Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adding/Altering Attacks Via Syndromes  (Read 1685 times)

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding/Altering Attacks Via Syndromes
« on: August 10, 2016, 03:18:31 am »

Evening and/or morning and/or afternoon, Gents and Ladies of Bay12! I apologize in advance if something like this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find anything in particular confirming/denying its possibility, so I figured I'd ask the people who actually know these things directly. Anyways, my question is, well, is it possible to add or alter existing attacks through syndromes? I'm mainly asking because I'm dabbling around tweaking RAWs to my liking and wanted to see if I could make a Vampire Curse that was transferable through biting like the Werecurse-but, with the Werecurse, the bite attack is entirely part of the pre-generated alternate form's RAW, and not modified by the syndrome per-say. I was thinking of doing this by using the GO_TO_TAG token, like so-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not exactly a big change I know, but apparently GO_TO_TAG is primarily used for creature variants so I don't know how it'd work in an Interaction. Thoughts? And if it doesn't work like that, are there any other ways to do it that anyone can think of?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Adding/Altering Attacks Via Syndromes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 05:18:38 am »

nope

The stuff listed on this page is everything you can do with syndromes.

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 06:10:09 am »

Hrm. Then how are you supposed to make Vampires that can turn other people via bites? Blah, bit of a moot point anyhow. I can't seem to get a CAN_USE_INTERACTION thing working in order to apply these in Adventurer Mode to begin with(just keeps calling it Unknown Interaction no matter how much I try to change the creature entry or the interaction file, and using it does absolutely nothing), so it's not like I can quite test it anyhow.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 05:46:45 pm »

There are example interactions provided with the game, take a look at the werebeast one.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:32:13 pm »

Yeah, I know. Those are what I was basing my thingermajig off of. The werebeast one doesn't particularly help me make it transmissable though...I can create the interaction to actually cause someone to become infected but unless I can edit the base creature's attacks through the interaction I can't tie it to the bite attack. Werebeasts only work because there's a predefined creature the werebeast turns into that already has the bite interaction in its own RAWs. If you meant to reference those to jury-rig an creature to be able to use the interactions to test it out, well, I have been. No idea why it always shows up as 'Unknown Interaction', since I made a .txt file with them in it in the save's RAWs folder, I mostly jury-rigged existing code for the CAN_DO_INTERACTION part, even tried shuffling the interaction itself to already existent .txt files that the creature in question already has Interactions in. Nothin' doin'.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »

Did you actually write the interaction in an interaction_* file in the raw/objects folder?

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 09:56:14 pm »

Yep, that I did. I called it interaction_adventurer_secret.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:43 pm »

With [OBJECT:INTERACTION] at the top? Can you post the interaction and the can_do_interaction/ce_can_do_interaction parts?

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 10:16:11 pm »

I've tried a couple of different things, and I know the problem isn't not having OBJECT_INTERACTION at the top since I've put it into other Interaction .txt files to see if it just wasn't finding mine for some reason. But here's the one I ragequit'd at-

(of course, the Vampiric Bite doesn't really do much of anything yet, since I still don't know how to throw it into an attack)
And then here's the CAN_DO_INTERACTION-es...
Wanted to do the USAGE_HINT:ATTACK since this is for me to screw around but I don't want entire civilizations of dwarves or whatever spontaneously becoming vampiric necromancers, and apparently that stops the AI from using it if it only targets self. '>>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 01:45:06 am »

Where are those CAN_DO_INTERACTIONs?

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 01:47:30 am »

I put them right beneath three others that were already part of the creature. And those ones were working just fine.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 01:50:10 am »

Anything in the errorlog?

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 01:53:22 am »

Iiiiii do not know. Where does that show up?
I've done a little tinkering before but not something as complex as this, which...is probably saying something. ><

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 02:13:51 am »

Iiiiii do not know. Where does that show up?

errorlog.txt in the same folder as dwarffortress.exe.

Hiro Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2016, 02:25:26 am »

Mmk...Well, checking the errorlog, all it says is that the Necromancy and the Vampirism aren't recognized Interaction Tokens when finalizing the creature. Whiiiich I would think at least is the entire point of making them interactions, but...Regardless.
Pages: [1] 2