- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230592 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid-fire Minimalistic Dynasty Game: Houlandin of Luathbas!
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2016, 07:02:12 am »

You decide to spend more of Treasury's money on procuring mercenaries for the eastern front.

808 AD, End of the Year

The advisor brings his enigmatic scrolls to your bedroom.

Happiness: 5
Population: 5
Economy: 2
Army: 6

The advisor sighs.

"My liege, I can't help but notice the sorry state of our Treasury. Therefore, I recommend that we raise the taxes for year, which of course will anger the populace a bit, or we can cut the Army wages and disband some of-"

Suddenly it gets dark in the room as a large figure, swinging down a rope, jumps through the window blocking the sunlight! The man in armor stands proudly as his cape flutters behind him.

It's the Marshal!

"NAY, SIRE!!" He booms. "I shall NOT allow the Army's strength to be reduced in any way when we're at WAR!" Flashy entrance or not, he has a point. The advisor rolls his eyes.

A) Raise the taxes for a year
B) -
C) Do nothing, the Treasury can survive a deficit or two.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2016, 07:03:12 am »

A

RAISE THEM TAXES
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2016, 08:14:17 am »

The advisor leaves to inform the treasurer of the decision.

809 AD, Spring

You prepare to fall asleep besides your beloved wife. Just as you close your eyes, you suddenly feel a breeze from the window and someone's eyes at your back. You turn around just in time to see a silhouette of a man with a dagger!

Assassin!

6 noooooo

You swiftly grab your sword and raise it so it meets the blade of the assassin with a loud 'clink!'. Your wife wakes up and screams in terror, while you, in your pajamas, jump off the bed and slash at the attacker, who parries the blow - nonetheless, his attempt has been compromised, and he flees towards the window!

6 THIS IS FUCKIN WIZARDRY

You grab a candlestick from the night table and toss it at the assassin, clonking him right on his head. He tumbles down and kisses the cold stone floor of your bedchamber, just as the Royal Guard bursts through the door. They quickly apprehend the assassin.

The next morning, the assassin has been interrogated ("He spilled no beans, sire"), and a coded letter was found on his person.

The advisor and Captain of the Guard promise to put all effort in finding who have sent the assassin.

809 AD, Mid-Spring

Urgent report from Augas province!

6 why it keeps rolling 6's!? ;~;

Several organized attempts by the Parsians to retake Augas were swiftly and brilliantly defeated by your Army, and they even made some counter-raids past Augas' borders and into Parsian mainland. This should surely make Parsians think twice before they dare to attack Augas again!

809 AD, Late Spring

Orcish warband is raiding the south-western villages! A terrified messenger says that they're 'hiring' new 'workers' for their 'enterprises'.

Something should be done about it; slavery is a disgusting thing in the minds of Luathbas people, and therefore letting a part of population be snatched will only infuriate both the peasantry and the nobility.

The advisor tells you the possible options, and in the end, you decide to:

A) Send tributes to the orcish warchief, basically buying your people's safety with the Treasury's coffers.
B) Order your mighty Army to meet the orcs in the field and attempt to rout them.
C) Prepare a tearful speech in which you lament the fact that the Crown can do naught about this.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:17:47 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2016, 08:21:26 am »

We lack a good treasury level because people prioritized Army. :^
B. FOR GLORY (and counter-loot).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2016, 08:28:54 am »

B for da win.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2016, 08:48:09 am »

You order the mighty Army of Luathbas to confront the filthy orc slavers.

The Army does meet with the orcs near the village of Tadwannraedh. You receive report of fierce fighting in which there are heavy Army casaulties, but the orcs' warband is destroyed and the few survivors flee back to their homeland!

809 AD, Autumn

Yearly convoy of money from Augas have arrived at your court!

809 AD, Winter

Your beloved wife, after such long time, finally gives birth to another child! It's a boy, and she names him 'Lech'.

809 AD, Midwinter

A group of dwarves arrives at the court! They smell of earth and death, but this time its a different group of smiths and magicians - they heard of both your military exploits and your usually disasterous diplomatic shenanigans, therefore they offer to craft you an enchanted necklace of gold and gemstones that will 'persuade' those you deal with at the negotiations' table to be more open to your suggestions.

They request a huge amount of money for their services, however.

A) Splendid! Not many a monarch can boast having magical artifacts on their personages. Let's pay the dwarves for this enchanted necklace!
B) Naw, we don't need no magic to run our kingdom.
C) Considering the last time you met with dwarves, and knowing a little about their laws and contracts, ask them if there is another way you can pay for this necklace.
SigFlags!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2016, 08:56:51 am »

C

Worked out so far, hasn't it?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2016, 08:59:07 am »

C

Worked out so far, hasn't it?
+1, let's use our wise trait and not be so impulsive. :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2016, 09:05:08 am »

//Dynasty status added to first post of the topic with little list of achievements and such v:

You tell them that you know a bit of their laws, and therefore wish to know if there's another way you can pay for this piece of enchanted jewellery. They discuss it amongst themselves.

"We are long-living, born during one human's greatgrandfathers, and dying during one's greatgrandchildren, so we can come in sixty years time to collect our payment, but if you or those who come after you refuse to pay, there will be lethal consequences to your people and your land." Says the one with blue beard reaching down to his knees. This could be potentially dangerous, as it is known that Elfs rarely interact with 'inferior races' like Humans - unless pissed off by such.

"And we believe in our debts and honors, and therefore, you can go forth northwest and strike the fair folk of Caeltic Forests, and capture their Princess Eolwellewynn, so she shall become our prized slave." Explains another with red-golden forked beard.

A) After some consideration lets just stick to paying here and now!
B) Let's agree to postponement of the payment for 60 years!
C) An elven captive for a magical necklace? That's a bargain, right?
D) Sorry, but we won't be buying your services.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:34:58 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2016, 09:22:45 am »

C. It's only an elf they want? BARGAIN! :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2016, 09:27:07 am »

Ah, no.

B) Let's agree to postponement of the payment for 60 years!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2016, 09:29:35 am »

If there's something we need, it's better diplomacy--if not more options as a diplomat, it's better doing diplomatic things in a place that's pretty much our niche of growth in trade and not antagonizing our current riches more.

A.

Because we'd like to not waste this opportunity on our successors 60 years in the future, who may not share our traits as is. :v

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2016, 09:30:27 am »

A

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2016, 10:01:54 am »

A

Remember how the kingdom hates slavery?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2016, 10:04:34 am »

Now that A has the lead I'll vote B. As long as we make sure to remember the debt, the cost, and the contract, then we should be able to get the amulet and deal with it at a much later date in a reasonable fashion.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 379