republic, or even both. Instead we're stuck with the crappy trait of "wise".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: December 03, 2016, 07:05:25 am »

Too bad. If we still had Llewyn, or even Houlandin III, we could take advantage of this time to take chunks out of the Khans, the Republic, or even both. Instead we're stuck with the crappy trait of "wise".
Not really that crappy :P
While Martial is more obvious due to its straight up bonuses and people going all WAAAAARRR, the bigger benefit is in discussion because have NEVER actually fully seized lands out of the Martial Trait alone.
Luck is the 25% whenever, for whatever. :O
But Wise gives more options, information, and assessment or acuity into a situation, potentially avoiding other pitfalls because we didn't know, or opening up more opportunities after a precisely 'neutral' choice set if we pick to our niche.

Also we still have that Knife/Amulet, as far as I know :3 But it's not somehow stated?

I think she's a bit too old, but such are arranged marriages... I'd like to take a look at that genealogical chart you made before deciding.
I agree.
C: Raise the Genealogical chart before deciding either A or B. :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 03, 2016, 07:20:19 am »

The lady has no connection to Houlandines, if that's what you were asking about. But sure here is the family tree:

And as an added bonus, regional map update:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:34:00 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: December 03, 2016, 07:40:34 am »

the bigger benefit is in discussion because have NEVER actually fully seized lands out of the Martial Trait alone.

Errr. Khosra?
But Wise gives more options, information, and assessment or acuity into a situation, potentially avoiding other pitfalls because we didn't know, or opening up more opportunities after a precisely 'neutral' choice set if we pick to our niche.

I'm not really sold on the value of wisdom. Wise seems like the sort of trait that'd be useful for peaceful slow times, but those just don't happen very often, there's not really ever been a period of stability in this game where traits like wise can come though (during gameplay, when we're not actually playing, like during regencies, stuff seems to calm down a lot) it's always constant chaos where the more dynamic and immediately impactful traits like charismatic or martial are far far far more useful. This is especially true right now, where the two super powers are going to war with each other. The balance of power of this area of the world is going to be rewritten during the next couple of years, and wisdom seems like the worst trait to take advantage of that.

Oh, also.
Also we still have that Knife/Amulet, as far as I know :3 But it's not somehow stated?

They are in our stats on the front page.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:43:38 am by Criptfeind »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 03, 2016, 08:22:41 am »

The lady has no connection to Houlandines, if that's what you were asking about.
*Kingly squee*
Well I'm a thought anyway, but huzzah no more inbreeding! :D

A. Let's consentually marry!

the bigger benefit is in discussion because have NEVER actually fully seized lands out of the Martial Trait alone.

Errr. Khosra?
I meant that 'influenced' the outcome :P It did support every single battle, yep. But not the diplomatic impact roll. It supported the occurrence of more beneficial outcomes (because of supporting those battle rolls), but not the end result roll. :O
Which I think matters a lot more given a look back onto Parsia wars because it's the long-run. >_> <.<

Although I would've really loved the Martial trait activating when our last last last King got assassinated by stairs :v (by gravity by being pushed down stairs...), but that would've been 'awareness' compared to 'endurance'. Gah!

This King needs an endurance boost over Martial, but those two traits are top. Diplomacy is partly covered by being Wise anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: December 03, 2016, 09:23:17 am »

B. She's twelve years our senior. It's gonna look creepy :V
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 379