Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]  (Read 28465 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - Saviors of the Multiverse [OOC]
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2016, 04:14:51 am »

Going to sleep, if everybody heads down to the mission, just assume my guy tags along.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2016, 09:36:17 am »

Same for Zara, actually. Sorry for not keeping up very much, I've been somewhat losing interest, but maybe the mission will renew that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NovaValkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2016, 12:03:25 pm »

Is it too late to join the RP?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »

Not at all!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2016, 01:17:41 pm »

Is it too late to join the RP?

For the forseeable future new characters are always accepted. It will probably be too late for you to join the second mission, but you are welcome to join and explore the Ship and the U.S. in the meantime with however is not going on the mission.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NovaValkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2016, 04:20:22 pm »

Spoiler: Unarmoured Appearance (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armoured Appearance (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:08:03 pm by NovaValkyrie »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2016, 04:22:17 pm »

Well, shit. It seems I'll need to go buy some armor in this next world, as Charlotte is still mostly unarmored :P

NovaValkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2016, 06:35:34 pm »

Ok I think it's ready to go. No idea what I'm doing but it looks fun.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 18, 2016, 12:13:05 am »

Time fo' review.

@NovaValkyrie: 5'4, 210? DAMN THIS BOY FAT AS FU- I jest.
Marauders Corps Pilot is a bit strong. Generally, someone takes a +2 to either Ranged or Melee for a Level 1 Ability, or getting a +1 to both areas. Likewise, this applies to Psych/Physical damage, and the Aerobics/Dodging, all of which would be a separate ability. 
Recover and Resupply confuses me. It's +2 to fully heal, so what happens on the roll of a 1? Or a 3 or 4? A semi-full heal?
Charge Beam: What does "stays down" imply? Is it a stun? Or an insta-kill, which would be overpowered.
Active Cloaking states that it can be used to bolster allies. In what way?

To what extent does Pilot Armor protect him from Bullets/Explosives? Up to what caliber of weaponry?
I'd alter the Vortex Shield to be able to redirect all Physical Damage, in order to both balance it and due to context of the Titanfall universe where there isn't the need or knowledge to stop Magical Damage.
Where is the Titan stationed when it is not in use? What happens after it is destroyed? What happens if the Titan Beacon is destroyed?

I'd suggest looking at other people's sheets and adjusting your own sheet accordingly. It's not that I don't like it, I do and appreciate many aspects of it. The sheet you currently have resembles your character after three or fours missions rather than zero. Dial his abilities back and it should be good.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NovaValkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 18, 2016, 08:47:30 am »

I might have solved the issues you've pointed out. And I apologise for the wording on the profile, I'm horrible at proofreading my own posts.

Among the changes are the following:
- Replaced Charge beam with Omni-Directional Mobility/Fitness because as you said, OP and I had difficulty trying to pin down stats.
- Dabbled with Atlas Titan stats and added more details into its description in the Titan Beacon section (namely what you brought up about where's its stored/what happened when it dies/etc.). Because that will be his primary form of damage dealing until he levels up and gets a few more abilities.
- Modified the Active Cloak description to clarify that a bit more
- Recover and Resupply is Alex's healing/replenishment move, furthering his role as a sneaky support guy who can ruin the enemy's day for shits and giggles. But I have difficulty stating that up because of the whole 1d10 thing, I think I got it down but feel free to help correct it because this is actually my first RTD RP. I'm used to forum-based big-arsed paragraph by paragraph PTPs. 
- Pilot Armour is resilient, small arms wouldn't damage it but sustained attacks from anti-armour and anti-material weapons would be more effective. I doubt it can hold up to more exotic type of damage such as magical attacks though so that would also be a definite weakness.

So for now he's primarily a support character who can hold his own, but if he survives a number of missions he'll be a rather painful thorn in the enemy's side. Providing he survives of course.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:39:55 pm by NovaValkyrie »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 25, 2016, 02:53:56 am »

Spoiler: Rochelle (click to show/hide)
Also, is there a new link to the Discord?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:08:24 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2016, 01:35:35 am »

Sorry for double posting, but TCM, you have checked the OOC, right?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2016, 08:23:54 am »

Sorry for double posting, but TCM, you have checked the OOC, right?

I have, I just have one character to finalize before getting to yours.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2016, 05:58:57 pm »

@NovaValkyrie: My apologies for not properly responding to your character revision in light of getting these last couple turns up. At this point Alexander is accepted and welcome to appear on the ship whenever you're ready. If he needs any modification in the future I'll let you know.

@wipeout: I approve of this and likewise, you can put Rochelle on the ship whenever you want.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2016, 01:29:16 am »

Should Rochelle be added to the shipping list?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20