Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Black Lives Matter discussion thread  (Read 8470 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Black Lives Matter discussion thread
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 12:15:33 pm »

By who? If you subscribe to the power + prejudice definition... well, it's still possible to be racist and non-white, I guess, so what you're being told is wrong. Still, going by power + prejudice, white people are hardly ever the victims of racism, even if they aren't the only ones who commit it.

White man's burden.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 12:29:23 pm »

By who? If you subscribe to the power + prejudice definition... well, it's still possible to be racist and non-white, I guess, so what you're being told is wrong. Still, going by power + prejudice, white people are hardly ever the victims of racism, even if they aren't the only ones who commit it.
White man's burden.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Could you clarify?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »

All I can say about this is STUPID UNCULTURED AMERICANS! YES I WENT THERE!

~racism intensifies~ >:( >:( >:(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »

Posting in likely doomed thread cause interesting topic.
Nom nom nom

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 02:48:09 pm »

4.Generalisations are permitted as long as you can show statistics to back it up.

I find this hilarious. Since people tend to use statistics to justify their generalizations... incorrectly.

Isn't that right Canada and how you punish Children like CRAZY! (well at one point)

BLM or people claiming to be/support BLM have already decided to counter real or perceived unjust violence with violence of their own. They're advocating violence against police and juridical system. I dont see how they can win sympathies of the majority, change the society and win, all by just killing cops and violence in general

This isn't anything unusual with Justice Groups (Not related to SJW), though I typically like to attribute it to
a) They aren't all the same. So yeah crazy people can join into the loop
-Heck there is a whole Chapter in MLK's story (one of them) to a time he tried to set up demonstrations and walks... Only for it to fail (kind of) because a few members plundered, vandalized, and looted and thought it justified.
b) I like to attribute some of it to fatigue.

A good example are groups that advocate against *redacted*, have quite a few members who will fight against the accused having no rights or to be considered guilty until proven innocent.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 03:10:45 pm by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 02:51:20 pm »

this is a post
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 03:03:17 pm »

I will throw forward the argument that the Civil Rights Movement of MLK's time was only a peaceful success because there was Malcom X waiting in the wings with the non-non-violent option. Today is hardly different.

Post does not necessarily reflect the views of this network or poster. Any remaining right reserved.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 05:58:41 pm »

Personally I feel the original intent of reducing police abuses was definitely a good thing, and needed, but I feel the movement quickly devolved to the point where its basically just a hate group now.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »

Personally I feel the original intent of reducing police abuses was definitely a good thing, and needed, but I feel the movement quickly devolved to the point where its basically just a hate group now.

It is just the reactionary start

What would NORMALLY happen is we would have a Race Riot. This is FAR preferable.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 06:28:13 pm »

I rather dislike how it's called 'black lives matter' in the first place and not 'all lives matter'.

Because it's the black people whose lives are treated as not mattering in this specific instance.

Would it be exclusionary to say "we really need to do something about the opiate addiction problem in rural areas" instead of "we really need to do something about the opiate addiction problem in all areas"?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Brigands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 06:35:21 pm »

Meanwhile in Poland.

So who wants a race war now?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 06:44:15 pm »

Posting in a doomed thread.

Bluh, movement born out of identity politics dweebery who advocates violence against anyone who disagrees with them while hiding under the pretense of fighting for a decent idea to prevent the less informed and the more cowardly from voicing their disapproval against them, now where have I heard that before?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »

Black Lives Matter doesn't support violence, though.  Dallas was a case where some members went too far, and were officially denounced by the people in charge.  This is an official organization, you can't just call yourself a member (unlike the thing I think you're alluding to).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »

I rather dislike how it's called 'black lives matter' in the first place and not 'all lives matter'.

Because it's the black people whose lives are treated as not mattering in this specific instance.

Would it be exclusionary to say "we really need to do something about the opiate addiction problem in rural areas" instead of "we really need to do something about the opiate addiction problem in all areas"?
It's horribly discriminatory to say that people with cancer should have access to an oncologist. Everyone needs to see an oncologist now and then!

It's horribly discriminatory to say that victims of oppression need justice. Everyone needs justice all the time!

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2016, 07:03:38 pm »

I am offended by this whole thread, I have reported it to the superiour being who runs this forum. He happens to be white!
You punks are going down!

IAH, its sad that we think any lives matter, I could have died after this post (still will) and none of you would care, beyond my immediate relationships no one cares, sure you could express empathy but no one will care beyond that emotion.

Giving movements specific caste like titles allows interpretation to the members of lower intellect.
Black lives matter is a violent gang, like the KKK.
The Ghandi method still stands as THE only way to actually make a difference.

BLM is like a branch of MK Ultra. Scare X with a gun weilding Y, as Z profits from both.
How did it start? Easy the cops are brainwashed (very easy to do) and the rest falls into place itself.

DONT TAKE MY OPIATES AWAY THE COUNTRY IS A BORING SHIT HOLE.
You plough dirt for a rich city arseholes food! Then do it high! What is more fun?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5