Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Persona: Ruins, OOC - So Long, and Thanks For All the Posts  (Read 9486 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, OOC - (0/3), more spots later
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2016, 11:32:56 pm »

Because Personae are symbols, not direct counterparts.

I mean, Aoi isn't planning on selling her soul, Kanade isn't dead (which is like 50% of Lenore's entire point), and Ryo's Persona doesn't really have any tragedy, save for some bellend hitting him in the groin with an entire ship.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:04 pm »

Because Personae are symbols, not direct counterparts.

I mean, Aoi isn't planning on selling her soul, Kanade isn't dead (which is like 50% of Lenore's entire point), and Ryo's Persona doesn't really have any tragedy, save for some bellend hitting him in the groin with an entire ship.

Well C-dog is trapped under the ocean. That could be considered a problem.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:45 pm »

and yuji doesnt kill people
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2016, 01:37:54 am »

I'm not planning on assigning fixed personality bits to gameplay elements like the roles -- the system is already pretty rigid, so I don't want to put further restraints on characters like that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2016, 11:24:44 am »

fair, i'll change it

bam
Almighty weakness is not a thing by word of GM.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2016, 06:48:53 pm »

PTW also will submit a sheet at some point likely for the next wave of slot(s).
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2016, 05:14:16 pm »

first
Spoiler: Dude (click to show/hide)

finished my sheet

am now going to sleep
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2016, 05:45:01 pm »

Derm, remember how you were considering swapping Almighty for Ailment? Well, turns out Sexy Dance is an Ailment Skill that inflicts Charm, which is probably the closest thing this game has to blind worship out of fear.

Okay there's also Ghastly Wail (all foes suffering from Fear perish), but I figure that Cthulhu having moves like Jagger is a far more integral part of his design.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2016, 06:09:00 pm »

Derm, remember how you were considering swapping Almighty for Ailment? Well, turns out Sexy Dance is an Ailment Skill that inflicts Charm, which is probably the closest thing this game has to blind worship out of fear.

Okay there's also Ghastly Wail (all foes suffering from Fear perish), but I figure that Cthulhu having moves like Jagger is a far more integral part of his design.

Because Cthulhu sexy dancing is something that is completely necessary to imagine.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2016, 06:19:52 pm »

but I already switched
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, OOC - (3/3), more spots later
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »

The three starting characters will be the following:
Empiricist's Aoi Tachibana for a simply astounding (and kind of absurd) amount of work done on the character's personality, much of which was privately sent to me.
IamanElfCollaborator's Kanade Akiyama for also having quite a lot of detail in personality.
Sl4cker's Mijemeki Genmetsu for putting a good amount of thought into his character and for synergizing well with the other two characters.
The three characters (Random/Buff), (Healing/Fire), and (Physical/Electric), and with respective weaknesses of Bufu, Zio, and Agi provide a workable set of abilities for the first couple of dungeons, which was a factor in their being chosen. Characters with Almighty are going to have a better chance of getting in in later slots than now, seeing as they'll be much more useful later on, but I would suggest being very careful of overlapping Almighty.

If you didn't get in, don't panic -- the starting characters aren't even half of the full cast later on.

To those who did get in: The game will be starting sometime from Thursday to Saturday, and I recommend hashing out the relationships between your characters before I start.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »

PANIC!!!!!
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2016, 11:44:42 pm »

at the disco
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2016, 02:51:41 am »

how could this happen to me

ive made my mistakes

got nowhere to run

the night goes on
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: Ruins, OOC - Not a Robot
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 05:10:10 pm »

Powder, is this any better? Or should I just strip away all formatting completely?
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=Aoi Tachibana (Empiricist)]
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
Aoi Tachibana

[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b]
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Venus_symbol.svg/75px-Venus_symbol.svg.png[/img]

[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Description:[/u][/b]
Windswept hair. Shoulder length. It covers her left eye; both, the color of absinthe.
Faint. Lingering. The scent of Pomegranates. Shampoo perhaps?
A matching pair of headphones. They rest around her neck, embracing a simple black choker.
Her stance appears relaxed, but seemingly energetic, often swaying or tapping her feet.
She is rarely seen without her drawing pad and a few pencils and erasers.

Out of uniform, she normally wears a green blouse with a black waistcoat and skirt.

((Here, have a [url=http://safebooru.org//samples/1708/sample_a0e258309ea9884b4a8a3c9a1bd677eb98672abb.png?1787012]reference image[/url]. Everyone else seems to have one. Coloration and clothing aren't exactly accurate, but it's close enough and I'd rather not trawl indefinitely for the off-chance someone somewhere drew a fitting image.))

[b][u]Personality:[/u][/b]
Shy. Helpful. Timid. Self-sacrificing. Relaxed. Awkward.

[b][u]Backstory:[/u][/b]
They say to follow your passion, to do what you love, to choose happiness in lieu of wealthy. To this day, Minato Tachibana is glad she had not.

Born to a working class family, the then-named Minato Honda possessed an academic aptitude that lead her to receiving a rather prestigious education, one that often painfully showed what she lacked. Driven by the kind of hunger that could only be born of envy, and all the sacrifices of her parents, she became an actuarial, not particularly compelling perhaps, but it was a living, and quite a good one at that.

Soon enough, she crossed paths with Yuuki Tachibana, her future husband, a doctor whose trade had taken him here to Aibo.

It was to this couple that Aoi was born. For the earlier part of her childhood, it was her mother who cared for her, having comfortably quit her job amidst the windfall she made through some shrewd investments during the Lost Decade.

Soon enough however, their roles were reversed with her father’s early retirement to look after her and her brother. Their upbringing was perhaps odd, compelled to follow her parent’s paths in studious pursuits (both academics and certain other life skills) and yet offered no help in it at all such to ensure independence, Aoi’s social life suffered as a result, to the point that few if any would even remember her from those bygone days.

Still, she was far from lonely with her father’s playful antics and the petty quarrels with Hayato that one would reasonably expect between siblings. In addition, as part of that push to make her independent, Aoi was far freer than most people of her age, being permitted to use her judgement and generous allowance as she saw fit.

In 2009, Yuuki Tachibana was killed in a car crash. A freak accident they said. His old colleagues assured them that it wouldn’t have hurt, that unconsciousness, and death, would have been near-immediate. Cold comfort, they knew, but what more could they say?

It was unreal, surreal, and terrifyingly real at the same time. She saw the surgeons at her house, for they too had come to pay their respects, to comfort her mother, and yet, she did not cry. Instead, she calmly poured each and every one of them a glass, for he was their friend, and unlike her, they had to deliver the news.

As Aoi and Hayato cried well into that dark night, she quietly comforted them, all while coolly assessing their financial situation. After ascertaining the rather obvious financial implications (namely none, in between her salary, the fact that her now late husband already having stopped working, and several more bountiful investments during the global financial crisis), she tucked the pair into bed, and kissed them goodnight.

Aoi did not sleep, she could not sleep, and she would not sleep, for as she lay awake, too drained to sleep, she heard her mother finally begin to sob. A quiet, agonizing sob, a widow’s wail that continued well into the earliest glimpses of dawn.

It’s been four years now. Four years. The skies may cry, but they will not cry for four years, and most definitely not forever. Nowadays, Aoi’s head is filled with the kind of banal and ultimately inconsequential worries only any other teenager would have.

[b][u]Weapon Type:[/u][/b]
Gloves/Light Gauntlets

[b][u]Arcana:[/u][/b]
High Priestess
[sub][i]Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.[/i][/sub]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Faust]

[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
Faust
[sub][i]The Penitent[/i][/sub]

[b][u]Statistics:[/u][/b]
[tt]STR: 1
MAG: 3
END: 5
LUC: 6
AGI: 5[/tt]

[b][u]Roles:[/u][/b]
Buff/Debuff (Equal)
Random (Equal)
[sub][i]If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.[/i][/sub]

[b][u]Weakness:[/u][/b]
Ice
[sub][i]Hardness and strength are death's companions.[/i][/sub]

Total HP: 110
Total SP: 65
Moves:
Bufu (6 SP): Deal light Ice damage to one enemy. Magical.
Tarukaja (12 SP): Boost an ally's attack's by 1.5x the damage! Lasts three turns. Does not stack.
[/spoiler]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9