- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231409 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Llewyn of Luathbas!
« Reply #2910 on: November 04, 2016, 10:01:11 pm »

B B
+1
While the peasantry happiness is in a mechanical value, the main theme is being realistic :P [OH all our money is being given to the crown BUT look at these festivals!].
Although going for A (and obviously B) would seem more like 'Hey, I'll raise the taxes to around 45% from the previous 25% for this year'. Too ambiguous.

...Though I do think A,B seem better given that reasoning. >_> It also seems like several events DO happen if stuff occurs (so that's one way of avoiding 'mechanical values exploits')

B,B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: November 05, 2016, 03:48:14 am »

You decide to not tax the peasants higher for another year, and you decide to send the Parsian King a warning letter.

867 AD, Spring

Your aunt (and mother-in-law) Sela sends you a letter in which she details the entry of Hurthlings into Dahnian lands, having been scared of settling in Luathbas due to plague that ended the lives of the majority of refugees from the Hurthling Valley, wherever that is.

There are also some better news: the gold mines in the northwest finally were drained enough to warrant re-start of the mining operations! Your Treasury should be seeing first wagon-loads of freshly mined gold by the end of this year.

867 AD, Mid-Spring

Parsian forces attacked Augas!

One of border outposts have fallen to Parsians and their scrawny allies, and the garrison at Khosra has been cut off and there are no news about it (the Governor made a side note believing that they're dead no matter what's gonna happen).

The Governor reports that while Cataphracts were nowhere to be seen, the Parsian armies are largely made of bearded axemen and slingers, with some riding stout horses. They seem to be the same kind of mountain-dwellers that assisted Parsia in the previous conflict, ableit in smaller numbers.

The Governor of course pleads you to send the Army and repel the invasion. The Marshal appears few days later in your throne room.

"My liege! The Army is ready, although I recommend that we leave half of it in the mainland Luathbas." You inquire why.

"Sire, as it stands we have two large nations bordering us in the south and west right now, and I wary to leave the heartlands unguarded due to that. Furthermore, sire, shall you be joining the Army to inspire it and lead it against the treacherous Parsians?"

As for splitting the Army...

A) Nay! We will take our Army in full, smash the Parsians within weeks and then return home for autumn harvests!
B) Yes, that sounds reasonable; half the numbers shall remain to protect Luathbas from any sudden attacks.

As for your participation...

A) Why does he keep asking? TO BATTLE!!
B) Let's stay at the palace this time.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: November 05, 2016, 03:51:05 am »

B, A. TO WAR!!!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: November 05, 2016, 03:59:28 am »

B, A

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: November 05, 2016, 04:13:56 am »

BA
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 05, 2016, 05:00:53 am »

Very possibly a diversion by our enemies or "allies", but there's not all that much choice.

That said, I think we might want to stay in the palace this time in case shit hits the fan at home, so B, B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: November 05, 2016, 05:24:24 am »

You agree to the split, and then you hold your sword high and declare:

"TO BATTLE!!"

Congratulations! Llewyn embarks on another military campaign!

Late Spring, 867 AD

Three weeks later, after trudging through the muddy eastlands towards Augas, you reach the borderlands and the scouts report that a large contingent of Parsians is on their way to meet with you. The forces are even numerically, but it seems you have more horsemen and archers than them, say the scouts.

A) Time to meet them head-on and crush them with vicious tactics and better prepared forces!
B) Get on some hills and then we can laugh as they wash against our spears and arrows!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 05, 2016, 05:26:02 am »

A, let's smash them!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 05, 2016, 05:27:25 am »

B. If we have more horsemen and archers, they have more spearmen or other infantry, the former of which bodes ill for our horsemen.

Don't we also still have crossbowmen, however?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 05, 2016, 06:13:37 am »

B

We have more archers, might as well use them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 05, 2016, 06:36:40 am »

B
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 05, 2016, 08:50:59 am »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 05, 2016, 12:50:47 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 05, 2016, 01:28:24 pm »

You order the Army to take on defensive position and prepare for the onslaught!

3*

Unfortunately the bulk of Parsian army tries for the good ol' zerg rush and pierces the first line! Then your soldiers discover that the scrawny, bearded slinger are slingin' hatchets before charging into melee with axes drawn high.

5*

Fortunately the core of your Army, comprised of crossbowmen, launches a deadly volley of bolts that strikes down many of the bearded men, who fly in fear at the sight of strange horizontally-held bows.

With a large part of the Parsians fleeing or dead, your commanders order the Army into counter-attack, leaving the safety of rocks and hilltops!

5*

It charges into the Parsians, cutting down any unfortunate ones that lag behind the fleeing comrades. The battle is won! Your Army have suffered about thousand of casualties but the Parsians might've lost as many as five times that number.

Your commanders ask you about their next goal; the city of Khosra is just ahead, and it proved a terrible nut to crack in the past, so some would prefer to bypass it, but others want to capture it as it holds some strategic value. Finally, you order that the Army shall...

A) Bypass Khosra and march into Parsian heartlands to solve this debacle once and for all!
B) Besiege the city then capture it, to avenge the fallen garrison and secure the supply lines.
C) Abandon the direct approach and use the valley north of Augas to sneak into Parsian northlands.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:30:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 379