Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85699 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 1]
« Reply #1155 on: September 10, 2016, 08:24:02 am »

Anna focuses on protecting Frisk from the rampaging citizenry.  If none of them go after Frisk, she heals one of the wounded and uses that to attack Solangre.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 10, 2016, 08:31:01 am »

Ulibossk orders the bow thrall to fire at any approaching enemies and casts mindflay then domination on Solangre.

((Assuming lizard rider is protecting Bastion stil.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:26:18 pm by vishdafish »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 10, 2016, 08:48:43 am »

Yian Garuga lets out another earpiercing roar. This Solangre was seriously starting to test its patience.

It charges at him again, this time using an Instant Charge.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 10, 2016, 08:54:52 am »

Wario grins. "The idol is mine! Mine! I bet this thing is worth a fortune!"

Wario stuffs the idol into his new looting sack, and then hurls a Bob-omb at the largest group of soldiers he can see.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 10, 2016, 10:42:40 am »

Samson curbstomps the spear wielder.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 10, 2016, 12:51:02 pm »

Logan sighs a little in relief, putting away her Flask. She returns to the fight, and aims to Parry the next attack Solangre performed.
Black lives matter.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 10, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »

I Cast Chaos Call.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 10, 2016, 02:50:22 pm »

Ulibossk orders the bow thrall to fire at any approaching enemies and casts mindflay on Solangre.

I just realized that I forgot to have Ulibossk casts Mindflay last turn, so I'll allow him to have an additional attack next turn without penalization.

The Salamander Rider is currently unconscious.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 10, 2016, 03:24:41 pm »

"DO YOU SEE NOW HOW YOUR DEATH WAS INEVITABLE?"

The End pulls forth its scythe, honed and ready, and Reaps Solangre.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 10, 2016, 03:25:13 pm »

Oops, damn you tired eyes. Edited action.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 11, 2016, 10:19:22 pm »

Now that Mega's right close to Solangre, she grabs and slashes him!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 13, 2016, 03:25:43 pm »

Multiheal on Yian Garuga, Nixil, and Samson if they are in range.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

Do the flying thing.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 14, 2016, 12:41:39 am »

((ptw/PtP))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:44:04 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 14, 2016, 02:01:41 am »

Do the flying thing.
"Well, if we keep up at this rate, you're going to die anyway. You can either come peacefully, or be forced to end here, surrounded by this chaos."

>ACT>
>SOLANGRE>
>PERSUADE

Wario grins. "The idol is mine! Mine! I bet this thing is worth a fortune!"

Wario stuffs the idol into his new looting sack, and then hurls a Bob-omb at the largest group of soldiers he can see.
snatching a bow and a quiver of arrows off one of the unconscious guards to use, he points out that the crowd of onlookers is turning violent to all the remaining guards. He then turns and tries to fire at solangre's eyes with a Snap-Shot, though it would be a bit clumsy since he was used to higher tech weaponry.
Multiheal on Yian Garuga, Nixil, and Samson if they are in range.
Logan sighs a little in relief, putting away her Flask. She returns to the fight, and aims to Parry the next attack Solangre performed.
Anna focuses on protecting Frisk from the rampaging citizenry.  If none of them go after Frisk, she heals one of the wounded and uses that to attack Solangre.
Now that Mega's right close to Solangre, she grabs and slashes him!
Yian Garuga lets out another earpiercing roar. This Solangre was seriously starting to test its patience.

It charges at him again, this time using an Instant Charge.
I Cast Chaos Call.
"Sufficient for entertainment." Vi moves to a good vantage point of the temple and watches the chaos unfold. Dicking with the perceptions of the various soldiers senses of balance. It's significantly harder to fight when you feel like you're falling even though you're not. Especially when you instinctually adjust yourself to avoid falling and end up really falling due to that.
"DO YOU SEE NOW HOW YOUR DEATH WAS INEVITABLE?"

The End pulls forth its scythe, honed and ready, and Reaps Solangre.
Samson curbstomps the spear wielder.
Nixil glares at the Kolinquo swordsman, readying his tail, moving it in almost hypnotic fashion right in front of himself, then immediately striking out with a slash to the swordsman's neck.
Twilight spreads her wings open and flies out of Solangre's way, before flying to some high ground, before trying to grab the electric spear through her magic. While doing so, she mutters under her breath:

"Any other day, I'd stop the fighting. If killing you is necessary, then it's fair to say that I have little choice, no matter my position."
Ulibossk orders the bow thrall to fire at any approaching enemies and casts mindflay then domination on Solangre.

Charlotte continues to hoover over the battlefield with her flapping Tootalin with Frisk in tow. For the moment they are safe, there is a chance that the archers could pose a threat, but it appears they are more concerned with everything happening on the ground. The crowd, previously only spectators, have joined in the fighting, swarming the melee and becoming active participants.
Frisk moves into a more hard-line version of diplomacy, attempting to tap into both pragmatism and pathos. "Well, if we keep up at this rate, you're going to die anyway. You can either come peacefully, or be forced to end here, surrounded by this chaos." [Persuasion: 4+2 vs. 8] Solangre roars back, pain apparent with the cracking of his voice, "Better to die in my kingdom than in one of your dungeons!" Although Frisk's did not manage to reach him, the Sun God has officially announced that his death may be coming.

Wario giggles giddily like a gay schoolgal, "The idol is mine! Mine! I bet this thing is worth a fortune!" Intent on making the Golden Monkey Head his own treasure for no one else, he greedily stuffs it deep into his new Loot Bag and ties it tightly. Refocusing on the fight, Wario locates the largest cluster of Kolinquo Guards while pulling out a Bom-omb. After lighting the fuse on the wide-eyed explosive, Wario tosses it into the cluster. [2 vs. 9] The Bom-omb travels about five feet before hitting the ground and exploding in a naked spot of Earth, hurting no one, though it does capture the attention of a handful of guards. [9 vs. 5] A flurry of spears are flung at Wario, pattering into the dirt around him, one managing to strike him in the left side, directly beneath the ribcage.

Bastion, in the midst of the chaos, grasps for one of the many bows among the weapons that litter the ground, dropped by fallen Kolinquo soldiers. With no resistance, he snatches up a longbow. It is lighter than its appearance made it seem, as it is noticeably larger than an average longbow, yet it retains a feeling of power. He finds Solangre roaring nearby and aims the bow at right at the self-proclaimed God's eyes, unaccustomed to using this level of technology. Bastion releases the arrow in a quick Snap Shot, [3-2 vs. 2+2] which misses by a wide margin and flies into the distance.

Zara attends to the most seriously wounded Cazadores, casting Multiheal on Yian Garuga, Samson and Nixil. The three of them are scattered around the area, but all in a close enough range that they can be attended to simultaneously. [7] The targets of the Multiheal are basked in a light hue of Zara's aura; while they all remaining bleeding, the blood loss has been stifled to an extent that they each have a couple more turns before it any wound becomes serious.

Logan puts away her flask, sighs in relief and then rushes at Solangre until she's standing directly before him. She gets into a fighting stance but does not deliver a strike, instead intending to Parry the first attack that Solangre launches at her. The two of them share a stare as Solangre tightens his grip around the Electrified Spear.

Anna runs to protect Frisk, but can't find the child anywhere in the calamity of battle. Half-panicked, the Heir of Grief finally spots Frisk flying in the sky next to Charlotte. With that out of the way, she looks for one of her teammates to heal; she witnesses Wario trotting around with a spear stuck in his side, and decides that he's a priority patient. [6] Like with Zara's Multiheal, Anna does not manage to stop Wario's bleeding, but she does moderate the flow and does buy him more time. She then redirects the amount of healing into Solangre. [6 vs. 8] Solangre briefly feels something tearing into his side but he manages to shrug off the magical force.

Mega leaps at Solangre from behind, [8+2 vs. 4] grabs onto his right shoulder and whips herself around. Before the Primate-Feline can tell what's going on, Mega is flying across from him and bringing her Kerambit with her, swinging it into Solangre, the sharp metal blade giving him a long cut that stretches from the top corner of his right breast and goes diagonally downwards and exits from the region of his left kidney. Mega lands gracefully a few feet away as Solangre lets out a painful sound, half-gasp and half-wheeze.

Yian Garuga cries an ear-piercing roar that actually becomes muffled among the loud sounds of warfare. The dragon thunderously covers ground, ducking its head down as it performs an Instant Charge at Solangre's backside. [5 vs. 8] Solangre rolls out of the way, as does Logan who is forced to get out of her teammate's way as his momentum carries the Garuga past its intended target. Logan and Solangre both feel a non-voluntary intimate connection over their shared love of combat rolls, but this feeling evaporates as they both get back onto their feet.

Zingelborg casts Chaos Call, and a magically unstable field surrounds his body, its aura flickering incessantly between black and white. This could prove to be either a bane or boon for his next action.

"Sufficient for entertainment." Vi is pleased with the situation that has unfolded before her, and floats away to find a good spot to view all the action. The Kitsune settles on the very top of the pyramid, just wide enough that her physical humanoid form can take a seat and look down at the bottom, recognizing familiar faces among the masses of people. It's a lot like watching a the performance of a rehearsed dance, if you replace "rehearsed" with "batshit" and "dance" with "orgy of fighting". The fox spirit begins to tamper with the perception of the Kolinquo Guards. [Perception Alteration: 4+3(Highly Emotional Environment) vs. 6] It's a little hard to specifically target the soldiers from this distance, particularly with so many Cazadores and Kolinquo citizens in the mix. Nonetheless, a couple of guards drop their arms and fall to their knees screaming, overcome with extreme, overwhelming vertigo, while their comrades look at them with bewilderment.

The End moves through the throngs of people directly towards Solangre with a rhetorical exclamation, "DO YOU SEE NOW HOW YOUR DEATH WAS INEVITABLE?" The End pulls its Scythe out of nothingness, so black that it's hard to spot definitvely without great focus. [10+3 vs. 6+2] Solangre leaps to the side, but that does not spare him from the wide-swinging scythe, especially with the three Marks of the End placed on his body. The Reaping commences, and the ebony metal comes down on Solangre's left shoulder, slicing into it like a hot knife through butter. The End pulls the Scythe back, which is completely clean as though it were a freshly made weapon, while a large blue primate arms rolls across the ground. As he looks upon his fallen limb, for the first time in this battle Solangre wears an explicitly worried expression.

Samson, the ever-merciful, raises his foot over the Kolinquo Spearman who is currently on his back, still trying to recover his breath from the last strike. [3+2 vs. 6-2] Caught up in a rage, Samson's foot comes down with great force but little accuracy, and skims the edge of the Kolinquo's body but fails to land a proper blow.

Nixil glares at the Kolinquo who had dared to wound him. While the swordsman circles him, the Andalite has his tail follow the soldier, swaying in front of his eyes in a rhythmic pattern, in an effort to lull him into a relaxed, hypnotic state. [10+1 vs. 5] When the swordsman unconsciously begins to focus more on the movement of the tail than on Nixil himself, the tail-blade whips out and cuts him across the neck like a sword itself. The Kolinquo drops his sword and seizes two hands on his throat, attempting to stymie the bloodflow. He turns tail and runs away, clearly not planning to mess with Nixil anytime soon.

Twilight flies onto a higher level on the Temple steps, out of Solangre's physical range but keeping him within her own. Twilight mutters something under her breath, heard only to herself,  "Any other day, I'd stop the fighting. If killing you is necessary, then it's fair to say that I have little choice, no matter my position." As her horn glows, her aura surrounds the Electrified Spear. [6+3 vs. 9+2-2] Despite her magical proficiency and Solangre's lack of two arms, he remains strong enough to resist her power. While she pulls it away at first, Solangre struggles, grunting like a weightlifter before ripping it back in front of him, severing Twilight's spell in their non-contact tug-of-war.

Ulibossk mentally commands that his active Thrall repel incoming enemies. The Thrall wordlessly loads its bow, and turns towards the mob, which now looks to be the most pressing new source of hostility. [10 vs. 7] Arrows fly into the nearest members of the mobs, who drop like flies. The Kolinquo are caught up in such a frenzy, however, that the sight of this does not stop their advance, and the Thrall quickly finds itself without arrows.
The Mindflayer focuses on Solangre in the meantime and performs his titular technique. [10+1 vs. 4] The Sun God suddenly falls on his ass, screaming in pain and clutching at his forehead with both hands, feeling a tangible pain as if his brain were being ignited on fire. With Solangre vulnerable, Ulibossk immediately follows up with Domination. [N/A] Despite putting great effort into this, he can't get a hold on Solangre's mental independence, as if there is some other force blocking the way beyond mere willpower and resistance. After this assault of the mind, Solangre opens his eyes back up and slowly rises to his feet, looking more fatigued than when he had fallen.

Solangre gradually resumes a proper stance for a spear fighter, clutching the Electrified Spear in his remaining hand as he squares off against Logan; despite the severity of his wounds, he does not surrender or flee yet. "You storm my kingdom, take my people and then try to kill me, what kind of satisfaction are you people looking for?" He points the tip of the spear at Logan like an accusatory finger. "I am the God of Sun, God of Blood. The celestial and the earthly. The immortal and the ephemeral. I maintain the control and balance of these forces, and I won't let you stop me."
Solangre lunges for Logan who immediately launches into a Parry, deflecting the forward thrusting attack with the side of her blade, using enough to deflect it and set the God off balance. [7 vs. 9+2] Logan thrusts her blade forward as a Riposte maneuver, which Solangre leaps backwards from. He thrusts at her again, [4+1 vs. 8] and the knight steps off to the right. She steps forward, performing a horizontal slash from the right, [6 vs. 6+2] and Solangre backs away from the blade, its tip skimming a few hairs off his chest.
The Blood God groans angrily, and resorts to throwing his spear at Logan, [3 vs. 6] which she bats away with her shield, and it skitters onto the ground. Before Solangre can make his next move, Logan is given an opportunity to strike, [6 vs. 1+2] and slashes Solangre right above his sternum, yet another bleeding wound.
With a scream more bestial than ever before, Solangre reaches for Logan with his open palm. [8 vs. 7] Solangre massive hand is able to wrap around Logan's entire midsection, even around her back. Logan puts up a fierce fight, squirming in his grip and beating on his fingers with her sword hilt and shield, to no avail; like the great monsters Logan had experience fighting against, she was no match in pure raw physical strength and size. The God pulled her in close to his face, so that the heat of his ragged breathing became palpable, and the blood of his wounds was scented like sharp iron. "Is this what valor is, knight?" [9 vs. 2] Logan's response to this inquiry comes in the form of her taking the drake sword and plunging it straight into Solangre's left breast from close range burying it until half of the blade disappeared within him. Solangre's hand immediately loosens around the knight, allowing her to step away, reclaiming her sword from Solangre's chest with a mighty pull. Solangre's blood pours from his heart like an ever-spilling pitcher of red wine.

The Kolinquo guards morale is rapidly plummeting from their constantly draining numbers and the encroaching crowd, who is now striking them with impunity, subjecting them to the blows of farming implements and a hail of rocks. The spearman who had squared off against Samson was now being surrounded and kicked to death while Nix's swordsman opponent becomes swallowed up by the angry crowd, making his final fate unseen by logically known. With this development, the Kolinquo Guard Unit shatters, scattering in every direction away from the mob, running past the perimeter of Solangre's Temple and into the surrounding jungle. For the moment, the Kolinquo Mob is not attacking the Cazadore, though in their volatile state that could change, especially if they run out of guards to seize and beat to death.

The Sun God clutches at his chest. "How did you-? Why did-?Solangre suddenly sputters a chunk of crimson fluid from his mouth and collapses onto his face, landing with the force of a one-ton bag of bricks. With audible efforts, he props himself up with his remaining hand, blood running from his mouth like a springtime river. He pans around, watching as the mob tears into the dissolving guard unit. He looks at Logan and The End, the two Cazadores standing adjacent in front of him, and speaks like a reflective elder on their deathbed, "Look. Look at what you have done to my people. My children. They have reverted to animals, like they were before I came. Why did you do this to them? What's going to happen to them?" Solangre's voice takes on a surprisingly softer, pleading tone. "Have you thought about them? What's going to happen to them after you dispose me? You can not kill me. When I leave this form I will become a star that will shine for billions of years. But they are not Gods, these are mortals. They quarrel, they act impulsively without foresight, and they can kill themselves, destroy themselves. How will you people care for them?" Solangre's jaw hangs agape, his eyes wide. He is scared.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

Johnny and Kelly Baler spawn into the Introduction Room. The two of them are greeted by a floating green screen, (not a floating monitor, just a screen) its display arranged in characters that would seem arcane, obsolete or strange, possibly all three.

"Hiiiiii~! Welcome to La Espada! Congratulations on becoming real deal Cazadores! I am your host Woodsworth, and I am happy to have you! ^_^"

A short chime sounds off.

"Your implants are complete! Du behersker trillioner af sprog nu! Ben bile bir şey hissetmedim bahis! ;)"

Woodsworth is squeaky.

"The ship is yours to explore! Make yourself at home! Are there any questions? :3"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 123