Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing an outsider werebeast causes...murder?  (Read 936 times)

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Killing an outsider werebeast causes...murder?
« on: August 12, 2016, 01:43:53 am »

I'm still on 40.24 (not moving on to the new version until satisfying impossible needs issues are dealt with.). My old fort was going well, until some werebeast shows up, my crack marksdwarves finish him off...then I see fighting inside the fortress, where some civilian (but armed and armored, as all my adulr civilians are in militia.) decided to attack the marksdwarf who killed the beast and kill him

Now, I'm confused:. the werebeast was both a noncitizen (of my fort anyways) and still in beast form when killed.  No relationship shows up between the werebeast and themurderer in the Legends Viewer.  Oddly, it's not even showing up as a crime.  So what just happened?

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile
Re: Killing an outsider werebeast causes...murder?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:51:49 am »

Was the werebeast a part of the Dwarven civilization? If so, there might be some sort of minor loyalty cascade that happened there.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"

h27kim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:33:09 am »

Yup.  I did not think loyalty cascades happen while werebeasts were still in beast form, but I guess that is not always the case.  Maybe it is better to just wait out the besst than to kill it, if it has a dwarven name?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:03:11 pm »

Maybe he switched back just before the killing blow hit? I can vouch for werebeasts being able to be killed by military without loyalty issues.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kumquat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 12:56:41 am »

Sounds like a bug that was fixed in a more recent versions where dwarfs who had some minor grudge against another would join the fight on the side of the monster. And by minor grudge we're speaking things like "your distant cousin was a bandit who once killed a hamster in a town my grandma once visited."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:23:55 pm »

That's some Skyrim-level crime logic.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0