Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]  (Read 28500 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [Trespassers Meets E.R.]
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2016, 02:19:40 pm »

That would result in a larger input from crowds most definitely.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2016, 09:32:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 11:27:23 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:24:35 pm by Failbird105 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2016, 09:41:12 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2016, 10:01:59 pm »

@SB: As I mentioned before, I'd rather not have Abilities like Defend be able to totally nullify a certain kind of damage. Resist, yes, but not completely nullify. Same with Dodge, I'd rather it be a bonus to dodging rather than a having a 100% rate. Remember that these are Level 1 Starting abilities, and will have a long time to grow and develop. Am I correct in reading that the Slash Combo happens automatically after a Dodge, or does it just activate the next turn? Also, does the Drake Shield's effect happen every turn? That would be too strong. Accepted.

@Failbird: Unconventional, but I like it after reading it. Air Strike seems objectively better than Grenade, so why use Grenade? I'm assuming Armor means Tank Armor, right? I'm alright with Tanky having Tank armor as long as it also has Tank agility. Battlefield doesn't work, in a lot of cases the fight would be way too big to contain to that small area. EMP appears to be missing a proper radius description, and I'd like to have either some sort of cool-down or a limited amount of uses per Mission. Accepted.

Both of these characters can instantly appear in the On Ship thread when it is up. Like everyone else, I'd like their stuff to be adjusted before going on their first Mission.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

Not sure I'm done yet, to be honest. I'm still trying to figure out what I should replace my Spellbook with, if I should at all. Maybe a Royal Spear,  but Twi's not a Speary person. Perhaps something to call her friends in as Companions, or can Companions count as Equipment?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »

-No problem, I'll change them.
-It does happen the same turn, yeah.
-Would it work better if the effect activated only on turns when she isn't attacking (excluding Dodge)?
Black lives matter.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2016, 10:19:49 pm »

@Failbird: Unconventional, but I like it after reading it. Air Strike seems objectively better than Grenade, so why use Grenade? I'm assuming Armor means Tank Armor, right? I'm alright with Tanky having Tank armor as long as it also has Tank agility. Battlefield doesn't work, in a lot of cases the fight would be way too big to contain to that small area. EMP appears to be missing a proper radius description, and I'd like to have either some sort of cool-down or a limited amount of uses per Mission. Accepted.

The thing with air strike is that you can dodge the projectiles that it calls down, whereas grenade just explodes straight off when the timer ends and does damage to everything within range. Also I could have sworn that I added the radius for EMP, I'll definitely be fixing that. Also I guess I didn't make it clear, but battlefield only deflects attacks, it doesn't stop people from entering and exiting that range. Also damage, Grenade does around three times the damage of an individual air strike projectile, so if even one of them gets dodged then you took significantly less damage. I was contemplating having Tankys armor just be that rather than taking less damage from attacks, Tanky can simply take more damage before dying, and then having its movement be another upgradeable ability.

Now that I'm looking at it, I missed quite a few things on Tankys sheet, I guess that's why I shouldn't do this while tired

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2016, 10:36:28 pm »

@Greatness: Companions are not equipment, and they count in another category since gaining Companions is possible through certain means in this game, such as Elf's characters abilities or spending Tokens. I would be okay with a piece of equipment that could summon a companion, with some sort of limit imposed.

@SB: So the shield activates when she isn't attacking? I wouldn't want to be a nullify as I said, but it reduces physical damage by a certain percentage or gives the enemy a malus to physical attack rolls, that would be fine.

@Failbird: So whenever a battle with Tanky starts, it just spawns in the Battlefield? And attacks from outside the Battlefield can not pierce it? What if something is so large it can't fit inside the battlefield?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2016, 10:38:55 pm »

75% resist?
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2016, 10:41:21 pm »

75% resist?

Sure, yeah. Did you also put that it's 50% resist to Magical and Elemental Damage? If that's the case, I'd bump it down to 30%, but you can raise that via leveling up abilities. Also, you get 2 Equipment to start out with.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2016, 10:44:36 pm »

Alright then. Would an object that summons someone permanently, but only goes one use and only summons one person work? Because I have an idea, and I don't know if it's allowed.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:46 pm »

Alright then. Would an object that summons someone permanently, but only goes one use and only summons one person work? Because I have an idea, and I don't know if it's allowed.

Potentially.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 10:47:51 pm »

75% resist?

Sure, yeah. Did you also put that it's 50% resist to Magical and Elemental Damage? If that's the case, I'd bump it down to 30%, but you can raise that via leveling up abilities. Also, you get 2 Equipment to start out with.
I know, but I asked you about having two swords and the shield and you said it was okay. The Drake Sword isn't really an Ability equipment in that sense, because the ability uses the sword, that's not specifically the sword's ability.
Black lives matter.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2016, 10:58:03 pm »

@Failbird: So whenever a battle with Tanky starts, it just spawns in the Battlefield? And attacks from outside the Battlefield can not pierce it? What if something is so large it can't fit inside the battlefield?
I can see where your concern comes in, but I'm more concerned about the size of attacks that you're implying. However, if you really think it will be that much of an issue then I'll try to think of a different ability
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20