- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230536 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2016, 12:50:20 pm »

"As you wish, sire." And thus extra number of festivals was to be hosted next year and numerous improvement projects are to be slated for the good of the Luathbas' people, all at the expense of the Treasury.

805 AD, Summer

"My liege! My liege!" A terrified messenger bursts into the throne room. "A d-dragon attacked the city of Einvad!"

"ANOTHER one!?"

"It's th-the same one from before! He again demands a fair maiden and half the kingdom's treasury if we want to see the city survive!!" The council convenes once again, and this time the dueling option is out...

The council debates the issue and decides to:

A) Find a fair maiden for the dragon and give him her along with half the Treasury's worth.
B) Request that the Army sets forth and slays the dragon.
C) Alas, the Crown can't hope to solve the dragon dilemma! May the gods have mercy on the souls of the soon-to-be incinerated citizens of Einvad.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »

B

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2016, 01:25:26 pm »

Well yeah. Needed to try it ourselves first. But we can't just let an innocent maiden (and half our money) go to a dragon. He'll think he can attack us whenever then!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2016, 01:33:19 pm »

To be honest, a fair maiden is something we quite possibly have in droves. It's the half the treasury bit that's worrying. Can't we talk the dragon into taking several maidens instead? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »

You request that the army goes forth and slays the dragon. The Army grumbles, but obliges.

You receive a report that the army attacked the dragon in a fierce rush and then like ants, the men began stabbing and slashing at the beast's scales, overwhelming him in few hours' time. People cheer the death of the dragon, and the Army ranks swell with people who are 'proud to serve' such a powerful military.

805 AD, Autumn

Northern lands, grateful for slaying the Dragon that harassed their lands for the past decade, have sent lavish gifts and tributes that more than easily pay for the extra festivals scheduled this year.

805 AD, Winter

Last of the festivals scheduled was just concluded. Reports indicate that the people were more than happy to have so much fun this year!

805 AD, Midwinter

Your youngest son, Óidach, succumbs to a terribly high fever that had developed from a cold.

805 AD, End of the Year

The Advisor arrives with his scrolls, which, this year, show much more optimistic figures than the last time.

Happiness: 5
Population: 4
Economy: 4
Army: 6

806 AD, Spring

A small group of dwarves arrives at the court! The ugly, short, deformed creatures that reek of earth and death claim that one of the Luathbas monarchs of old had him crafted a sword by their very own hands, and he promised payment 'after ninety-nine years exact, and if the promise is to be broken, earthly plague shall prey on the Kingdom.' They demand to be paid obscene amount of money, or, if you're so inclined, slaves, to work in their mines.

A) We can't risk angering fanciful creatures! Let them have the money they were promised.
B) We can't risk angering fanciful creatures! Have them snatch away some peasants for the mines.
C) Quietly ask the royal guard to 'solve' this problem.
D) Demand that the original contract be presented to you so you can check its validity.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2016, 01:49:32 pm »

D.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2016, 01:59:59 pm »

D, because we sure haven't seen such a sword anywhere in the time we've been king.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2016, 02:09:16 pm »

You demand that they provide you with the very contract they speak of; the dwarves happily oblige while mentioning that the copy given to that King of old surely must be somewhere in the royal archives.

You set on to read the document.

5*

You read through the document, compare it with the copy found in the archives, go through any possible precedents about dealing with fanficul creatures and... unfortunately, you find out that it is valid and still legally binding.

What is not valid is the amount of money required to be paid; in the 760's, during the reign of Leth the Miner, Luathbas have moved from electrum coins to high-grade golden ones and therefore, the payment would be much smaller in today's money; also while the document does speak of 'possible other payments' it does not, in fact, specify that slaves must be a replacement payment for this contract.

The dwarves do have a valid reason to be paid, but on other hand, they're not entirely honest with you.

A) Let them have the properly adjusted payment, and while it will still drain the Treasury a bit, at least it won't be a complete robbery.
B) Refuse to pay the dwarves on the basis that they are dishonest with You, King of Luathbas, himself!
C) Quietly ask the royal guard to 'solve' this problem.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:11:11 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2016, 02:10:25 pm »

A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2016, 02:11:50 pm »

A. They can't complain about how much they're being paid, since it is what they asked for.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2016, 02:53:47 pm »

B) Refuse to pay the dwarves on the basis that they are dishonest with You, King of Luathbas, himself!

I'm on some Batman shit.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2016, 03:28:19 pm »

A.  Let it be known that the king holds his contracts to the letter.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2016, 03:40:39 pm »

You declare that you're willing to pay them with adjustments made for change of coinage.

They have a little convo about this in their own language. Afterwards, they accept your counter-offer.

After they're given several wagon-loads of gold coins, they depart to their homelands, wherever they might lie.

806 AD, Summer

More news from Kingdom of Parsia! The civil war that have ended in fragile peace just weeks ago has been restarted with the assassination of their newly choosen King. Parsians once again bleed themselves and the province of Augas is again an easy target.

A) Send the army to conquer Augas so we can get filthy rich!
B) We have enough problems to deal at home, let's stay put.
SigFlags!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »

A. Our glorious army needs to flex it's muscles someday :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 379