Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary animals.  (Read 618 times)

Thingy Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Disemboweld
    • View Profile
Legendary animals.
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:50:00 pm »

There have been many threads about the legacy of the greatest dwarves to ever smite a goblin but what about their furry counterparts. Do they not also deserve great ballads in their honor, of their great deeds?

What spur me to make this thread was my favorite pet to date. A female grizzly bear. She was personally responsible for fending off my underdeveloped fortress from sure destruction of many goblin ambushes. So many a goblin did she kill she gained the name of "Bowwire".

Alas I lost this great titan of evisceration to a random goblin thief and a lucky shot.

Anyone else have any epic tales of our domestic champions?

bluescoots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary animals.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »

I hope somebody posts more stories about domesticated carp.

The most epic thing any of my animals ever did was keep dwarves from starving by being butchered. :\

GreyMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:46:00 pm »

t''s not illegal. The government just doesn''t want you doing it.

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 12:43:00 pm »

there was once a hippo that managed to kill all 25 of the dogs that one of my reclaim groups brought with them.......and like 10 dwarfs........it eventually took several axedwarfs and a very agile hammerdwarf to slay the beast.....before everyone else died in the chaos of trantrums from the dead....

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

I had a horse that killed a goblin once.

Well it did save my only dwarf from being killed by goblin guard, so I was pretty darn appreciative. He was the survivor of a failed goblin fortress assault, the minor/mechanic/support dude. The goblin snuck in just as he was finishing walling off the goblins upstairs and moating off a piece of real estate so that he would be safe from attack.

But the fort went on to do really well, until I got bored of it at least. I managed to kill off all the goblins in another of the forts by turning the first wave of 18 immigrants into a suicide squad. Three even walked out alive!