Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [SG] Draconic Dominion  (Read 6781 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Draconic Dominion
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2016, 11:35:03 am »

I think I'm going to go with Dark Elves + Diplomacy instead of High Elves + Diplomacy. Dark Elven culture seems better than High Elven culture.

+1 to Dark Elves + Diplomacy, unless Dark Elves + Diplomacy isn't going to win or tie the vote with my vote and High Elves+Diplomacy is tied with something else.

+1 this

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 11:35:51 am »

+1 to Dark or high Elves
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 12:20:35 pm »

I think I'm going to go with Dark Elves + Diplomacy instead of High Elves + Diplomacy. Dark Elven culture seems better than High Elven culture.

+1 to Dark Elves + Diplomacy, unless Dark Elves + Diplomacy isn't going to win or tie the vote with my vote and High Elves+Diplomacy is tied with something else.

+1 this
+1, instead of my idea.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 01:31:23 pm »

All-right. Seems like the choice has been narrowed down to either High, or Deep Elves. Since the only other two choices, currently have only one vote each, I'll lock in the elves as winning choice.
Since either one wouldn't drastically differ from the other, I can start to prepare the turn, while letting you finish the vote between them. Might not make it for today, but really should be up a day from now, at the latest.
Though really; Elves? Really now? That is a rather surprising choice, for this forum. Not that I mind, mind me.
Bellow some answers and similiar.

Do spells that are cast and/or brought into the core have a boosted power level or something?
No - but kinda yes. Imagine if you regenerate your mana 20% faster. This, in turn, would mean you get the chance to practice 20% more. So while any creature that "changes" its habitation to myrania enjoys the same effect, those that always lived there retain a clear advantage.
To cut it short, deep elves - or other myraneans - can school their mages a good deal quicker, which in turn also leads to more effective magic being cast by them.

I'll be entirely honest escaped lurker, if you could provide a spoiled section that has the content in not colors, that would be greatly appreciated. You have a fantastic aesthetic in this game, but reading fluorescent contrasts is a bit rough.
The honesty is very much appreciated (as is the compliment ;p) - I'll do something about the colours / make a choice-table then. If anybody still has a problem reading the stuff after that, please do say so, and I'll provide that spoiler. Be warned though, that I will likely just copy the text as-is, which will be rather bare-bones - main reason why I am reluctant to do so in the first place.

-snip-
Do I have something close to it?

What would you like us to do? :)
Hmm. How to put that. Your opinions that I snip'd, are right or seem feasible. Thats all I'm really going to comment on that, because I actually don't want you to do anything specific. The good thing about this forum, is the wealth of creativity, that gets poured into a suggestion game which isn't "railroaded". So, what I would like you to do? Surprise me, I guess? ;3

Just wandering what do you make the graphics with?
Good old "Gimp". The set-up for this, is actually quite simple - less really is more, I guess.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2016, 07:35:53 pm »

Could you put up a vote?

I vote for Dark Elves!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 07:39:58 pm »

I vote which ever is less likely to betray
No sig yet

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2016, 07:46:48 pm »

I vote which ever is less likely to betray
I suspect that High Elves might betray us if we start tampering with nature too much, so I'd go with Dark Elves.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2016, 07:50:15 pm »

Dark Elves ho.

I hope this don't end with us in bondage.. that would be a very awkward thing to talk about at a family's reunion.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2016, 07:51:24 pm »

Dark elves

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2016, 08:09:00 pm »

+1 High Elves.

So wait a minute, the dark elves are LESS likely to betray us? ??? Meanwhile High Elves like nature and we're all about the life magic.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2016, 08:13:35 pm »

+1 High Elves.

So wait a minute, the dark elves are LESS likely to betray us? ??? Meanwhile High Elves like nature and we're all about the life magic.
Make that +2 High elves
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2016, 08:28:57 pm »

+1 High Elves.

Make that +2 High elves
If you can +2 High Elves, then I -2 High Elves and +2 Dark Elves.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2016, 08:51:28 pm »

Dude he meant he voted..... don't mess with the vote. Make it easy for DM...

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

I think that was meant to be comedy for +1 dark elves?   ???

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

While fleshing out this post, I realized that I actually didn't have enough information to truly advance the story. So~ let's have an IC turn, before we - hopefully - can turn to the game proper. At least on that front, my plans are progressing smoothly, with the system in place, and several factions in the works.

Now then, while I have more confidence in the current colour scheme, this comes from the guy who went with neon-coloured text just the turn before. If it still needs work, do say so; I doubt you would be the only one suffering from it either.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6