- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231228 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Houlandin III of Luathbas!
« Reply #1245 on: September 07, 2016, 06:20:00 am »

Okay, so he wants to give us an item which we'd have to destroy anyway and a tax cut which may not be the best option, given that we don't necessarily need to piss of the Parsians (And the parsians don't hold our land) and setting off the hurthlings is a BAD idea.

Effectively, either A or C are the better options.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 07, 2016, 06:22:10 am »

C

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 07, 2016, 06:36:31 am »

A

We allow people to freely worship what they will. This particular religious group has made efforts to restrict the freedom and end the life of citizens of this nation. Until and unless they prove that these actions are not the result of organized action from the entirety of their religious structure, there are no grounds to allow them any privileges. Also the deal they offer is crap from a political standpoint.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 07, 2016, 06:40:49 am »

You demand something better than this.

"Aah, but you are a demanding one! Well how about this - it still happens to be in our memory that the part of Lametanian province in fact belongs rightfully to you, when the previous tyrant of the poor, opressed Lametanians took it by herself! Why, if we could agree to my demand, then instead of what I proposed, I would see personally that these lovely hinterlands in the south are returned to their original owners. How about that?"

A) Accept the deal.
B) Accept the deal but only for this AND previous sugar-coatings (the necklace, the tax cuts).
C) Reject the deal.
D) "You are suspiciously generous, sir Magnus."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 07, 2016, 06:43:42 am »

C
Down with Damed

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 07, 2016, 06:44:44 am »

C) Reject the deal.

"We'll happily trade with any who'll trade with us and all people of good will are free to come and go so long as they obey Our kingdom's laws, but land and material wealth are nothing before the well-being of all of Our peoples.
In view of the Damedian zealotry and intolerance against Ourself, Our mother and Our non-human subjects, We must decline your missionaries!
Due to its very nature, Our kingdom is necessarily tolerant of any people or idea so long as they're tolerant of others themselves - which the followers of the "god of humans" have repeatedly proven not to be.
For We well know of its followers' behaviour, and the kind of "discrimination" they suffer at the hands of Our loyal subjects after spitting on the floor at the mention of Our name, making lewd comments about Our mother or histrionically accusing tolerant people of being tainted for living near non-humans.
Indeed, your complaints do not stand, Governor, for it is a mark of Our tolerance that We have not yet proscribed your religion despite their constant breaches of peace or countless instances of lèse-majesté."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 07, 2016, 06:54:44 am »

D

I want to hear what he's got to say. I mean, he's offering to return signficant amounts of territory to us. And he's some sort of Governor? This reeks with weirdness.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 07, 2016, 07:02:48 am »

You reject the deal.

"Ahh, this truly rends my heart! To see that, despite all my efforts, you still decide not to normalize terms with the followers of the peaceful and benevolent father of all humans, blessed Damed!" You explain him what you think of that religion.

"Ah, no, no! These are simple misunderstandings! In fact the sixteenth law states "nor shall you bring harm to the ones not enlightened, yet instead you shall lead them to the light of enlightment so they can see it themselves.", and those scuffles that I heard about are merely results of misunderstanding and aggression coming from drunken peasants. As for the mugging of the Hurthling that I also happen to have knowledge of, well - a terrible incident but the three men responsible has been fined by your governors so no harm's done, especially that the little creature didn't suffer more than few bruises."

"How about you reconsider the deal but with different condition: instead of allowing the worshippers in, you will allow the holy books of Damed into your libraries, personal and public? So instead of preaching, your subjects, the open-minded and less zealous ones, will have at least a chance to glimpse at the tenets of our faith, so it brings better understanding and perhaps later in the time, less violence and such nonsensical hostility toward Damed's worshippers, hmm?"

A) Accept this for return of Southern Territories.
B) Remind him that you already said 'no'.
C) Accept this for all three gifts; the territories, the necklace, and the tax cuts for merchants.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 07, 2016, 07:03:39 am »

B
we dont want no stinking indoctrination here

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 07, 2016, 07:05:23 am »

A

Honestly this seems fair enough. It's not like books are going to cause harm by themselves. Besides, maybe it's possible to moderate Damed. Just rejecting and prosocuting it over and over again is just going to make it keep causing issues forever.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:07:06 am by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 07, 2016, 07:19:45 am »

A. Knowledge is power, and having access to those materials would allow us to come up with more effective refutations of Damed
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 07, 2016, 07:25:45 am »

A

Honestly this seems fair enough. It's not like books are going to cause harm by themselves. Besides, maybe it's possible to moderate Damed. Just rejecting and prosocuting it over and over again is just going to make it keep causing issues forever.
+1

Books can cause trouble. Never doubt the amount of trouble a book can cause... but we already pledged the right to come and go, and their religion isn't actually proscribed, so there's little chance of preventing the damn book from being imported (it's not even smuggling...).
Either socially, militarily or economically speaking we're weak right now. Let's accept without being too greedy, for it's not a bad deal and we're not really in any position to reject what most people will see as a reasonable - even generous - offer.

We should however make it know that according to their very precepts, behaviour harmful to others is wrong; and that any such behaviour under the guise of piety is no longer to be shown any mercy on religious grounds, for they not only commit a crime before Our laws but also break their own religion's sixteenth law.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:00:11 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 07, 2016, 08:08:38 am »

The fat republican claps his hands.

"Ah, finally the seeds of our friendship found some fertile ground. Territories for enlightment, sounds like a fair trade even to us."

After a while, you both sign the papers that legalize the turn-over of the Southern Territories back to Luathbas in exchange for the Damedian holy scriptures and books to be circulated in the country and provided to anyone who wishes to have them.

843 AD, Mid-Spring

Reports come from the south - and from rest of the country, also - indicating that the peaceful regaining of the southern lands was more than cheered for by the peasantry, not to mention a small yet significant portion of the populace returned to become Luathbas subjects.

843 AD, Summer

After a wonderful performance by Stjolf, the bard hired by your uncle (and who keeps hanging around) after the evening meal, he approaches you.

"My liege, as one bachelor to another - not that I reject ladies from my bed - I have heard, from, let's say, a friend, a little tale about certain unhappy little princess that is fleeing from my homeland, as, just like me, she could not stand oppression. And, as far as the tale goes, it seems that this certain princess is bound to pass through a country called Luathbas during her perilous escape. Isn't it a very nice tale?"

A) Ask him if, according to the tale, that princess would, by coincidence, appear in Luathbas' palace.
B) Thank him for that very nice tale of his, and bid him good night.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:10:23 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 07, 2016, 08:10:00 am »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 07, 2016, 08:11:11 am »

A
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 379