Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85387 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Estrada Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2016, 06:19:11 pm »

"I see. Well....aside from the War of the Seven Princes, I can't think of anything that compares to constant invasion, except perhaps the bandits to the north...."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2016, 06:27:15 pm »

"Perhaps invasion was the wrong word, but it's the word I chose. The first time, our monarch's sister Luna transformed into a terror that sought to create eternal night. There was a Chaos Spirit named Discord who we've recently redeemed. There were the shapeshifting insects known as the Changelings that tried to kill my brother's wife and take her place on their wedding day. A shadow king named Sombra who sought to kill everyone in the Crystal Empire. Vines Discord summoned years ago. Tirek, which is a long story. My student Starlight Glimmer used to be evil...

...Oh! I am so, so sorry. I didn't to make all of this about me. Um, what do you mean by a war of the Seven Princes?
"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2016, 06:39:26 pm »

"No, no, it's quite alright. It's.....rather interesting. Rather like a story from a fairy tale, if you don't mind me saying." Charlotte smiles politely, before closing her eyes, casting her mind back to the stories in her youth, of her grandfather who had fought in the war.

"The War of the Seven Princes? It was.....exactly like it sounds. A war between seven princes, fighting over Danestadt itself because they believed it belonged to them and them alone.

It lasted for ten years, and many people died, whether fighting for one of the princes or caught in the crossfire. They say that they had great magic in those days, magic that could split mountains, and fell a thousand horses, and all of it fell upon the people of my land. My grandfather fought in the war, and he saw many things; devices that could spit fire and steel, magic that could rain lightning from the sky and fell mortal men. Some of the land became sour from the magic, and nothing would grow in the blizzards the magic brought, and our people starved and froze in the eternal winter. In the end, one prince, tired of the fighting, managed to push the other six away, and he ruled over Danestadt.

That is why there are so many monsters where I come from; the magic brought them here, and the corpses of the dead were plentiful.

Still, that war was almost sixty years ago, and ever since, my country has been rather peaceful."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2016, 06:56:33 pm »

Twilight looks to the ground, eyes misty with empathy as she says, "That s-sounds terrible. The very idea that such a squabble could end so many lives...it makes me sick. I-I just hope this doesn't happen to Equestria. I'm sorry for your losses, and I'm sorry for the people who are being attacked by those monsters.". Clearing a stray tear or two from her cheeks with her hooves, she looks Charlotte in the eye and says, "Still, I'm glad to hear the world's in peace. It must be difficult to keep such a peace with so much bloodshed. I am curious, which Prince won the battle, and has ruled or had ruled? It sounds like a big deal to have seven Princes fighting and I'm not sure what happened next."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »

"It's alright. There's no need to cry; it's all in the past. After all, tears are better saved for happy occasions, aren't they?

As for the prince.....he was a good man, the only one of the six to come from Danestadt itself. The others were foreign princes who had ties, but were not themselves Danards, and he couldn't bear to see his people be harmed any further. They say he tried to bring the war out of his land, had the other six not forced it back in.

He was called Prince Otto; Otto der Retter, they called him, because he saved our land when war tore it to pieces. He died twenty years ago, with his son ruling since."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2016, 07:14:15 pm »

She looked at him with a bit more unsureness... then shook it off and shrugged.
"...right. Let's go find a sparring room?"
"Of course."
He goes off looking for the gym, and thus a sparring room.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »

Twilight blinks the rest of her tears away, clearing more strays from her cheeks before saying, "R-right. It's in the past. I'm sorry, I just have this empathy about everyone, especially since I'm one of the Princesses of Equestria in the first place. It hurts to think about, you know? Prince Otto sounds like a great man. Perhaps we'll land in Danestadt, and we can get enough off time that I can see your land for myself. If I may ask, who's the current Prince? You know, Otto's son? Is he as good as his father?", she finishes off with a much more honest smile, bittersweet in tone as though it's all she can do.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2016, 07:20:23 pm »

Charlotte smiles.
"He's good, too. He's not a warrior like his father, but a great peacemaker.

And perhaps I shall get to see your Equestria, too. Certainly a fair bit less colder than my home."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2016, 07:34:48 pm »

Twilight looks up, before saying, "Yep. Much less cold. Hmm, I forgot what I came back in for...oh! Right. I came in here to finish a novel I was reading. The latest Daring Do book! Um, you don't need to ask. Daring Do's a book series from Equestria, I guess Woodsworth and his group grabbed the series while they were in Equestria. Perhaps you can whatever book you were looking for, and we can just sit down?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2016, 07:36:57 pm »

"A book series?" Charlotte looks briefly confused, before realising what she was on about. "Ah, right. Those are.....a rather new concept where I'm from. I must confess, I only came to look at the books...but I suppose I could read with you, if I can find an interesting one."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2016, 07:42:41 pm »

Twilight nods, and grabs the latest Daring Do book Daring Do and the Quest for Saddle Madre II with her magic, levitating it in a Magenta glow. She sits down on one of the seats in the Library, before cracking the book open to around page 10.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:46:38 pm by Greatness942 »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2016, 09:04:09 pm »

Samson pauses again and turns around.
"... Have you ever seen a canon? This is basically a really long version of one of those shrunk down that fires much faster.... With a knife on the end for when I get... angry."
He holds the end up. Anyone in the halls could probably hear talking from the sniper and knight dorm.
"...Oh."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2016, 09:09:05 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2016, 12:29:35 am »

Those looking for a fight, or just a workout, eventually stumble upon the Gym/Training Facility. Inside is your typically array of gym equipment, ranging from simple dumbells and barbells to leg presses, olypticals and abductors. The rear part of the gym appears to be dedicated to fighting, with rows of punching bags and dummies set up. There is also a matted area, similar to what one might find in a Judo tournament, as well as an enclosed boxing ring.

Sampson arrives in PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA. There, the press is already making headlines.
"SAMPSON: BOON OR BUST?"
"YOUNG LINEBACKER SHOWS PROMISE"
"GET GUD"

Pittsburgh is a massive city and the epicenter of American industry. There's still a couple days before summer training begins.

>Do stuff on your last days of freedom.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2016, 12:32:30 am »

The local knightess has begun meandering around the ship, in no particular direction.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 123