Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: Periapsis Academy OOC thread  (Read 26025 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Periapsis Academy OOC thread
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2016, 06:52:11 pm »

Ath makes a good point, though i can see why you would want/keep the time limit as well.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2016, 07:21:12 pm »

There does have to be a time limit for game reasons; that is, without a time limit, there's a significant reduction in pressure to figure out the mystery ASAP, and far less drama since everyone has adequate time to argue about facts. The problem being that this is a Trial for a murder, rather than politic where we can just recruit Maniac and Max to argue the same points over and over. :P

But I can extend it to a week; the four day thing comes from the fact that my schedule is on a 8 day week, so I only have 4 days I can seriously post. The other 3 days are going to be much slower, and likely, there won't be a big execution post until the next time I can take an hour or so to compose something up to standard. If you guys are fine with that, though, I can push it to 9 days.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

.....I still don't feel comfortable with a timelimit at all since I feel it just won't work out no matter how much you spin it I just don't feel comfortable with it and i feel it'd make the game worse the people post relatively fast who are player's but i feel it'd not work out and there would be no way for this to be winnable and if it's unwinnable then we'll...I....I would be very saddened.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 06, 2016, 07:36:38 pm »

GM told me Red speak and Yellow speak are too much eye pain
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 06, 2016, 07:37:25 pm »

Welll to be honest I probably wouldn't be sad I'd probably just feel better and angry about it if we failed due to a timelimit in the danganronpa games themselves there was a timelimit thingy but it was irrelevant and to be honest there was no reason for it to exist becuase it was a game and it was fast paced and I don't want it in this game I wouldn't feel sorrow or despair from loosing becuase we ran outta time I'd feel bitter and cheated and i really do love this game and i want it to be good which is why I don't like the timelimit becuase I feel it makes the game worse definitely and in reality the timelimit never made you tense I'm the games so I feel it shouldn't exist here what makes it tense is  The talking the arguing trying to find the culprit and at the end Hoping you picked right that and the diverse and good characters in this game is what made me enjoy this game so much I enjoy it's slower style and I'd enjoy and be much happier and much more satisfied if there was no timelimit I Don't want something like a timelimit to ruin the game like this especially when you do such a good job and made such a fun game to play with and for me to be Sasha.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2016, 07:40:27 pm »

For this trial in particular I have a GM Fiat stored so that you guys can't lose.

HOWEVER, I don't expect to have to use it. For one, the NPCs can afford to be a bit smarter than in DR1&2, since there are 5 PCs instead of 1, and thus they can connect dots on their own, which helps both the blackened and the PCs. For 2, with 5 PCs, plus NPCs that can play Logic Dive and Bullet Time Battle and all that, the Court may be more chaotic, but it also is meant to settle down quicker than in game.

Not saying that you can't lose, because you totally can, but it has to be because you convinced everyone of the wrong choice, rather than because nobody posted. Especially so long as Asmi, Miri, and Askia are there.

...Might need to get rid of a few of them...

GM told me Red speak and Yellow speak are too much eye pain
Ronald McDonald get out. :P

But yes, I'd prefer if you guys used your color only in the name at the top of the post, since it can get hard to read the text for people on the wrong forum skin.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 06, 2016, 07:43:01 pm »

.....i will accept that for now............but I am serious about this.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 06, 2016, 07:53:53 pm »

I know, but let's try this, and if it doesn't work properly we can extend the time limit even further.

The difficulty for me as a GM though is how to put pressure on you guys without breaking the game itself or breaking my players. :P Unfortunately, the time limit does add pressure, even in the games themselves. I actually found myself running low on time several times, though it was usually when a Truth Bullet connected Illogically to a weak point.

We can extend the time limit indefinitely (though the Poll doesn't seem to allow me to modify it...) to fit your schedule into mine. However, there must be some kind of time limit. If there isn't, I might get bored if you guys get stuck, and drop the game. That would be even more disappointing for everyone than a loss.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2016, 08:05:29 pm »

"NE IZVERGAYUT TAKIYE LOZH'!"
((Translation "DON'T SPEW SUCH LIE'S!"))
I think I'll use that for Sasha's your wrong quote.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2016, 08:44:04 pm »

Google seems to recognize it as Russian, but won't give me a translation.

But whatever you wanna say, say it. It's your character (as long as you don't watch the wrong TV show, of course :P)
Thou art I, I art Thou.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2016, 09:03:38 pm »

"これは、アップに追加されません!"

Now Yuki has one too, feel free to translate yourself.... but if google translate screws it up...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 06, 2016, 09:10:33 pm »

What, no SORE WA CHIGAU YO!?  :P

But everyone having their own phrase is either going to be awesome or get old really fast. I guess I'll let you guys decide if/when you want to drop them.

Soooooooo tempted to make everyone sprites, but then I'd never come back, because I would be dead.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2016, 09:18:51 pm »

Heh a Sasha sprite would be awesome but you don't have to.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »

white jeans and a black T-shirt with a stylized white star.She is carrying a coat that looks like it'd protect against the cold pretty well and is a snowy white.her bandages are startlingly obvious to see clearly covering all of her arms and some if not all of her neck.
Here's what Sasha normally wears it seems
What Sasha normally looks like that deathly plus complexion might be fading though

A Russian youth in her 16th year of life Sasha has platinum blond hair  and brown eyes possibly due to mixed heritage of some sort in her family ancestry.She is very notably always has bandages wrapped around all her limbs and neck.What is hidden under those bandages is a mishmash of old burns scarring form wounds and bruising from concussive or blunt trauma.She noticeably has a deathly pale almost blue complexion possibly from repeated frostbite.She is 6ft6 and weighs 125 pounds.
General face and hair style:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:29:54 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2016, 09:43:12 pm »

Soooooooo tempted to make everyone sprites, but then I'd never come back, because I would be dead.
The picture i used for Yuki is literally a sprite, I think she would be the easiest. So if you actually do make everyone's sprites do her's first.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48