Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85814 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1 Briefing]
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »

Twilight, already inside the ship, says, "Frisk? Are you feeling okay? Do you anything, or some help?", with a voice of empathy, yet also a bit of worry.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2016, 05:29:46 pm »

"You say Immortality isn't real, But I'm almost Ten thousand and don't Look a Day over Three Hundred and Eight."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2016, 05:38:41 pm »

"I am quite literally a fox spirit. This corporeal form is entirely redundant and unnecessary. It's Useful for interacting with the corporeal world, however ultimately it is unneeded. However. Do you really believe I would permit a vessel to age? This body is functionally immortal."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2016, 06:00:22 pm »

Twilight, already inside the ship, says, "Frisk? Are you feeling okay? Do you anything, or some help?", with a voice of empathy, yet also a bit of worry.
Frisk just looks smiles at her, and wipes their tears away one last time. "Yeah..... I'm good."

Hearing all this talk of immortality, Frisk hears them again.
You know what immortality is like. Why don't you speak up?

Because you know just as well as me that I can't SAVE in this place. The multiverse doesn't allow it. Only with extreme amounts of DETERMINATION can I load back.

Hmph. I know. But you still have experience.

They speak up. "Hey... Immortality isn't a fun experience. The fox has a point. I used to be able to SAVE when I felt determined, and then I would return to that point in time and space whenever I died. The multiverse won't let me, but I still have the essence of DETERMINATION." They hold up the determined hot dog.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2016, 06:24:23 pm »

Twilight smiles, before dropping it to join in. "My monarchs, Princesses Celestia and Luna, have lived for thousands of years. Celestia never told me about the heartache, but I could still tell she has seen things in her time. With these wings and this status, I feared I would be immortal as well. Whether I am or not, it's still scary, to live forever and not have your friends with you. But, this isn't about me. This is about immortality."

She then addresses Frisk directly, saying, "Your ability is fascinating. It does remind me, I never asked where you came from, Frisk. What happened before...well, now?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2016, 07:41:25 pm »

"No. Immortality is not something to fear. Nor is it sorrow inducing for those meant for it. Your mind is either meant for it. Or your mind is Not. The mortal mind is not meant for immortality. Hence why they experience various states of emotional distress from experiencing the ages."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 17, 2016, 07:49:32 pm »

"No. Immortality is not something to fear. Nor is it sorrow inducing for those meant for it. Your mind is either meant for it. Or your mind is Not. The mortal mind is not meant for immortality. Hence why they experience various states of emotional distress from experiencing the ages."
"Then what of machines, brought to life by mortals, yet immortal unless broken beyond repair?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2016, 07:57:09 pm »

"Depends entirely on the construct, the creator, the mind the construct's mind was modeled upon, and if it's even capable of cognition in the first place. If it is incapable of the latter, then the point is moot, as it doesn't have the capacity to experience the requisite emotions needed for the definition of sapience."

"Constructs are variable. Model one after a mortal's mind and it will experience the same troubles mortals experience from immortality. Model one after a naturally immortal entity or produce a seed and let the mind grow on its own and you get a mind capable of handling immortality."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2016, 08:11:15 pm »

The End is not talking, rather simply continuing to sharpen its scythe.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

"That explains why Celestia could hide it so well. She was ready for that burden. But what about me? What if I am immortal, or at least ageless? You said it yourself, my mind's not ready for that, and not ready to outlive my friends!"

Twilight pauses for a moment, before saying, "It's not about just me, so why burden anyone with my problems.", before looking downward, saddened.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2016, 08:21:09 pm »

"If you do happen to be ageless. You will be met with two choices. Centuries or perhaps millenia down the line. You will either Adapt or you will Fall. You will make the Choice to Live by any means necessary or you will make the Choice to Die. To Cease. To Stop. To End."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2016, 08:24:31 pm »

And for once, The End speaks.

"AS SHALL HAPPEN TO US ALL, EVENTUALLY."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:47 pm »

"Correct. Upon the death of Time. All shall Cease."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2016, 08:27:05 pm »

"Why are we talking about dying or going crazy just before a mission?"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »

Twilight slowly looks towards the new voice to see an all black...figure. She yells in alarm, before saying "W-what are you?", before turning back to Vi and saying, "W-wait. So you mean either let myself die or do horrible things to live? That...is...well, that makes sense, but it's still not going to be easy.", her voice teetering off upon seeing the End.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 123