- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230618 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2016, 10:24:39 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2016, 10:44:34 am »

You say that you would be willing to pay up front, but then the advisor takes you to the side for a moment.

"Most blessed King, I can't help but deduce that our Treasury will be so empty that there will be more cobwebs in it than coins if you agree to pay the dwarves now - and that's considering both the revenue from Augas and the projected extra coinage from raised taxes." You think about this for a moment, and then decide to:

A) Go on with it anyways. Fancy magical amulet, ho!!
B) Quickly tell the dwarves that you have changed your mind... (if you pick this option, please scroll to previous option list and pick something else).
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2016, 10:45:36 am »

B and B

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:40 am »

B and B E: So have you ever heard of installments?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:53:52 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2016, 10:52:05 am »

There's no option E on previous option list.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2016, 10:53:03 am »

Yeah, sorry, that was a bad joke.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2016, 11:03:58 am »

A

We may be out of monies for a while, but we'll have a magical amulet that we can use to rake in even more monies! Its an investment!
However, tell the dwarves that the amulet better be worth the monies, or all shall know that the dwarves of whateverplacetheycamefrom have no honor.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2016, 11:18:38 am »

A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2016, 11:19:09 am »

A

We may be out of monies for a while, but we'll have a magical amulet that we can use to rake in even more monies! Its an investment!
However, tell the dwarves that the amulet better be worth the monies, or all shall know that the dwarves of whateverplacetheycamefrom have no honor.
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2016, 11:31:28 am »

You tell the dwarves that you will be paying for the necklace at once.

You and them then write down a lengthy contract document (and a copy of it for dwarves), in which you detail the sum of coins as payment.

When you write down your name on the document, the dwarves exchange some words in their language, before turning to speak with you again.

"Now we shall descend into one of your dungeons, where we shall work and craft for next hundred days, and after those we shall present the enchanted necklace for you. Then they leave the throne room, and you hear by the evening that their new riches were moved to their caravan, guarded by red-eyed axedwarves, while their smiths and magicians moved some alchemical and metalworking equipment to one of unused prison cells, where only darkness and fungus reign.

809 AD, End of the Year

The advisor brings his strange scrolls for your perusal.

"As projected, sire, the taxes brought some extra revenue, but there have been reports of some incidents involving unruly peasants."

Happiness: 4
Population: 5
Economy: 1
Army: 5

"Also, the investigation into the assassination attempt has been concluded. The cipher is common for the spymasters of the western nations. It was broken and therefore the message, a cryptic one, has been deciphered: 'Go forth and punish the meddling Pig of East who dares to conspire with traitors and enemies of my rule'. It wasn't signed, though."

"However, due to the expenses involving the Necklace, I can't help but ask if there's anything you wish to do about it. I've preemptively asked the Marshal and he is adamant about keeping the Army numbers intact."

A) Keep the taxes raised  for another year.
B) -
C) Reduce to taxes to previous amount.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:33:23 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

A

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2016, 11:40:24 am »

A) Keep the taxes raised  for another year.

Like I said, this ain't America: The Game. We need to actually fix the economy before, you know, the empire you're all trying to build crumbles. Empires costs money, which is contrary to what Disney films teach.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2016, 01:24:54 pm »

The taxes shall be kept higher this year as well.

810 AD, Spring

It's 10th anniversary of the toppling of the Tyrant, and a celebration would be a good thing to host if only the kingdom had any money to cover the expenses.

810 AD, Mid-Spring

The dwarves arrive at your throne room, bringing a large ornate necklace; each eye adorned with a different gemstone of proper size. They ceremonially put it on your neck. You feel a sting of some strange power deep inside you.

The powerful magical artifact, Dwarven Necklace of Persuasion, is now your property.

The dwarves then pack up and leave, taking the money and their earthly smell with them.

810 AD, Late Spring

A letter arrives from the governor of Augas. The Parsians' activity along the border seems to be non-existent, and the stability in the region have invigorated the trade! There's a high chance that revenues from the trade taxes might be better than usual!

810 AD, Summer

A report from the south have arrived; at the Ashandell Keep, there was a revolt.

Part of the garrison, afraid about their payments (due to the state of royal Treasury), attempted to take over the fortress. However, the 'Loyalist' faction have fought bravely and secured the fortress for you. However, with six hundred dead, and thrice that number of wounded and detained, the Army took a severe blow to its strength.

810 AD, Midsummer

Bad news come from the cities in the north; the high taxes have angered the populace to the point it all burst up in riotings. City mayors sent reports of casaulties and the total amount of dead nears almost three thousand.

810 AD, Late Summer

A letter from the King of Lametania (son of the previous one, who invaded the south of Luathbas several years ago) have arrived, brought by a messenger.

It's contents are mostly insults about your family and boasts of Lametanian army's strength. Finally, you are being requested to hand over the disputed southern lands, or Kigndom of Lametania will take them by force.

You decide to write a reply, in which...

A) You agree to hand over the southern lands, and its population, to Kingdom of Lametania.
B) You refuse to comply with his threats, and politely ask if that swine that is his mother is still alive, because you don't really remember the insignificant peoples.
C) You demand that Lametania provides legal proofs to the claim, if there are any legal proof for ownership in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:27:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2016, 01:26:58 pm »

C

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2016, 01:27:39 pm »

C, even though I want to do B so badly ;-;
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 379