Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Folstag University of Magic (OOC)  (Read 7979 times)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (OOC) (Looking for Players)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 03:06:57 pm »

Name: Christine Denare
Description: A human female of about 19 years. She has a slender build, and is a bit shorter than average, with medium-length, light brown hair. The daughter of a rich merchant, she is intelligent and has good manners, but is stubborn and has an adventurous streak that will more often than not overcome her sense of self-preservation.
Outfit: Default uniform, worn with pants
Bio: Christine was born the second daughter, and third child overall, of a rich merchant, and grew up in conditions that were, while not up to the standards of nobility, were comparatively luxurious . She was given a good education, but it was always obvious that she, like her older sister, would be married off to either another merchant or to a relative of some minor noble. While her older sister accepted this, Christina recoiled at the thought, and over the course of the next two years, managed to convince her father to let her be trained as a mage as an alternative.
Major: Fire
Minor:Water
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 08:38:32 pm »

So just as a note, I won't be starting this until the weekend due to a sudden workload. That said, after next week I'll be on vacation, so I'll take all seven players. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Folstag University of Magic (OOC)
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 08:54:10 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 09:33:38 pm »

So just as a note, I won't be starting this until the weekend due to a sudden workload. That said, after next week I'll be on vacation, so I'll take all seven players. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nah, it's cool. I can hardly blame you for putting your own life first, and in any case, starting a couple of days late really isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for the heads-up.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 06:50:27 pm »

Well, I'm back after the aforementioned hiatus. I guess I didn't say it'd be the following weekend and not last weeks. ;)

Just a head's up that this'll be starting soon, perhaps tomorrow or tuesday. I'm working on some art for this in the meantime.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:22:07 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 12:15:47 pm »

Hi, is it too late to join?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 01:24:20 pm »

How's general or most common views about connection between gods and magic?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:16:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 11:38:38 pm »

How's general or most common views about connection between gods and magic?

Glad you asked.

>Gods vary by region and culture. The only god worshiped universally is Humility, the Sky god, but the others are worshipped in places close to temples (on the map, if a place doesn't end in 'berg' it is most likely controlled by a local noble, who always has a chaplain appointed who is loyal to one of the Gods). Most commoners don't know any of the other Elementals, Nobles will know their names and elements:
Humility, god of the sky and thunder (Element: Air)
Purity, god of glass and gemstones (Element: Fire)
Mercy, god of the cycle of life and death (Element: Water)
Grace, god of music and speech (Element: Life)
Fortitude, god of animals and the forest (Element: Earth)
Patience, god of mountains, rivers, and deserts (Element: Time)
Bravery, god of uncertainty and forethought (Element: Shadow)

The actual details of what the gods are like, how they interact with the world, and their relation to magic are only really known to chaplains, monks and ascetic types. The common knowledge is that they first gave magic to mankind (referring to all the races of man, including demihumans), but now that mankind is capable of magic, direct communion with them isn't needed, per say.

The commoner doesn't particularly devote himself to religious matters, so long as the city chaplain does his job and holds memorials, offerings, and so on every week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sure, you can be the last one in. I'll close sign-ups after. I don't want this to go the way of my last school game. (read: too many players to keep track of >.<)

A Minor isn't necessary. There's no metamagic major, so you'd have to get in touch with a professor or resident magus.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:42:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:45 am »

I hope in this world necromancy is not necessarily viewed as evil practice, because being able to produce obedient and tireless servants seems lucrative business if you don't mind the smell, and some people might want to keep their parents around even after death. Or their children. Or partners.

As continuation of that and as son of a necromancer, I think my character would more or less know about this Kahigan business. Because what kind of parent wouldn't teach her children details of her profession?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 04:31:30 am »

Sorry Dividebyzero I'm gonna have to opt out of this game, not really sure what I'm gonna do with my guy and you could better spend time on everyone else's actions.  Feel free to kill me off or whatever, thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 11:03:06 am »

Sorry, I'm dropping out too. I think RP-heavy games just don't hold my interest these days.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2016, 11:21:10 am »

I'm just kind of confused at this point.  We might need a bit mire guidance than this.
Sigtext

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2016, 12:08:50 pm »

Why would you need guidance?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 03:49:00 pm »

Sorry Dividebyzero I'm gonna have to opt out of this game, not really sure what I'm gonna do with my guy and you could better spend time on everyone else's actions.  Feel free to kill me off or whatever, thanks.
Sorry, I'm dropping out too. I think RP-heavy games just don't hold my interest these days.

No worries, I suppose it was more RP-heavy than advertised.

I'm just kind of confused at this point.  We might need a bit mire guidance than this.

I kind of wanted to give our resident explorers (Wunderkatze, NRDL, HighEndNoob) some time to do their thing, and to finish introducing some of the professors, but if it seems everyone else is wrapped up then I could arrange for a timeskip to the next day just to kick things off.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5