Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Arachnophobia - Welcome to Arachnisle - IC  (Read 4140 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Arachnophobia - Welcome to Arachnisle - IC
« on: August 11, 2016, 05:52:20 pm »

A beautiful day... The sun is shining, and the waves are calmly splashing along the coast that surrounds Charak Settlement. You have finally arrived, after a long plane trip, and a slightly shorter bus ride to the town. But, being here now makes it all worthwhile. The sights, the smells... and the sounds of town, coming into audible range. You see it now, through the faded windscreen of the lemon bus. A bustling town of activity.... well, with about four or five people rushing about, preparing festivities for your arrival. Banners, balloons, and confetti rain down upon the bus as you enter, the townsfolk looking as excited as ever to have five new residents. The bus drops you off in the town centre, before driving off again. You are met by five friendly faces, three of which speak.

"Hi! I'm Irathil. But you can call me whatever. Welcome to Charak Settlement! We're really excited to have you here. We hope having some Charak Ranchers will actually get this place some attention for once, and some more residents. If you ever need any help, or just have some general questions, feel free to come and ask me! Most days I'll be in my house, which is just in the centre of town. I'm sort of the temporary mayor of this place."

"Oh! Hello there, people. I am Yvonne, and you may find me on the coast, in my restaurant house most of the time. I can sell you some nice food, or teach you how to cook on your own! For a price, of course. Hehehehe~."

"Hi there. I'm Jeremiah. We're so happy to have you here. I'm the town's resident grocer, and you can usually find me in my shop, just beside Irathils' house. If you want to learn anything about gardenin', feel free to come in and ask! I also sell general supplies which restock every week, so be sure to check in regularly!"

The two others nearly speak, but you are soon lead to your new Charak Ranches, just outside of town. They are all at different ends of the pentagonal shape the town forms, and each has the same amenities. One Charak stable, a saddle, water/food troughs, hay piles, farmland, plough, hoe, shovel, pickaxe, axe, workbench, and well to gather water from. You are also given a few seeds each by Jeremiah, which are apparently turnip seeds. You are also given some basic cooking equipment, to go with the kitchen that is included in your houses, that are alongside your barns. From here, it is up to you what you do. You have a lasso, and can begin Charak-hunting, or you could just start gardening, or looking for resources. The island is yours! So go ahead and explore.

((NPCs, you can go around and interact with players, or perform actions of your own.))

OOC Thread

((Note, when you perform an action, you will have to wait for other players to post an action, and then the appropriate energy will be deducted. Actions can be big or small, but insignificant actions will be done immediately.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Arachnophobia - Welcome to Arachnisle - IC
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:52:59 pm »

((PTW while reading OP))

Nora takes stock of whatever resources she might have besides the turnip seeds, such as building materials, money, food, etc..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:04:04 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »

She finds a stockpile of a few basic building materials, including some wood, stone, and some basic tools. There are also nails, screws, and bolts. She also finds $100 in her pocket. And, in the kitchen, there are basic cooking ingredients, and enough cans of beans to last you a few weeks.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »

"Mm... kind of problematic. I wonder how long this will last... and if I can actually find any Charaks... and if I'll figure out how to garden or cook..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 07:05:18 pm »

Knocks sound from her front door.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »

"It's open! Feel free to come in!" Nora shouts over her shoulder, beginning to arrange her furniture how she likes.

Any "blueprints" or equivalent on/in the workbench?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:10:49 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:47:56 pm »

It opens and Nora hears quiet footsteps behind her. then the knife hits her spine

Her visitor speaks: "Nice place you have here. My name's Chester. Chester Dane. I saw you and the other newcomers earlier, but I... didn't get a chance to introduce myself, heheh."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 07:55:20 pm »

As she finishes shoving her bed into the corner, she turns around and sits on it, turning to her visitor and waving. "Nice to meet'cha, Chester. Nora Crawford. Not sure why they had us in such a hurry, not like we can get lost with how the town's laid out.

Not really a newcomer, I've lived her a long time. My family lives here, y'see. This was my grandmother's ranch, and she left it to me when she passed."
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 08:06:00 pm »

"Oh, really? I only moved here about a year ago, so I must have missed you around town. Sorry about your grandmother...
Er, well, I'm the town's resident Charakologist, so I can help get you started if you're thinking of raising any for the fairs. I wish I could say I'll do it for free, but it's a bit of a living for me... I can give you a big discount for your first time, though, and my rates aren't exactly exorbitant most of the time either way."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

"Yeah. Guess we just went around different areas or at different times? And don't be; she lived long and happy, and passed peacefully.

Oh? That'd be great. Gran was a rancher, but I don't really know much about Charaks 'sides what they teach ya in school. I more focused on building, ya see. I'd say I'm 'bout as good as Irathil with that. How much for the help?"
Sigtext!

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 08:17:29 pm »

Belze checks out her house, taking note of what's included, she deposits anything she doesn't need on her at the moment inside and heads towards the nearest forest to find something to catch. Ranching doesn't work if you don't have anything to raise.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 08:53:08 pm »

Chester nods in a simultaneously agreeable and solemn fashion.

"Well, it really depends on what you're looking for. I can help you find your first Charak, which isn't much, and I can help you catch it, too, if you'd like. That's a little extra. It's fifteen for tracking, twenty for catching. If you want to do it yourself I can tell you a bit about the local types, which actually doesn't cost anything.
I also sell medicine and foods for the different kinds at my house."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 09:27:14 pm »

"Hm. What *are* the local types? Any locations they frequent or something like that?" Nora asks. While yes, she might need the help, she needs to think about priorities: She *does* need at least some of that money to get started on making her own funds. None of those others looked really crafty. Maybe she could get them to pay her...
Sigtext!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »

Belze checks out her house, taking note of what's included, she deposits anything she doesn't need on her at the moment inside and heads towards the nearest forest to find something to catch. Ranching doesn't work if you don't have anything to raise.
She finds the same as Nora and heads out into the wilds. After a decent amount of searching in the woods, you find [6+3=9] a medium sized Charak, grazing on some tree roots. Using your knowledge, you can recognise the signs that lead to this being an omnivorous Charak, that is usually referred to as the 'Chameleon Charak', as it appears to be a giant chameleon. They are notoriously flighty, and you must exercise caution when approaching it. It seems to be busy grazing, however, so you may be able to get the jump on it if you act quickly. Of course, it would be better if you grabbed some roots, and then lassoed it, as then you could feed it afterwards, to pacify it.

Energy: 90

"It's open! Feel free to come in!" Nora shouts over her shoulder, beginning to arrange her furniture how she likes.

Any "blueprints" or equivalent on/in the workbench?
There are blueprints you brought along with you, being an adept builder yourself, which allow you to craft household amenities with appropriate resources. You also find some books on building, along with some blueprints for advanced tools, and basic structures. Although, you already have blueprints of the latter.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »

"Well, your best bet is the local forest. The most common types are the Chameleon (they're very nervous, so you'd want to try to feed it plant roots to get it to like you), the Bee (completely docile and they make honey you can sell for a great price, but the nests are a big use of time and space on your land), the Scorpion (they like to sting you if you act aggressive, so you need to let it know it's boss and it might stick around), and the..."

His tone does a complete 180 here, turning from cheery and factual to utterly disgusted.

".....Spider."

Chester doesn't speak further, or at all for several seconds, but his tone changes back again.

"Like I said, your best bet for one of these is the forest. They're practically every five feet."
Black lives matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5