Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: +Mod Updater+  (Read 4235 times)

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
  • It'd be nice if I'd stop getting distracted.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
Re: +Mod Updater+
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:24 am »

Oh I see, for whatever bizarre reason, the updater is removing one line of
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
from creature_standard_cthulhu.   This is such a weird issue, and makes no sense. x_x

Edit:  Frustration over.   Turns out the mod itself actually forgot to add in the line.  The updater is working as expected just fine it seems.  Guess it cannot be expected to fix actual mistakes like that.
I suppose I could write a code snip to fix those, but really every other file had it proper, so I think it's reasonable to keep as is and just fix minor things like that manually.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:43:58 am by Teirdalin »
Insert Witty Signature Here.

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 02:21:31 am »

Improved the generator some more, rebuilt the mod and re-merged it again. 

Now the cthulhu mod is crashing on entities without even giving an error.  Not sure if a good sign though really.
If anyone wants, could you assist me in figuring out what would cause the crash?

http://pastebin.com/D2wCw9yY

Is the cthulhu entity file after being tossed through the updater.  The entity portion was the first part I coded of it, so it probably is the weakest too so I may have missed some things perhaps.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:43:17 am by Teirdalin »

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 03:29:46 am »

Releasing the first build.  Feel free to test it;  it honestly is a bit of a mess though really.  Don't expect to get anything like masterwork working. (I tried, the errors.. The errors..!  Surprisingly did gen a world though just crashed on finalizing it, had to mix and match updated files, old files, and new files into a mixed up stew for it to get that far though)

My girlfriend felt really neglected during this project, so I'm going to take a few day break from the project, unless something really important comes up that needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:40:01 am by Teirdalin »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 10:17:01 am »

PTW. Since I play with a few changes to the raw files that are really simple but bothersome to repeat manually every time a new version is out.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 09:42:55 pm »

PTW. Since I play with a few changes to the raw files that are really simple but bothersome to repeat manually every time a new version is out.

Mind sharing exactly what version it is, and what you change?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 04:54:21 am »

I remove the no drink, no sleep, no eat from most creatures. Remove all elemental men and bronze colossus, fire creatures and magma crab. Also I change the life span and strength, memory... of dwarves, goblins, elves and other creatures and also remove the cave adaptation sindrome.
Basically is that. Ah and I make a custom world gen with almost no demons, few werecreatures and vampires and wider caverns.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 2 [3]