Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85872 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1]
« Reply #720 on: August 18, 2016, 04:14:25 pm »

Charlotte begins to pluck maize out of the stalks, [Harvesting: 9] and works efficiently to gather up a grand total of 28 individual lengths of corn.
The End puts his scythe to work, [2+2(Appropriate Tool)] but it turns out his farming skills have much left to be desired. He gathers 11 lengths of corn.
Sampson runs over and grabs the laborer's abandoned basket, and Wario has the same idea. The two tussle over the basket for a moment, [3 vs. 4+2] but it turns out that Wario is almost as strong as he is greedy, and he manages to yank the basket away. This little squabble has cost them both time though. [1-2(Distracted)] Sampson harvests a lot of maize, doing so with such haste and wanton recklessness he smashes much of it in his hands; the scoreboard lists him as officially harvesting 0.78 lengths of Maize. [9-2(Distracted)] Wario ends up with 22 lengths of corn.
Zingleborg picks up his staff, and rather than whacking anyone over the head, participates in the harvesting microgame. As it turns out, blunt instruments are not great for harvesting maize. [9-2(Inappropriate Tool)] Still, he works hard and finishes with 20 lengths of corn.

The microgame timer-bomb goes off, and with 28 lengths of corn, Charlotte is the winner! For her victory she receives a trinket companion: Stand Up Corn-median!
One of the pieces of maize on the ground suddenly erects and begins hopping towards Charlotte, sprouting anthropomorphic eyes and a mouth. "That microgame sure was a-maize-ing wasn't it? But we butter hurry up before the rest of this mission starts popping off!"

As the giant bird descends upon Logan's position, the knight takes a Defensive stance. Meanwhile, Ulibossk stands just a bit farther down the road and raises his Psionic Staff at the flying creature, targeting its rider with Dominance. [Will: 6+1 vs. 8] Ulibossk tries to get into the rider's head and launches into a short but tough battle of mental prowess, but the rider is able to shake off his influence. The bird does not attack Logan, and instead lands a few yards in front of her. It looks like someone had cast a growth spell on a common tropical bird, with its bright yellow plumage, mixed with red features around the eyes and long strand of feathers at the top of its head. A ropey bridle and a colorfully embroided leather saddle are attached to it as well like a horse. From the saddle a Kolinquo man jumps out, his outfit as vibrant as his mount; his open-faced helmet was shaped like the head of an eagle, and sprouted with a rainbow of feathers. He wore braces on his ankles and forearms as well as loincloth, all similarly costumed. His final piece of apparel was a simple pair of sandals, though he did carry a massive re-curve bow as well, a quiver of arrows resting on his back. He half-knocks an arrow as he speaks to Logan, "Outsider, state your business here."
Bastion travels northward, still hiding in the maize. Up ahead in his travels, he spots Ulibossk standing in the middle of the road, and further down a flashily dressed man with a bow is speaking to Logan, a giant saddled bird standing next to them. Vi witnesses the same thing, as does Bastion from the cover of the maze, still stealthed. Yian charges forward and sees the same thing, although he's still far enough that the bird-rider has not spotted him, though he likely would soon if the dragon stayed in the same place.

Frisk runs after the laborer, [Speed: 6 vs. 7] but he proves to be compelled to run as fast as he can and outpaces Frisk just enough to leave the child's line of sight and disappear among the tall stalks.

Anna captchalogues the maize, whatever captchaloguing is anyways. Oh well, nothing like proving your Godliness by stealing crops from the natives like everyone else. In her current situational, it appears that the Microgame is finished and Charlotte has acquired a Corn-panion, several people have appeared to have gone ahead and Frisk has vanished into the field.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:03:41 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 18, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »

Charlotte....keeps none of the corn. She has enough bait anyway for animals.

On second thought, she keeps one of length of corn, and places the rest somewhere for the natives to find. It didn't sit right with her to steal all of it, and even this little bit was making her uncomfortable. She quickly whispers an apology to absent farmers, before heading off into the maize after Frisk and settling her Cornpanion on her shoulder.
"Stay there, little one."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 18, 2016, 04:19:47 pm »

Logan lowers her shield and takes an open, vulnerable stance.

"There is word your god has arrived and walks the earth. I wish to pay my respects."
Black lives matter.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 18, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »

Wario jumps up and down. "Wah! I hate losing—and at my own microgame, too!" He glares at Sampson. "If you hadn't fought me over that basket, I'd have won! I'm sure of it!"

Eventually, he manages to calm down. "At least I didn't miss out on anything particularly valuable."

Wario travels north with the rest.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 18, 2016, 04:21:45 pm »

Ulibossk sneers at the riders resistance, and uses mind flay on him.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 18, 2016, 04:25:25 pm »

On the The North!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 18, 2016, 04:32:42 pm »

Garuga attempts to hide for now. The human was trying something with the other human. It would not do for it to be noticed quite yet.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 18, 2016, 04:35:54 pm »

"I'm only more confused now. What?? Egh... whatever. Let's get going!"
Mega joins the people going forward, though she again tries to be at the forefront.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 18, 2016, 04:38:20 pm »

"I'm just as confused..." Zara says to Mega as she also heads forward
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 18, 2016, 04:47:26 pm »

Nix heads forward, to wherever everyone else is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 18, 2016, 05:01:04 pm »

(I love how there is no mention of my character at all. Just... Stealths out of the entire game like that.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 18, 2016, 05:01:11 pm »

Samson grabs his gun and goes to join the women.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 18, 2016, 05:02:47 pm »

(I love how there is no mention of my character at all. Just... Stealths out of the entire game like that.)

(I'll his part back in, felt like I left out someone. Hard to keep tracking of 17 of y'all at once. :P)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 18, 2016, 05:16:10 pm »

Bastion would watch from his cover, trying to judge how alert the archer was. He had no doubts that the bow was strong enough to snipe him down from his spot, but he also had decent reaction times and some armor plating. He would prefer to remain stealthy however.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 18, 2016, 05:17:11 pm »

Vi watches the interaction between the rider and Logan. If the rider gets hostile. Dump the rider into an illusion more or less identical to the local area, just with everything, including the bird not present and fry them with Foxfire.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 123