Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85822 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1 Briefing]
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2016, 08:32:08 pm »

Wario laughs. "Glad I don't have to worry about all this immortality garbage. Better to live it up for a century than be a loser for all eternity, I say!"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2016, 08:33:27 pm »

"Let endings be endings. We are in the here and now, and that is what matters. Our end will come when it chooses and not a moment sooner."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2016, 08:35:17 pm »

"No. The choice is Live. Or Die. What you do to sustain that life is up to you and the nature of that immortality. A good example of that Choice in action is the Magi here. Vi points at Zingelbog. "He Made the Choice and he is alive today due to such. He chose to be Unrelenting. To Continue. To bite and claw his way through the centuries irregardless of the natural order demanding his Ceasation. His immortality is neither a blessing nor is it a curse. It simply is. As it should be. For he has made the Choice and Adapted."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:58 pm »

Twilight looks back up, letting Vi's words sink in. Finally, she says, "So...you're saying that if I want to live forever, I just...should? If I want to live, I should be ready to deal with those hardships, and be able to see each and every soul live and die? I think that's the conclusion I've reached, and if it is, then I'm feeling a bit better."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »

Logan sits, motionless, ignoring the ranting going on.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:17 pm »

"Actually, if something is truly immortal that means that things can't truly end since there's always something generating energy."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2016, 08:46:20 pm »

"The choice is Live as an Ageless Being or Die as a Mortal. Mortals will in the end, wilt and die. If you desire to be ageless and you have the capacity to enforce such a desire upon reality, then your choice is Adapting. Adapting entails that you accept the consequences. You Will see mortals around you wilt, fade, and die. You Will see how the world changes around you. And in all likelyhood, you Will experience a greater loneliness then most mortals experience in their entire lives. However as with all emotions, it will pass. The Magi again is a good example of this."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 17, 2016, 08:52:42 pm »

"I...think I get it now. I imagine I may have said choice, and if I have to choose...well, I still don't know what choice I will go with. I want all the time in the world, but my friends are more important then time or the ages. Perhaps I will stay mortal, perhaps I will age. I'm not making that choice today, so I'll dwell on it."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »

"As you should. You will know when the choice is to be made. Or perhaps you will not and your instincts will choose for you. It depends on the prospective immortal in question and the nature of their immortality."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2016, 09:04:25 pm »

Mega sighs and slouches into her seat. "This is way too heavy for me right now. Why now of all times? Not like it matters to me. I don't have agelessness, or-- or clone bodies, or being some sorta weird two-tone "god" guy or anything like that."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2016, 09:06:15 pm »

Twilight with no more words, nods her head and looks around at her new friends and allies, patiently waiting to land. She turns to Mega slouching and muttering, and thinks of what she thinks of the conversation, but Twilight still stays sat, nervousness making her frown slightly.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2016, 09:08:33 pm »

"That explains why Celestia could hide it so well. She was ready for that burden. But what about me? What if I am immortal, or at least ageless? You said it yourself, my mind's not ready for that, and not ready to outlive my friends!"

Twilight pauses for a moment, before saying, "It's not about just me, so why burden anyone with my problems.", before looking downward, saddened.
Twilight smiles, before dropping it to join in. "My monarchs, Princesses Celestia and Luna, have lived for thousands of years. Celestia never told me about the heartache, but I could still tell she has seen things in her time. With these wings and this status, I feared I would be immortal as well. Whether I am or not, it's still scary, to live forever and not have your friends with you. But, this isn't about me. This is about immortality."

She then addresses Frisk directly, saying, "Your ability is fascinating. It does remind me, I never asked where you came from, Frisk. What happened before...well, now?"
"Hey, your problems are important... Just as everyone elses are. But just because othersnare going through strife, doesn't mean yours is meaningless. And, basically... I came from Ebott City. There was a mountain called Mt. Ebott which monsters had been trapped under for generations. I fell down there, and then freed them all. I was then chosen to be an ambassador between humans and monsters, and then, an ambassador for the multiverse."/color]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »

Samson sits down next to Mega.
"Something bothering you?"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 17, 2016, 09:27:59 pm »

Twilight looks at Frisk, and smiles again. "Thank you, Frisk. That means a lot.". She pauses for a second, before continuing, "Monsters, huh? What kind of monsters? What did they do to get trapped under this Mt. Ebott place?", curiosity obvious in her voice.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2016, 09:28:22 pm »

"All the talk about death, and super powerful immortal people is really unnerving, given that we're about to go fight a wannabe god and all. This, well, it will in fact be the most important fight I'll be in, so all the talk about ends of lives sure doesn't sit well."
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 123