Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85664 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread
« Reply #435 on: August 16, 2016, 02:53:25 pm »

Twilight stops focusing, and was listening in the whole time, taking notes on everything.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread
« Reply #436 on: August 16, 2016, 03:00:38 pm »

Woodsworth, seeing a satisfactory amount of people in the room, begins the briefing:

"Hey everybody! I'll be briefing you on your first mission."

The lights in the War Room dim and the chalkboard-sized touchscreens on each of the room's four walls open up a slideshow presentation, titled in cutsey font: Mission 1 - The God of Blood

The screens begin to show footage of a group of tanned-skinned people in loose clothing, living among huts and dirt roads. Men are shown tilling soil, herding animals and crafting tools. Women are weaving cloth and cooking as children run among them. It's quite similar to a National Geographic program.
Woodsworth sounds noticeably less bouncy as he begins to explain the mission:

Overview: "These are the Kolinquo People, residing in a tropical rainforest on a medium-sized planet in universe WEI-F28/47. They have achieved agriculture and impressive levels of technology for a primitive people, already possessing irrigation and sewer systems. The Kolinquo are a prideful and violent people, who frequent war, and while they have agriculture hunting persists for both sport and religious purposes."

The screens now show a stone pyramid in typical Meso-American style rising high into the air, dwarfing all other structures by an immense scale. An altar sits at the top of the temple.

"This is the Temple of Solangre, the subject of Kolinquo religion. Solangre is an anthropomorphization of the Sun, who's opinion of the Kolinquo affects the weather that their crops desperately depend upon. Rituals for Solangre are performed at the altar, ranging from food and animal offerings to dances and tribe-wide holidays."

Footage of said rituals appears on the screen, with large baskets of food on the altar and the ritualized slaying of animals taking place on top of it as well, while thousands of Kolinquo in elaborate and brightly dressed costumes dance at the foot of the pyramid.

The Anomaly: "The religion of Solangre was founded, like in most primitive societies, to explain phenomena that people have no means to scientifically analyze. The myth of Solangre was born out of superstition."

A blue-haired creature, with a feline face but built like a massive gorilla, stands on top of the altar. As it raises it's arms, the thousands of Kolinquo on the ground supplicate.

"Now Solangre is real. His claims of Godhood are backed up by not only his mythical physique, but also his superantural powers."

In another clip, Solangre chucks some a bright orb from his hand, sending it into a nearby palm tree which catches on fire.

"He has allows altered the religion itself, introducing human sacrifice, leading to the capture of rival tribespeople to be used not as slaves, but for butchering."

A screaming man is subdued by several Kolinquo men on the altar of the pyramid as a grinning Solangre drives a large knife-like tool into his breast, making an incision and then ripping his heart out of his chest cavity. The Kolinquo cheer as Solangre hoists the still-beating heart over his mouth, crushing in his palm and letting the fluids spill onto his face and mouth.

"Even with these new rituals, we can't determine if Solangre is actually fueled by consuming blood."

"You will be flown in to a spot several kilometers away from the Kolinquo city to avoid aerial detection, although you are free to interact with the locals as you see fit once you arrive in there area. They have not encountered a new People in hundreds of years, so we can not determine whether they will be welcoming, hostile or neutral to your appearance.

Objective: "Kill Solangre. There does not appear to be a time condition as the Anomaly has stabilized for now, but if you discover that Solangre is attempting some sort of grand endeavor, that could be the sign of the Anomaly beginning to grow to larger levels."

The screens turn off and the lights turn back on.

"Anyone that wants to go on this Mission should proceed to the Loading Station at the North End of the ship! I will answer any questions you have and will remain in contact with you for the duration of your Mission! Try not to die! ;3"

Woodsworth hovers next to Bastion, "Yes?!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1 Briefing]
« Reply #437 on: August 16, 2016, 03:04:49 pm »

Logan silently replaces her helmet.

"It will be dead within the hour."
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 16, 2016, 03:06:11 pm »

Immediately, the spirit of fire flies back into the tan-girl and her eyes focus into a solemn look of determination. She stands up and briskly walks in the direction of the Loading Station.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 16, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »

Wario raises his hand. "I've got a question: How much loot is there going to be?" He grins. "If there's enough—and there should be; ancient temples always have loot—I might be able to forgive you for not giving me that advance. Maybe." He scowls. "Still not going to forgive you for STEALING my microgame, though."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 16, 2016, 03:12:54 pm »

"You can go and find out for yourself! Maybe there will be so much there you'll decide to stay on that planet forever! A victory for everyone! ^.^"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 16, 2016, 03:16:05 pm »

Wario shakes his head. "If I stayed there, this world would never get to see my microgames, and that would be tragic. Besides, it's not looting if you leave the loot where you find it. Wahaha!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 16, 2016, 03:17:14 pm »

Zara puts on her helmet. "Well then, we heading out?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 16, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »

"The mage" Picks up his staff and gets ready to go.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 16, 2016, 03:24:36 pm »

Ulibossk strolls to the loading area, looking down on all the other "peasants".

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 16, 2016, 03:28:59 pm »

[There will be a day before the Mission starts, to give people time to decide whether or not to go as well as to let people doing stuff on Ship get finished with it. If you want to go, just state that your character wants to go and they'll automatically go to the Loading Station when the Mission starts.]

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 16, 2016, 03:30:36 pm »

((Wario isn't going to pass up a temple-looting opportunity like this.))

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 16, 2016, 03:31:11 pm »

((HEFA gonna fight))
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 16, 2016, 03:31:42 pm »

Twilight, though disturbed by the image of human sacrifice, goes to the Loading Bay.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »

Charlotte is also disturbed, but nods and proceeds to the Loading Bay.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 123