- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 231210 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Houlandin III of Luathbas!
« Reply #1230 on: September 07, 2016, 03:19:37 am »

D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:21:56 am by ZBridges »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 07, 2016, 03:20:40 am »

C.  But say it sarcastically, and then toss her out on her ass.

By which I mean, keep her horse, and graciously give her a donkey with which to ride away upon.

Edit: Or D, if sarcasm isn't acceptable.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:24:26 am by Lucus Casius »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 07, 2016, 03:30:38 am »

"I'm waiting for a good opportunity that could help the kingdom diplomatically."

"Then why you didn't marry that Parsian girl, for Pantheon's sake!"

"...I had a headache and Ahab Hahalol isn't the type to stay around for explanations." Your aunt facepalms audibly.

"My dear boy, there is something really wrong with your head. Maybe some bad blood did pass on when my parents - your grandparents - had children each other. This too happens in such close relations." She stares at you.

"Fine! Rule the kingdom and find wives as you wish. If you allow me, my family and some certain dissatisfied noblemen into self-exile to the northern kingdoms, I'm ready to call defeat. I already have several marriage proposals for my girls from there on hold so I might just as well marry into the northerners' lineages and forget about this part of the world in the meanwhile. Just make sure your noblemen don't come running to me if Luathbas suddenly faces another succession crisis." She crosses her arms.

A) "Surrender or not, you and everyone who supported will be executed along with you!"
B) "Great! Pack your luggage and off with you, dear Aunt, I've wasted enough time and men on this war."
C) "I can let your children go, but you and other major conspirators will have to be punished for treason."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:32:31 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 07, 2016, 03:35:16 am »

C

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 07, 2016, 03:40:07 am »

C.  We are hardly allowing these traitors to escape with their heads when they have weakened the kingdom through their actions and depleted our armies by forcing us to war.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 07, 2016, 04:04:37 am »

"I can only let your children go. You and others need to be punished for your treason." She looks at you, then away for a moment, and stands up.

4to6

"So be it. Nobody will say that Lady Eiri of Luathbas is scared to face death as consequence for her actions!" She then mutters a short farewell and leaves, and that's the last time you see her alive; shortly after the return to her castle, you hear report of infighting during which she was murdered, some of the noblemen surrendered, some commited suicide and some attempted to flee (few successfully did).

Congratulations! Houlandin III retains the Throne of Luathbas.

After you return to your castle, the advisor and Queen Mother Aolineniya welcome you.

The spymaster brings a report about Lady Eiri's children.

"Your eldest cousin, Sela, has been last seen fleeing to the north with a group of loyal soldiers. Your second eldest cousin Lesvana is said to have been captured by some northern mercenaries and she haven't been seen since. Your youngest cousin Mirael was found dead in Airach castle and my agents believe he was murdered by the fighting noblemen." He bows after delivering this grim report and leaves.

The advisor then brings you a currently updated set of Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

Happiness: 3
Population: 6
Economy: 3
Army: 2

"The casualties amongst the populace and damage to the economy were small overall, albeit our army is in terrible shape, sire. Is there anything you wish to do about this?" You decide to...

A) Raise taxes, Draft peasants, even if the mood of the populace isn't particularily high.
B) Hire large amount of mercenaries, even if Treasury isn't in good shape.
C) Do nothing at the moment, as there is naught you can do.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:18:55 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 07, 2016, 04:10:21 am »

B A, after edit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:20:48 am by ZBridges »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 07, 2016, 04:16:51 am »

A
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:19:56 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:30 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 07, 2016, 04:34:00 am »

You order peasants to be pushed into soldiery.

842 AD, Winter

The trade advisor reports that the exchange with Parsia and the routes in Aguas were disrupted due to the civil war and thus no revenues were really taken.

The mining operation in the northwest was started the same week and next year the Treasury should be filled with golden nuggets!

842 AD, Midwinter

An unexpected messenger from the south have arrived! Apparently, a man named Magnus Parapetus, styling himself as Governor of Lametanian Province, is hoping to meet with the King of Luathbas to discuss certain unfortunate incidents and just slight discrimination that the followers of Damed have faced in your country thus far, which, he explains, is perfectly understandable as traditions and habits are hard to discard, but it is still something that needs to be discussed to avoid escalation.

A) Invite him to your palace.
B) Reject the request.
SigFlags!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 07, 2016, 04:39:50 am »

A then send his head back in a basket!  Or not whatever.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 07, 2016, 04:54:35 am »

A

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 07, 2016, 04:56:07 am »

A, just so we can tell him to shove off in a more personal manner :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:25 am »

You accept his request and write a letter in which you invite him to your palace.

842 AD, End of the Year

The advisor pays you a visit and presents the scrolls to you:

Happiness: 2
Population: 6
Economy: 3
Army: 3

"There's nothing we can really do about these numbers this year, is there?" The advisor sighs.

"No, sire, I'm afraid not."

843 AD, Spring

As the first flowers began to show up on the trees, the Governor of Lametania arrives with a wealthy entourage of white horses, banner-bearers and the heavy infantry which some of your older courtiers remember seeing on the battlefield scant few years ago.

The Governor himself is rather short and pudgy man, who resembles a barrel, to be blunt. He has pitch black hair and very bright skin. He bows only slightly.

"Hail, noble and valiant King of Luathbas! I heard so many tales of your brave deeds and your prosperous and just rule that I simply had to meet with you. It is already a great honour to see you in person." You treat him to a drink and then you seat around a table.

"Well, as I forwarded the offer to meet, I should present my terms, hmm? First of all, it happens to be a matter of fact that my vault is hosting certain necklace that, I heard, was first crafted by the dwarves for your venerable grandfather! Truly a marvelous item." He gesticulates a lot, you note.

"If you were to allow our humble missionaries to cross into your territory and live here safely I could return that item to your without further delay. I know! I know what you want to say, your Majesty!" He claps his hands.

"I cannot trade political things for personal ones, so how about we also allow special tax cuts for the merchants of your prosperous nation? I have happened, by coincidence, to hear that you have close yet not particularily profitable ties with the Parsians. If you were to trade with us and only us, I can assure you of profits and quality of goods, and even security, as our professionally trained soldiers would guard your merchants and their items with their own lives. What do you say? Let me repeat that all I want to ask for in return is that the ones worshipping Damed be no longer treated as enemies of the more traditional of your folk."

A) Reject the deal.
B) Accept the deal.
C) Ask for a better deal.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:14:48 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 379