Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85560 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1]
« Reply #1350 on: September 21, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »

Charlotte is still looking for a place that sells armour while struggling with a computer in the library doing so.
"These confounded new gadgets....."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 21, 2016, 04:28:29 pm »

Garuga tilts its head.
"...I suppose? I do not understand. Are we being sent on new mission already?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 21, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

"Excellent.
Oh, no, we aren't. But Woodsworth did say there were other missions we could complete on, er, planet... And honestly I need a break from all this chaos."
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 21, 2016, 05:56:43 pm »

Mega retrieves the meal she has been cooking, finds a rack and turns it on its side, and promptly sticks the sticks of satay to rest on the tines of the rack, nabbing one herself before calling out, "Hey, anyone wants any satay, I've got some in the kitchen!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 21, 2016, 05:58:05 pm »

Zara had been passing the kitchen at that time. She walks in. "I have no idea what a satay is, but trying new things is good, right?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 22, 2016, 01:04:39 am »

Wario scratches his head."What's 'U.S.' stand for? 'Ultra Stinky'?" He pauses. "Actually, don't answer that. Whatever the "real" name is, it can't possibly be more fitting."

Wario wanders over to the Transport Hub, where he searches for good tailors.

Wario walks past his good friend Woodsworth and into the Teleportation Hub. Choosing a module, he searches with the key word "Good Tailors."

La-Vera - Originally part of Calhoun, La-Vera attained political independence 180 years ago and became a city-state. Its people, culture, and economy are not only independent from Calhoun, but larger and farther reaching. Located on the southern edge of Calhoun next to the ocean, La-Vera is renown for its constantly festive atmosphere, celebrations and a culture and language that is unique to the city. Every few years the city is wracked by great floods, though measures are now in place to sufficiently stymie the flooding as well as protocol for rebuilding. Socioeconomic differences by region are quite evident in La-Vera, though strife and crime tends to be contained within poorer communities. In the commercial district, there are several established tailors that produce fiery and provocative outfits and costumes that you will not find anywhere else.

Shicheng-Dao - Another city-state formerly attached to a much larger state, Shicheng-Dao broke away from its mother state, Diguwang, out of sociopolitical differences, as Shicheng-Dao's populace favored a strongly individualist and capitalistic society opposed to the communal nature of Diguwang. Daoians, the title used by the populace to describe themselves, are prideful of their Shicheng-Dao is an island, extremely densely populated with skyscrapers and other tall structure, utilizing vertical space due to the shortage of horizontal area. Highly industrialized, the garment industry thrives in Shicheng-Dao, and getting a high quality outfit of high design is not difficult, provided you have the necessary capital.

Canalia - A city of allure, class and romance, Canalia is a port city that has avoided warfare that has historically plagued many states, mainly by shrewd use of its capital to foster alliances with more brutish and militaristic city-states that serve to protect it in exchange for trading rights. Canalia is a city-state of picturesque houses and interweaving canals. Rather than hard industrial goods, Canalia's main products are of a more artistic sort: clothing, jewelry, painting, sculptures, entertainment and high-class food.

Ramona dusts herself off, looking around. "Hey. Nice place. Where do I go?"

"What are ya' in the mood for? Something to eat? Read? Someone to fight? Games to play? :3"

Charlotte wanders around, sifting through her supplies. She goes to search for somewhere she can buy armor.

After looking through her inventory, Charlotte looks for some place to get armor. She enters the Teleportation Hub and searches for "Armor" at one of the Modules.

Taite Cothron - A state dominated by fields/plains/flat lands/whatever you want to call boring, agriculture-friendly space. Technology has remained in the medieval stage for hundreds of years due to influences of religious and magical institutions, leading to a conservative populace. For anyone seeking Western medieval-era armor, this is your go-to place.

Moltegaar - A land so cold and desolate that the weather seems almost malicious in nature. Moltegaar was once a great and prosperous nation, founded by the giants that the Vaakineers of Grimmar Velshun claim to be descended from. Then, for an unexplained reason, this temperate land become smothered by ice. The radical shift in temperature left many to either flee or perish. Now there are very few people left in Moltegaar, mostly treasure hunters and archaeologists, and even fewer permanent residents. Of note are the Anima, automatons created by the ancient Moltegaarians as servants and machines of burden by war. When the nation collapsed, the Anima were left without instructions and being immune to cold or starvation, they fled further into the icy wastes. Their metalworking abilities are said to be greater than that of any mortal being. The question is can they be found, and is the trek worth it? The last documented sighting of them was decades ago, although rumors always seem to crop up.

Murdah' Valley- Technically named "The District of Montague", the colloquial title is used by professors, scientists, even leading politicians. Many of the denizens approve of the name, as M.V.'s motto is understood to be the rhetorical "Do a motherfucker wanna die?" The government exists not so much as to prevent and fight crime, and more to maintain the order and balance of the existing criminal factions and syndicates to prevent real chaos from breaking out. You can find armor you didn't even think existed here, as well as a variety of other goods. Just don't ask if it's legal, or where it came from.

Samson approaches the desk under the assumption this is some sort of information desk.

Samson walks to the desk at the center of the Transportation Hub. This side of the desk is occupied by a man with bronze skin, appearing to be in his late 20's or early 30's, brown eyes and a moderately bushy mustache. His curly hair is covered with a cap colored the same as the rest of his mustard uniform, and his feet are kicked up onto the desk, adorned in rigid black shoes. Samson notices that he has a holster on his hip. "Can I help you?"

Choosing the Circle and Mobile options, and up to 50 targets appearing one after another, Nix set his Shredder to stun and started firing away.

Nix loads up 50 Circular/Mobile targets appearing in a serial succession. [Shooting: 9-2(Highly Mobile)] Nix hits a total of 36, not bad, though it is easier when they don't shoot back at you.

Ulibossk sets a course for Jamina, and orders his thralls to follow him.

Ulibossk pushes in the location for Jamina and sets for it with his Kolinquo Thrall. In the next moment, the two of them are in the wooden interior of a transportation hub, much smaller and less grand than the one in Shirae. There's no information desk here, just a map behind some reinforced plastic on the wall leading to the outside. Speaking of the outside, down a log ramp is the dirt road outside, immediately adjacent to the jungle fill of vibrant plant life, the buzzing of insect and the calling of creatures already audible. The path leads both Westward and Eastward; to the West it turns into the jungle, shadowed by thick canopy, while to the East the jungle clears out and Ulibossk makes out what looks like an outpost with a few buildings.

'Z' Types in Magic, items, and hats.

Zingleborg types in several Keywords, including Magic, Items and Hats. One main result is the cross-section for each of the Keywords.

Taite Cothron - A state dominated by fields/plains/flat lands/whatever you want to call boring, agriculture-friendly space. Technology has remained in the medieval stage for hundreds of years due to influences of religious and magical institutions, leading to a conservative populace. Magical people, institutions and items are dominant here, as are silly medieval hats.

The wallet transforms into a hard metallic case painted gray with a blue stripe, roughly half the size as before. He would remove 5,500 Zielons In two equal portions of 2,750 and hand them each to Ullibosk and Mega.
"Thank you both for watching my back out there. I may have met my end due to Woodsworth's prank without your help."
He then proceeds to go find an ammunition dealer who can provide live rounds for the rifle he had, unless it too was a fake.

After paying his teammates, Bastion heads out to find an ammunition dealer. On the way, he is halted by a U.I., who stands right in his path, blocking the corridor. After a few tense silent seconds, the U.I. takes its rifle and pulls the fully-loaded ammunition cartridge out of his own rifle and offers to to Bastion. Bastion can see that this time, the ammunition is there.

Yian Garuga's Zielon Wallet seems to disappear upon it acquiring said wallet. Who knows where it is now?

It stalks off into some random corridor before settling down against a wall. It decides to ask Woodsworth a question through the implant.
"Ah... Woodsworth? What was the... gol-den thing that came out of Solangre's corpse?"

"Oh, that? When I determined it wouldn't be a threat, I stopped tracking it, and it no longer became relevant. Solangre could have become a star after all, or exploded into a million pieces upon exiting the atmosphere! :3"

"Eh, at the moment eating sounds great."

"If you follow the signs, they'll lead you to the ship's kitchen, which comes with a full-range and an assortment of all kinds of foods and ingredients! I hear that one of your teammates is whipping up a native Indonesian meat dish, so it would be good to talk to her if you want some grub! ^_^"

Woodsworth sends out an implant message that reaches everyone simultaneously, regardless of location:

"I almost forgot to mention! While you're down on the U.S., you are no longer on official Cazadore duty, but I can't come down and help you either. I occupy a sort of head-of-military position, so if I get involved in planet affairs, people get upset! Last time there were protests! There was an joint-state investigative committee and they were not nice! I had to fill out lots of paperwork! >_<
So yah', stay safe! ^_^"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:22:03 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 22, 2016, 01:12:18 am »

"Eh, at the moment eating sounds great."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 22, 2016, 01:23:54 am »

Mega flashes a thumbs-up when Bastion gives her money, and then she gets back to finishing up preparing the food. When Zara walks in, Mega is casually leaning on a counter. "Indonesian. Meat spiced, grilled, then put on a stick. It's really good." She casually yanks a piece of meat off of the stick with her teeth and gets to chewing.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 22, 2016, 01:27:52 am »

"That is, good. I was worried it was a... failsafe? Backup the miasma created."
"Excellent.
Oh, no, we aren't. But Woodsworth did say there were other missions we could complete on, er, planet... And honestly I need a break from all this chaos."
"Oh. That, I understand that to a point."
That said, Garuga lies its head down on the ground.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 22, 2016, 01:50:05 am »

"Yes, I'm one of the Cazadores. I was wondering if you could point me towards where one would go for shopping."
Internally Samson makes a theory.
Is this the middle east of the US?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 22, 2016, 03:40:31 am »

<Not bad.  Always room for improvement.>

Nixil checked if there were any settings for the targets to fire back, or if a more dynamic shooting gallery option was available.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 22, 2016, 04:56:58 am »

Logan nods and, having nothing better to do whatsoever, sits down.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 22, 2016, 06:32:58 am »

Mega flashes a thumbs-up when Bastion gives her money, and then she gets back to finishing up preparing the food. When Zara walks in, Mega is casually leaning on a counter. "Indonesian. Meat spiced, grilled, then put on a stick. It's really good." She casually yanks a piece of meat off of the stick with her teeth and gets to chewing.
Assuming there are more sticks, Zara experimentally picks one up, looking at it before trying what Mega did.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 22, 2016, 07:51:15 am »

I Take a teleport down to there.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 22, 2016, 10:09:17 am »

Mega isn't lying; she is a pretty good cook in all actuality. The dish has quite a bit of seasoning and spices that would be completely new to Zara's palate if she had the typical medieval fare back in her home world.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 123