Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Accel World: Rebel Impulse [IC Thread]: Initiation  (Read 11441 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Accel World: Rebel Impulse [IC Thread]: Initiation
« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2016, 11:57:11 am »

Hiroaki looks around at the destruction his Sunstorm caused, and rubs the back of his head sheepishly.
"Ah. I suppose I shined a bit too brightly there, hehehe..."
He laughs nervously.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2016, 03:43:06 pm »

Steel Kestrel barely lifts his head up, glaring at Hiroaki in particular, trying and failing to pull himself to his feet, struggling against his teammates.
“You….stupid cheaters. Level 1 Avatars shouldn’t even have skills like that! ……fine then.”
He flicks a small device into his hand, beginning to chuckle. The device resembles a small pad with a lighting pad on one end and a small button on the other.
“I got this nice trinket off one of the bosses in the Unlimited Accelerated Field….let’s see how you like THIS! INFINITE LIGHT DESTRUCTION!”
Steel Kestrel attempts to press the button, but before he can, Carrot Bishop grabs his wrist, bending it to try to take the device out of his hand.
“W-what?! Let go of me!”
Carrot Bishop stays silent as they prevent the device from being used. Steel Kestrel growls and, with a burst of strength, slams his fist into Carrot Bishop’s face, pushing them back as they grunt with a distinctly feminine yelp of pain. As the orange Avatar falls back, Steel Kestrel points the device at the group, attempting to launch it, only for an incredibly fast chunk of metal to surge barely past Yuzuki’s head, slamming into Steel Kestrel’s stomach at high speed.

The metal Avatar collapses, a massive hole ripped into their abdomen with the ground behind him visible. Shortly after their collapse, they shatter into white shards, flying upward into the sky.

Ocean Duke puts up their fists to fight back, but another shot blasts into his armor, cracking it and pushing him back. Carrot Bishop, rubbing her head, shakes her head and motions to Ocean Duke to run.
”…..tch. We’ll get you for this. Next time!”
They run away, attempting to evade more of their mysterious assailant’s shots. Carrot Bishop stays back long enough to….flash the group a thumbs up. Finally, they speak, in what sounds like a little girl’s voice, small, shaky and fragile as if they were unused to speaking.
”…..g-good g-game. S-sorry about that…..”
With that, she continues running, disappearing with her remaining teammate.

As the group turns around to see their mysterious saviour, they see two things.

Firstly, a smoking, red metal railgun, another chunk of metal loaded already and glowing with energy.

Secondly, the slender, red, feminine Avatar the railgun is attached to, floating slightly over the ground. The Avatar is quite tall, towering even over Ruy and looking face to face with Midori, with three points on their head and a visor resembling a four-pointed star made from purple crystal. Two intricate coil-like devices are attached to the backs of their wrists, sparking with electricity. The red Avatar floats towards them slowly, as if waiting for people to react to them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2016, 04:02:02 pm »

"...Uh, thanks for that?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:08 pm »

"Ah. Hello. Who might you be?"
Hiroaki doesn't seem particularly worried.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2016, 04:44:58 pm »

<Hello.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »

Hiroki looks on somewhat nervously, half-raising a cannon more out of instinct than actual hostility.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2016, 05:00:42 pm »

For a moment, the Avatar stands there, speechless and without movement. After a while.....
"....a-are you guys okay?"
The voice is immediately familiar. It's Fuuka, the shy girl who was with Yukihira yesterday when they were downloading Brain Burst.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2016, 05:02:27 pm »

"U-uhm, yeah." The cannon droops.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2016, 05:05:11 pm »

For a moment, the Avatar stands there, speechless and without movement. After a while.....
"....a-are you guys okay?"
The voice is immediately familiar. It's Fuuka, the shy girl who was with Yukihira yesterday when they were downloading Brain Burst.
<Yeah...What happened to him?>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2016, 05:05:52 pm »

"Yeah.. Holy shit, those guys were assholes."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 05:20:09 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 23, 2016, 05:07:39 pm »

"I.....defeated him. Well, actually, I killed him, but d-don't worry, he's fine in real life! H-he's just not going to b-bothering you guys for a bit, while he figures out what to do..."
It's then that it's clear what Fuuka is in this game.

Above her head floats her name, <Crimson Lodestar>, with the level indicator beside it marked with an '8'.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2016, 05:11:32 pm »

<...Wow...>
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2016, 05:15:25 pm »

"D-did he get any of you? Are you all here?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »

"No, we're fine. Did you just start out too?"
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2016, 05:25:11 pm »

"I....uh....have been playing for a while."
Fuuka points to her level indicator, revealing herself as a level 8 player.
".....I've had to deal with Steel Kestrel a-and his Legion for a while. Our Legion and his h-have been fighting for territory for a while, y-you see. He has more goons in his Legion, and h-he usually recruits people forcing them to join him....o-or he'll keep beating them up. I-I was lucky I was at school early to study..."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27