Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Circuit - [anime style pokemon battles] LIVE: NIDORINO VS GENGAR!!  (Read 935 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

You crowd into the vomitoria elbow to elbow with the spectators. You knew you should have gotten here sooner. As the darkness of the crevase brakes way you gaze upon the brilliant speckticle of a central arena, suspended in blackness seperated from all other sense of space. A battle is just finishing up. A Nidorino has won to the surprise of the crowd.

Upon fighting your way to a wide stanced crossed armed man in a suit, with a face hidden beyond a cool set of shades, you hold up your pokedex, your trainer profile glistens. He steps aside. You enter, the private area. You quickly come to a row of glass display cases, each with a pokeball resting upon red velvet and marble pillar, each with a different plack. "Wait". You turn to look back on the guard who has followed you in. "This is your first time, legal says I need to explain everything aloud first".

Yo CHAMP-in-the-making!

1) The goal of this game is to defeat 4 players and become the champion. If you lose to the same trainer twice you are defeated.

The power of ONE
2) You will only get one Pokemon.

3) If you think you are ready, choose one of the three Pokemon I have available for you now(first come, first serve). You may look up TM moves for that Pokemon and choose one to give it.

4) These Pokemon only know the moves they get by leveling up, not from their pre Evolutions or from breeding.

NOT you poke-incarnated
5) how they react to stress and unknown commands will have to do with their nature most strongly. These are rental Pokemon. Keep that in mind. They've been trained to take orders from any trainer but they do not initially have any extra rapport for you.

NOT 1-to-1 with games
6) most importantly about this game the moves your Pokemon can use are just the base of what they can do. They determine what elements they are good at controlling and what parts of their body they are good at using and in what kinds of ways. Beyond that you can actually even create your own moves and strategies based on other things too like their Pokedex entries and poke abilities and any sources from the video games. Use tactics like you think a trainer make in the anime!

Note: Type Effectiveness will play a smaller role, like the anime.

STM SPD ATK DEF SAT SDF
Spoiler: Banette (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magmortar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raichu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:36:23 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: The Circuit - anime style pokemon battles
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:24:52 pm »

PTW/Bump? I don't have time to play this, but it looks pretty cool.

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The Circuit - [anime style pokemon battles] LIVE: NIDORINO VS GENGAR!!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »

Welp, updated the rules a bit based on gameplay from a different forum. The mechanics tab is very loose and mostly there for me as a note section so reference it with care.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.