- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231534 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Llewyn of Luathbas!
« Reply #2670 on: October 26, 2016, 12:11:00 pm »

4a, 6b, 5c

You decide to negotiate with Innocentius and the merchants to work out some compromise.

While Innocentius cannot really stretch the allowed gold, he decides to toss some money from his own salaries after making a side deal with the affected merchants, who decide that - after your nagging - they shall accept this compensation.

After signing no less than seven documents for Innocentius, you are left with the money-loaded wagons in your palace as the Damdamian soldiers go back to Republican lands.

863, Winter

The people of Luathbas - and your court - receive upsetting news: Kiwi Empire is no more!

Well, at least not in its original size and composition; there is still Kiwi Empire, but it consists of the southern parts of the former Empire; the northeastern part is now Duchy of Koi, a vassal of the Chuunak Khanate. The Khanate itself was, just two decades ago, a wandering alliance of horsemen tribes, but it grew in size, power and numbers, till they had ability to crush the militaristic Kiwis under their hooves. The Khanate is currently rulled by Adilla, son of Chun.

863, Midwinter

A delegation from the numerous minor kingdoms in the west arrives at your court. Their leader, a tall man in black cape with white fur collar, speaks.

"At behalf of the several kingdoms west of Luathbas - greetings to Llewyn, King of Luathbas! We have heard that you possess a mighty and professionally-trained army, sire. We wish to ask you to join our resistance against the barbaric Khanate of Chuunak. Please lend us your mighty army so that we might repel the ever-rising threat of the Khanate before it engulfs us all!"

A) It's better to have some buffer between Luathbas and some other powerful nation; lend them part of the Army for a year.
B) You can't afford to split your Army while the danger of being invaded by Damdamians is still fresh! The delegates shall go home empty-handed.
C) Attempt to squeeze out some money out of their nations' coffers first!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 12:15:01 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 26, 2016, 12:21:12 pm »

C.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 26, 2016, 01:56:26 pm »

I still, honestly, have the impression that there's a body of water separating us from the Kiwi Empire ;~; (Woo, the northern part is now different! Boo, it is barbaric...in a way?)

Also, MINOR KINGDOMS. These aren't the Kiwis who we automatically turned down back when we were warring with Parsia, these are the minor kingdoms we supported since early game! :D

Squeeze the coffers out later (I think that means withdraw more?), the army is funded by the state and after we divide aid, then we can do that.

A

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 26, 2016, 02:17:45 pm »

A

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:28 pm »

I'm concerned about the Damadian Empire attacking us while our army is busy, but eh.

A

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 26, 2016, 02:28:09 pm »

Tiruin, it means we'd force them to pay us for our assistance, rather than doing it for free.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 26, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »

Tiruin, it means we'd force them to pay us for our assistance, rather than doing it for free.
I read that as 'our' coffers and am now uncertain if it was edited or I'm just remembering wrong >_>
But what was in mind was that it read as 'our coffers' and it felt like 'ok we need more money for a bigger army', but the 'please come back later for that request' is absent, so I went with A because it achieves that one specific thingy.

That, and we don't want a harder-Kiwi coming down our West. Although considering the idea that the horsemen can even vaguely be related to steppe riders and the like (which can seem barbaric but we know next to nothing about Kiwi and the small kingdoms there), giving them an army can help in the long-run, in the least to deter any further collateral damage of the broken empire.

Did we send our person-in-their-lineage or did he lose out and stay in our kingdom? I remember reading about that and that someone else took the place (so he stayed) but am unsure for entirely different reasons (ie fatigue

I'm concerned about the Damadian Empire attacking us while our army is busy, but eh.
I think they'd need spies to know that :P
I mean how many times did WE know our neighbors are doing stuff with their armies until the outcome actually happened and we heard of that?

Edit: Also recalling our earlier connections with them, they did pay (remember that scepter?)--this time, we do it because connections; that may be the first step of actually having allies rather than being paid with mystical stuff that we really don't know will help (ie Elven bias vs 'Are Dwarves really evil life suckers that ritual the life out of people' vs 'ITEMS OF POWER')
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:35:36 pm by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 26, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »

Yeeeeaaah, no. I'm not pissing off some massive nomad horde. B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 26, 2016, 10:36:49 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: October 26, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »

C

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 26, 2016, 11:16:31 pm »

A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 27, 2016, 03:26:35 am »

B

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 27, 2016, 07:58:47 am »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 27, 2016, 11:04:43 am »

5a, 3b, 2c

You happily agree to lend them the services of your Army to protect the borders of Luathbas' neighbours! The necessary paperwork and order-sending is done in two days.

863 AD, Late Winter

The renovation and expansion of the palace has been completed; the old, moldy fortifications have been patched and enlarged, while the old throne room had its floor decorated with white stone tiles and the ceiling has been painted in gold and red.

The Governor of Augas reports that the tribute from Parsia have arrived at his court and he shall include it in this year's revenues.

863 AD, End of the Year

The advisor arrives to show you the Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

Happiness: 7
Population: 6
Economy: 9
Army: 7

"My liege! Our Treasury is full of money! Shall we spend some of it on something?"

A) "Naaaaaah!" Run off to Treasury and take a swim in your big sea of riches.
B) Host some lavish festivals for the tired, hard-working peasants.
C) Build a large monument that will reflect the wealth of the Kingdom.
D) Announce a combat tournament where brave and strong can compete for prizes.
E) Publicly donate to the Grand Temple of Pantheon to show off your piety.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:08:45 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 27, 2016, 11:10:50 am »

C, lets go for vanity project. since were fine with everything else.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 379