- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230612 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2016, 01:28:58 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2016, 01:43:08 pm »

You send the response with the Lametanian messenger, asking their King to provide legal proof for his demands.

810 AD, Autumn

4to6

The caravan of revenues from Augas arrives, and all the courtiers gasp at the size and splendor of it! The governor's assistant proudly presents the account ledgers and scrolls of taxation, all filled with rather large numbers. Coffers full of various coins are moved into the Treasury!

810 AD, Mid-Autumn

The reply from King of Lametania have arrived!

You ignore the first quarter, which is mostly insults, and concentrate on the latter, plus extra two scrolls describing some historical accounts, dating - phew! - back to 600's.

9!*

You go through the documents. They are all valid of course, but the claim by Lametania for the lands in question stands very weak today; it's been too long since Luathbas have acquired those lands, the territory back then was only partly Lametanian, and in your own royal archives there is also a record of a Lametanian chieftain passing his village to 'a Northerner '(definitely of Luathbas birth)'who saved his daughter from a giant red boar'.

Therefore, you can safely reject the claim on the legal grounds - you can expect the Lametanians to not accept this judgement, of course.

You write another reply for King of Lametania, in which...

A) You, despite the legal claim being rather weak, accept the request and agree to pass the southern territories, along with their population, to Lametania.
B) You explain that you read through all the documents, and reject his weak, if not obsolete, claim for the southern lands of Luathbas.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:47:52 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2016, 01:47:41 pm »

B.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2016, 01:58:30 pm »

B
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

B
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2016, 02:12:44 pm »

Your reply, containing the rejection of the demands, is sent back to Lametania.

810 AD, Winter

You receive a report that a horde of traveling hurthlings, about a thousand if not more, have passed through the hills in the northeastern Luathbas and is camping in the lowlands.

As far as you know, Hurthlings are small, hairy and jovial creatures that are known for having some expertise in agriculture and possessing rather lengthy lifespans. They also eat a lot and dislike any kind of oppression - and if threatened, they can be both stubborn and very hard to deal with and move from the place they decide to call home.

Shortly after the report, a short, toothy, round-faced Hurthling chieftain, clad in simple chainmail and pink cloak, arrives at your court, with his very fat wife and three (rather comically) large-eyed children in tow.

"Griitings, noble hew-mon sirreh!" He bows in respect, and his family does that as well. "We be siiking lands to settle at, as the scary, ugly trolls have taken over our bootiful valley! Certainly yoo could spare us some fertile hills and miidows, yeh? We promise to till the land and accept your rule over us and be frends to your hew-mon subjects, if yoo agree to help us in our plight!"

A) Fanciful races are always, sooner or later, source of problems! Sorry little fat people, but you need to find your new home somewhere else - and far from Luathbas.
B) D'aww, how could anyone reject the pleas of such lovely small peoples like you?? Of course you're welcome to settle in our lands!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2016, 02:13:52 pm »

B
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2016, 02:15:19 pm »

B

If they join the military then we'll have long lived expert troops eventually.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2016, 02:27:10 pm »

You eagerly welcome the little guys into your Kingdom. The chieftain and his family bow thousand times while slowly walking toward the throne room's door.

Their self-made census list arrives later; apparently, you have 1044 new subjects as well as 49 cows, 28 donkeys and 10 ponies.

810 AD, End of the Year

The advisor brings his yearly scrolls along with summaries of riots, incidents and other unfortunate happenings that happened this year due to shortage of coinage. The high taxes were announced to be reduced, now that the Treasury was filled up somewhat.

Happiness: 2
Population: 5
Economy: 4
Army: 4

"The problems of the Treasury and the high taxation have riled up the populace. Now that we recovered somewhat, and the Augas province stable and secure, mayhaps we should spend some money and schedule some extra festivals to cheer up the peasantry?"

A) Yes, let's fix up the bad mood in the kingdom somewhat.
B) Nay! We didn't earn all this coinage to spend it right away!
SigFlags!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2016, 02:29:02 pm »

A. Gotta get the equilibrium.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2016, 02:38:06 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2016, 02:43:52 pm »

Gotta keep the peasants from eating us, A
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »

The advisor notes your approval and then sets out to work.

811 AD, Spring

The inevitable have finally happened; Kingdom of Lametania have invaded the southern territories!

Your Army is now keeping them contained, but the military demands reinforcements, as a major battle is up ahead!

A) Draft some peasants into the army!
B) Recruit more mercenaries!
C) Send a reply in which you express that the Crown has utmost faith in their abilities to defeat the Lametanians with the current numbers.
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2016, 02:54:35 pm »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2016, 02:58:47 pm »

A. Time to dip into the Population for the first time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 379