Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]  (Read 28489 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [Trespassers Meets E.R.]
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2016, 11:00:26 pm »

@Failbird: So whenever a battle with Tanky starts, it just spawns in the Battlefield? And attacks from outside the Battlefield can not pierce it? What if something is so large it can't fit inside the battlefield?
I can see where your concern comes in, but I'm more concerned about the size of attacks that you're implying. However, if you really think it will be that much of an issue then I'll try to think of a different ability

I don't think it's an issue necessarily, just trying to clarify stuff. I like the flavor of everything. If an attack comes from beyond the barrier, do you think it could arc over it and into the battlefield?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2016, 11:00:55 pm »

Alright then. Would an object that summons someone permanently, but only goes one use and only summons one person work? Because I have an idea, and I don't know if it's allowed.

Potentially.

Cool. Just updated my sheet with said item. Would said item work, or does it need some tweaking?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2016, 11:02:43 pm »

I can see where your concern comes in, but I'm more concerned about the size of attacks that you're implying. However, if you really think it will be that much of an issue then I'll try to think of a different ability
I don't think it's an issue necessarily, just trying to clarify stuff. I like the flavor of everything. If an attack comes from beyond the barrier, do you think it could arc over it and into the battlefield?

Yes, that is the reason I specified the height of the battlefield

also, I'm sitting here looking at a video of most of the weapons form the game that Tanky comes from, and just ooking to see which ones I could make an ability out of without it being directly superior to something I already have.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:04:33 pm by Failbird105 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2016, 11:08:39 pm »

Alright then. Would an object that summons someone permanently, but only goes one use and only summons one person work? Because I have an idea, and I don't know if it's allowed.

Potentially.

Cool. Just updated my sheet with said item. Would said item work, or does it need some tweaking?

It works as a one time use item, so yes.

Yes, that is the reason I specified the height of the battlefield

also, I'm sitting here looking at a video of most of the weapons form the game that Tanky comes from, and just ooking to see which ones I could make an ability out of without it being directly superior to something I already have.

I'll accept it then, 9x9 is pretty small but if it's specifically for tanky than it's okay. It's more like a strategic barricade rather than an environment shift.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2016, 11:19:30 pm »

The On-Ship thread is live.

75% resist?

Sure, yeah. Did you also put that it's 50% resist to Magical and Elemental Damage? If that's the case, I'd bump it down to 30%, but you can raise that via leveling up abilities. Also, you get 2 Equipment to start out with.
I know, but I asked you about having two swords and the shield and you said it was okay. The Drake Sword isn't really an Ability equipment in that sense, because the ability uses the sword, that's not specifically the sword's ability.

I misunderstood you, sorry. I thought one of the swords would combine with the shield as a single item.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:32:56 pm by TCM »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2016, 11:40:39 pm »

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:35:47 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2016, 12:45:27 am »

Anna's original sheet, for additional backstory.  Is not 100% compatible with this one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:57:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2016, 01:30:52 am »

@crazyabe: I accept Chaos Call as long as the effect is not known until you actually attempt your next action. How long does Enchant last for? I'd prefer if Book of Odd Time was based more on in-game time mechanics, perhaps once or twice a mission it's available. Staff of Somegod should have a stun rate of 25%. Overall, a pretty balanced character. Accepted.

@TBF: So just to clarify, the essence organ is in her head, like the brain. I'd like to know specifically. I don't fully understand all of the Smartphones abilities, so bear with me if you try something and I require specification, or say that it doesn't work in the context of a specific universe. Somewhat confused about Perfume/Flamethrower, does it change when she refers to it as something, or whenever anyone refers to it?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2016, 01:41:38 am »

Yo. I have a couple of questions. Who controls Companions, exactly? Is it the person they're allied to, or not? Also, with my Communication Book (which I've used), do I do Sunset's dialogue, or is she an NPC that you control? Thanks.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2016, 01:56:51 am »

Most Companions are NPCs, and tend to follow their summoner's orders. In your case, you control Sunset as your own character, like an extension of Twilight.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2016, 02:08:30 am »

Spoiler: Mega (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:19:12 am by Powder Miner »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2016, 07:49:59 am »

Sorry about not being there for the RP. It was getting late and I needed to sleep.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2016, 10:23:48 am »

@TBF: So just to clarify, the essence organ is in her head, like the brain. I'd like to know specifically. I don't fully understand all of the Smartphones abilities, so bear with me if you try something and I require specification, or say that it doesn't work in the context of a specific universe. Somewhat confused about Perfume/Flamethrower, does it change when she refers to it as something, or whenever anyone refers to it?
Smartphone:MSPAWiki probably has explanations that would make better sense than mine.

Essence Organ:Something something dreamself something?  I'm not sure, but SBURB has a native resurrection mechanic and Anna God-tiered so she can only die under specific circumstances...Although I think god-tiering actually invokes the resurrection mechanic so...SBURB.  It's complicated™.

Perfume/Flamethrower:It changes when I specifically refer to it in my actions.  i.e. Anna can talk about her perfume, but my actions had better say flamethrower, and vice versa. 
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2016, 01:18:27 pm »

So just so that nobody gets confused, Tanky talks like Warpath from Transformers G1, except instead of onomatopoeia, tank actually makes the noise, like instead of saying BLAM, Tanky would just produce the sound of tanks cannon firing, albeit at the volume of tanks speech.

Also, when I said that Tankys gender was tank, I was being serious, Tanky, while not caring if you call tank by any other pronouns, personally refers to tankself with the pronouns of tank/tanks/tank

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2016, 02:32:05 pm »

@Fallacy: My concern about The Manifestation is less in its size and more in its properties, as the way I read it could be any element or any substance at any time. If it's The End's strategy for mano-a-mano before the fight is automated.
... oh. It's the same material as The End's scythe, does that work?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20