Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tavern as Clothing/metal factory?  (Read 813 times)

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tavern as Clothing/metal factory?
« on: August 12, 2016, 04:30:05 am »

I was thinking about taverns. I haven't really used any libraries/taverns/temples myself yet, but I am trying to consider the possibilities.

One of them being using your military to slaughter all visitors to your tavern.

Would this result in war? Would this result in people not visiting your tavern?

Would this result in clothing that could be worn by dorfs, as well as weapons-grade metal here and there?

Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tavern as Clothing/metal factory?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:50 am »

i actually use taverns as my gate house. warrior visiters will idle unless something attacks you in the tavern. its like having a temporary militia. i also reject everyone unless they have good equipment and stats since managing your own army is hard enough, let alone others.

AFAIK there are no side effects of killing them. they just keep coming. its probably because my tavern is also my dining room and bedroom. it keeps everyone happy and becoming cave adept. i draft everyone into the.military so i can at least give them leather armour.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 05:42:54 am »

i actually use taverns as my gate house. warrior visiters will idle unless something attacks you in the tavern. its like having a temporary militia. i also reject everyone unless they have good equipment and stats since managing your own army is hard enough, let alone others.

AFAIK there are no side effects of killing them. they just keep coming. its probably because my tavern is also my dining room and bedroom. it keeps everyone happy and becoming cave adept. i draft everyone into the.military so i can at least give them leather armour.

You keep your dining room and bedroom in your gatehouse? Sounds fun.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:14:11 am »

yep, and once a poor innocent puppy gets attacked, the warriors swarm in. my burrow is just to the next room. if im lucky my militia might get some experience, but most get caged and pitted later on. its hell when mega beasts arrive though as taveen patrons cant deal with them.

EDIT
i also have a corpse and useless refuse stockpile there. it helps with their mentality. they feel nothing when A dies, but they still get horrified though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:18:33 am by fonzacus »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 03:22:14 am »

I would think disposing of all the bodies would make it not worth the effort.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 03:22:37 am »

At some point you could also just designate tavern guests' belongings to be dumped or melted; haulers would then come and strip the visitors butt naked without anyone complaining. A handy source of metal in a pinch, although I'm not sure if it works in the latest version.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?