Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]  (Read 28493 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [Trespassers Meets E.R.]
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 05:20:39 pm »

0.0 so many characters, how many spaces will there be?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 05:58:12 pm »

Spoiler: The End (click to show/hide)

Updated after first mission.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:50:14 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 06:30:46 pm »

Posting to watch. Can't decide on a character. Or rather, a setting they come from, since I am *not* doing a canon character. Maybe Bloodborne, maybe Persona. I dunno.

Spoiler: Woo character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:15:44 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »

@Kevak: I'd rather Corporeal Vacation require some time to be used rather than be immediate, as it would make some Missions far too easy. Accepted.

@Greatness: Looking over the list, Twilight's magical prowess encompasses, in addition to what you already said, Cloud Walking, Transfiguration, Obsession/Love Spells, Time Travel, Dark Magic, Immobilization, and Illusion. These are many powerful and various fields to have for a character that hasn't gone on a mission. I'd stick with the physic/teleportation spells for now, and you can choose what other fields you want to specialize later on when you have more Ability Points.

@Elf: I'm assuming Monsters are non-intelligent/sapient if they are tame-able? There are plenty of beings you could describe as "monstrous" (including some Cazadores) that are either as or more intelligent than a regular human. Also, I'd bump the bonuses for Aptitude down to +1 and +2 respectively, since it is a Level 1 Ability. As of now, there's no way to send excess tamed creatures to the ship unless you manually brought them back yourself. Even then, since La Estrada currently lacks proper containment for many creatures, it would most likely be killed. Accepted.

@Dustan Hache: Could I have an example of how Cybernetic Interface would work in action? Accepted.

@Elephant Parade: Need more info on Mega Microgame. Garlic Guard sounds more appropriate as Equipment than an Ability. Accepted.

@Fallacy: I'd like there to be a way for All Alone to be efficient, like once it is used, it automates a battle between The End and its target that will end immediately at the end of its turn with a determined victor. This is to prevent a situation where it is used and ends up being a 5 or 10 turn battle while everyone else has to stand around and do nothing if it's against their only target. Manifestation of The End is too flexible, making it OP. Accepted.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44:41 pm »

Sounds good. I'll keep the Telekinesis and Teleportation spells. I'm pretty sure Concussive Blasts don't count as Psychic, so I'll grab that at the next upgrade.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »

Couple turns to vacate work?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2016, 11:56:34 pm »

Couple turns to vacate work?

That would be preferable, yes.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 09:57:20 am »

@Fallacy: I'd like there to be a way for All Alone to be efficient, like once it is used, it automates a battle between The End and its target that will end immediately at the end of its turn with a determined victor. This is to prevent a situation where it is used and ends up being a 5 or 10 turn battle while everyone else has to stand around and do nothing if it's against their only target. Manifestation of The End is too flexible, making it OP. Accepted.

Hm. The automation of All Alone seems fine, provided I can place in some guidelines/contingencies/programs when used to dictate how The End will fight inside of it.
Manifestation of the End is pretty flexible, but... less than a cubic foot in mass. Either it makes small things, or it makes very flimsy large things.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 10:07:42 am »

Changed/specified Mega Microgame's effect.

After seeing some of the powers other people have, I reduced Bob-omb Blast's cooldown from 3 to 2. I was going to give it a +2 bonus, as well, but that would probably be way overkill.

Added equipment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 10:21:14 am »

@Dustan Hache: Could I have an example of how Cybernetic Interface would work in action?
There are two ways that it could be used: One is to scavenge an ability off of a robotic or cybernetic enemy (such as a automated turret, for instance) and use it roughly two to three times before discarding it due to physical limitations (aka ammunition)

The other is as an advanced hack, but I have not fully fleshed that out yet. Maybe after I level it up I will expand on it as a unlock.

For now, just treat it as the former of the two examples.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 10:39:03 am »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:57:18 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 11:53:18 am »

@Elephant Parade: I'll let Mega Microgame exist for now as a trial ability, just be aware that I might want it readjusted again in the future. I presumed the large cool-down on the Bomb-omb is due to it having a large blast radius and power threshold. Everything looks good now.
As for Motive, it's optional whether people want to put that in their backstories or not, supposing that some people might want their motives to be secret.

@vishdafish: In the spirit of E.R., Trespassers and Carnage Fiesta, as of now there is no player limit.

@Fallacy: My concern about The Manifestation is less in its size and more in its properties, as the way I read it could be any element or any substance at any time. If it's The End's strategy for mano-a-mano before the fight is automated.

@Sl4cker: Where specifically is the motherboard? And is the motherboard still the essential component of her being, even when she is in fire form? What is her default level of Firepower? Can you define what "Order" means for her? I also understand the mechanics behind 'i am the fire that protects', but being able to withstand, say, a Level 20 Spell with a Level 1 Defensive Maneuver seems a bit much, unless that last part is for flavor purposes.

IC Ship Thread will be up later. The first mission will not come for at least a couple days, in order to let everyone to finalize their characters and to get acquainted IC with the ship and each other.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2016, 12:23:00 pm »

Added a time delay to Corporeal Vacation. Roll bonuses from p much all abilities are rather situational due to how they are built so I'd imagine you'd select something reasonable.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2016, 12:33:20 pm »

Added a time delay to Corporeal Vacation. Roll bonuses from p much all abilities are rather situational due to how they are built so I'd imagine you'd select something reasonable.

Thank you, your character has been finalized and is now ready.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 12:41:58 pm »

I Just got a great idea for a backup character, and ironically enough they would synergize quite nicely with Kevak's current character. She feeds on emotions right? how would she like a giant brute that inspires terror in almost everyone around him just by simply being nearby?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20