- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230786 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #4185 on: January 04, 2017, 08:53:52 am »

A Depending on the result we could use the damdamian envoy's words to deal better with and keep family united. Assuming it's bad news sure.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 04, 2017, 09:19:56 am »

Okay, okay, this is fine- the Damdamian senate is not the warlike one, so far as we know, the governor of Lametania is. This probably isn't a declaration of war. Probably. Still, we should probably not keep them waiting.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 04, 2017, 09:31:11 am »

The envoy from Damdamian Senate is allowed the priviledge of being first in the throne room.

The short, balding man wears a simple white tunic and black pants, with purple cape slung over his right shoulder. He approaches your throne and raises his hand in a salute.

"Greetings, King Feodh of Luathbas! I bring important message from the Senate. Therefore I ask we speak in private, and alone." The courtiers murmur and some give the envoy accusatory glares.

A) "Fine, I shall allow this as a token of trust. Let's move to one of the side rooms."
B) "What for, are you afraid of my people? Speak here, or don't speak at all, Damdamian."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 04, 2017, 09:36:47 am »

B

Very easily be assassination attempt.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 04, 2017, 09:40:15 am »

B

Very easily be assassination attempt.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 04, 2017, 10:29:06 am »

Pfff yeah right. Not on your life- or rather, not on mine.

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 04, 2017, 10:51:12 am »

"I don't trust you." The envoy nods in approval.

"Nobody would trust such a demand! While I applaud your caution, the information I bear needs privacy more than publicity."

A) "I already said it; here or nowhere."
B) "Alright, we will talk alone."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 04, 2017, 11:01:00 am »

C) Offer to dismiss everyone buy a few trusted guards

Or A. Stick to our guns.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 04, 2017, 11:08:18 am »

B

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:37 am »

...well, let no one say we were not careful, but I guess it might be worth hearing whatever this guy has to say. I feel that if we choose A he will just leave, and we could be potentially bringing ourselves closer to war- a war we really don't want to enter right now.
And if they do assassinate us, what good does that do them? We have heirs, we aren't especially martial; the defence of our country doesn't hinge on us. The only thing they would really achieve is to solidify their reputation as evil in the minds of the Luathbas populace. They wouldn't want that.
And they may have things to say that are actually interesting. I doubt it is just more "let us build temple plz", they haven't been shy about that in the past.
Which is to say, I am (reluctantly) going with

B

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 04, 2017, 12:38:44 pm »

B

Though, it wouldn't hurt to have men outside the room. Several, big burly men. Maybe if we put manacles on the man first...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 04, 2017, 01:37:12 pm »

You reluctantly agree to speak with the man in private.

You two meet in a small study. You sit behind the desk as the envoy stares at you for a while.

"Thank you. The Senate brings its greetings to you. I am here to inform you that the warmongerer Wrexus Magnibus shall be attempting to invade your lands within two years, as he is gathering support from the officers and officials in the Provice of Lametania."

You blink several times in confusion, and the envoy grins.

"It would take too long to explain why and what for the Senate is sharing this crucial information with you. But the northern reaches of the Republic are underdeveloped and remote, and we have little real interest in these parts. Unfortunately recently, during the popular plebiscite, the people have elected Wrexus Magnibus, a hero of the Clavinian War, as a governor of Lametania. And he, after reading too many history books and hearing too many stories from veterans of Lametanian Conquest, have duly decided to bring glory upon himself - and the Republic - by vanquishing our apparent unbroken arch-nemesis from the north: Kingdom of Luathbas. The Senate will permit Wrexus to wage this war, during which Wrexus Magnibus will overextend his supply lines while riding forward along his soldiers, presumably to attack and conquer your capital at earliest opportunity."

"That's a rather suicidal tactic, now that we know and can prepare for the attack..."

"Exactly." The envoy nods. "Wrexus Magnibus shall die a heroic death, the people will mourn their hero, perhaps a monument will be built to honor his name, and the Senate will have an opportunity to replace him with someone else than the old glory hound, so that both we and your little kingdom can remain at relative calm. What a beneficial coincidence for us all it would be, don't you agree?"

You open your mouth to thank the envoy for this 'warning', but he raises his left hand.

"I'm not exactly done, King Feodh. The Senate unfortunately cannot ignore anymore the pleas of the traveling worshippers of Damed and those that live in Lametania - and there are many in the south. They wish to fulfill their religious needs. The Senate therefore is asking that you do not make any unnecessary and hostile moves if, one day, some governor of yours or another discovers that some Damedian pilgrims are gathering for prayer in some private households or are constructing unregistered shrines inside them."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, it is. Therefore, we have your full cooperation in the matters of Wrexus Magnibus' glorified retirement and a pledge to not prosecute any members of the Cult in your country, is that right?"

You deeply ponder your options, and, for a brief moment, the bizarre and complex internal politics of the Republic...

A) Tell the envoy that you will see that Wrexus Magnibus dies valiantly on the field of battle and you won't retaliate against the Republic, but that you cannot promise anything in matters of the Cult, as Pantheonists are surely going to take action if the King of Luathbas won't.
B) Tell the envoy that you agree to solve both issues - Wrexus Magnibus shall die and no Damedian worshipper will be harmed if found within Luathbas borders.
C) Tell the envoy that you can assure safety of Damedian cultists but if the Senate allows Wrexus Magnibus to strike Luathbas, you and your Army shall retaliate in full force!
D) Tell the envoy that he might leave and warn his masters, as you won't be allowing foreign armies or foreign cults to wreck havoc in your countryside!
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 04, 2017, 02:13:06 pm »

Hallow cheese o_o A warning of pre-emptive measures!
How quaintly nice.

...What was the name of the lands that the Damdamians gobbled up in some war we never heard of until it ended years ago? Somehow I kept thinking about what was that name while I read all these and Lametania.

...So in that part, did we be the aggressors or did they do first-striking for no reason? (ie Just like how we hit Parsia...although under a reason of 'they're unstable and a civil war is happening' for their context)

Also it seems such a suicidal tactic is prone to one danger that our wise mind may be privy to note--over prediction. Martyring in the face of heroism, with such a prediction, is still open to many factors in play :O (Like, we have bards assassins plans...and stuff that I am unsure about right now but plans nonetheless!)

...Also the best option seems to, once more, be tolerant. We can possible let them worship their...stuff, but NOT towards promoting xenophobic whatevers.

A
Originally C, gave it a re-read.

I mean like seriously does anyone believe we're an ARCH-nemesis of this Republic?! I'm sure many of us don't really like the Damdamians but this is an honor to be of such a privilege that...this kind of plan is being presented to us.
That's at least my opinion at 3am. ._.;

Also we aren't promising anything specific--just anything that's actually reasonable with C. Assure safety of Damdamians from people who overly hate/are extremists, but not allow xenophobic blathering under 'religious contexts' to be promulgated. Still works into that kind of statement perfectly.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:30:56 pm by Tiruin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 04, 2017, 02:22:45 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 04, 2017, 02:29:42 pm »

B

We put off the real conflict for some time, decisively take down an enemy.  Test our army and try and run a middle ground between the human religion and the pantheon.  We can always go back on the promise with one of our later rulers.

And anyway, don't we (as metagamers) hate the Pantheon?  Having multiple religions may cause strife but all the better to put the pantheon under our heel.

With this warning we can pull our forces back from Adila once we get a peace offering of some kind, rebuild the army, draft in time to make a larger force and face whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 379