Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85564 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1]
« Reply #1365 on: September 22, 2016, 11:19:22 am »

Ulibossk looks around for suitable animals or/and natives. He orders the bow thrall to follow him.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:41 am »

"We'll go later, I suppose."
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 23, 2016, 12:07:46 am »

"Yes, I'm one of the Cazadores. I was wondering if you could point me towards where one would go for shopping."
Internally Samson makes a theory.
Is this the middle east of the US?

"Mmm-hmm." When Samson self-identifies himself as a Cazadore, it is clear that the bureaucrat has some doubts. "If you want to do some shopping, head out of here, take a right at the intersection and you'll reach the Grand Bazaar, you literally will not be able to miss it. They'll just about always have what you want, if you can haggle well. Keep an eye on your belongings, there's a lot of pickpockets out there."

<Not bad.  Always room for improvement.>

Nixil checked if there were any settings for the targets to fire back, or if a more dynamic shooting gallery option was available.

After the first round of targets, Nixil looks for further settings on the U.I. pad. He can continue to increase the amount and speed of the targets to ludicrous amounts, but that appears to be the limit of the technology. Suddenly, the screen is replaced by Woodsworth's face.

"I see you're trying to develop a more realistic and practical firefight. Why not try a V.R. Simulator? You can set up either a pre-made or custom scenario that will test out your actual skills. ^_^"

I Take a teleport down to there.

Zingleborg inputs the coordinates for Taite Cothron. He appears on the top of a stone building, where the teleporters are not the modern cylindrical models, but instead colored orbs placed upon marble pedestals. Looking over the side of the building, Zingleborg can deduce that he is on the top of a tower, and looking over a vast countryside. At the foot of the tower is a long dirt road that leads to a walled city a moderate distance away, roughly a mile or two. The road is populated by people on foot and on horseback, and the scene is very reminiscent of a romantic, even cliched portrayal of medieval times.

Ulibossk looks around for suitable animals or/and natives. He orders the bow thrall to follow him.

Ulibossk commands his Thrall to follow him and searches the immediate area for animals to capture, but unless he is set about to capture birds or lemur-like organisms, he's out of luck. He turns to luck for any natives, and does discover travelling down the road is a man in camouflaged clothing and hatwear, rugged rubber boots and a dark green hat, in addition to the heavy kit he carries on his back; this man appears to be ready for some sort of expedition. "Yu gwatah quessin sah?" Even with the translator, the traveler's accent is extremely thick.

Cadence appears in the Entrance Room of La Espada. Woodsworth floats over to her. "Heyo! Welcome to La Espada! I'm your host, Woodsworth! ^_^"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 23, 2016, 12:20:24 am »

<Excellent idea, thank you Woodsworth.>

Proceed to the V.R. simulator, if it asks for opponent settings, try to find the closest match to what would be a Yeerk-controlled squad of humans wielding Dracon weaponry.  Any location is fine.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 23, 2016, 12:26:40 am »

La-Vera - Originally part of Calhoun, La-Vera attained political independence 180 years ago and became a city-state. Its people, culture, and economy are not only independent from Calhoun, but larger and farther reaching. Located on the southern edge of Calhoun next to the ocean, La-Vera is renown for its constantly festive atmosphere, celebrations and a culture and language that is unique to the city. Every few years the city is wracked by great floods, though measures are now in place to sufficiently stymie the flooding as well as protocol for rebuilding. Socioeconomic differences by region are quite evident in La-Vera, though strife and crime tends to be contained within poorer communities. In the commercial district, there are several established tailors that produce fiery and provocative outfits and costumes that you will not find anywhere else.
"Fiery? Provocative? That describes my suit perfectly! Now, I just need a reference sketch—I'd never trust some loser to come up with a better design than mine, after all!"

Wario heads over to the library. If the robot dudes don't get in his way, he takes a laptop off of the shelf, using a paint program to make something like this. He then prints it out, assuming a printer exists within the room.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 23, 2016, 12:40:08 am »

Samson nods and follows the man's directions. He firmly plants his wallet into his shirt pocket as he goes.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 23, 2016, 01:11:05 am »

((You got a question ___?))
"Big beast you find me you many cash.""
Ulibossk uses simple words and gestures to avoid confusion. To reinforce his point, he takes out $100.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:21:33 am by vishdafish »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 23, 2016, 06:02:54 am »

Mega isn't lying; she is a pretty good cook in all actuality. The dish has quite a bit of seasoning and spices that would be completely new to Zara's palate if she had the typical medieval fare back in her home world.
"I have no idea how you got it this good but I don't think we could have done that back home."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 23, 2016, 06:14:37 am »

Ramona, still standing in the entrance room, sees Cadence, and nods in recognition. "Hey, gonna grab a bite to eat. Come if you want, after you're done."
She then heads to the kitchen with Mega's satay, and picks up a kebab, eating it with no words.

She muffles out a 'Mmm' of satisfaction.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:57 am »

Cadence is a little surprised to see something virtual to be her host, but quickly recovers. She grins and extends a hand to shake before realizing that's probably not a good idea.

"Thanks! Glad I could make it, looks like a real snazzy place you've got here."

She turns to Ramona, only to watch her start to walk away, presumably towards the kitchen. Cadence runs rhythmically jogs after her. "Hey, wait up!"

Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 23, 2016, 02:31:47 pm »

"We'll go later, I suppose."
There isn't much to be said, so Garuga merely offers her a nod.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 23, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

Ramona is eating satay in the kitchen, and nods at Cadence with her mouth full.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 23, 2016, 05:13:09 pm »

Anna shows up at the kitchen, wincing from some sort of pain, to devour food.

There would have been muffled pain-noises if anyone passed by her room in the past five minutes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 23, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Charlotte also strolls by the kitchen to get some food, poking at the satay.
".....if you dont mind me asking, what is this?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 23, 2016, 06:43:01 pm »

"So...this is a pretty big thing they've got going on here, eh?" Cadence says, ignoring the fact that Ramona is busy eating.

"Kinda suppose I missed the grand tour...would you mind showing me around a bit?"
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 123