Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 42173 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Blasphemy and Murder
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:16 pm »

Unless someone bothered to make specialty crow-sized equipment, nothing here is going to help Corvo. But I won't let that keep me from being ‼creative‼
...Not Corvo's suggestions, obviously. Even if it could speak, it wouldn't know anything. This is just my suggestion on how I think to equip a magical girl bird.

SO! Crow-sized and fitted Plated Mail.
Many small plates on the back, four larger ones on the breast, and mail on the sides under the wings. Armoring the legs is theoretically possible, but would have to be so thin that it's not worth it. No armor on the wings to keep flight possible, head is left unarmored for comfort and visibility.

A pair of small bags behind the wings, big enough to contain some small objects, like coins.
In this case, the bags could be filled with small bombs for dropping on heads.
Possibly enchanted blades on the feet, but not mission-critical.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 03:31:37 pm »

((Isn't a bird optimized for having as minimal a mass as possible so that it can actually fly? Something that being covered in metal would probably prohibit?

I mean, unless magic. Magic is always a solution.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2016, 03:40:58 pm »

((I'm not planning on fighting with the swords, they're more of a tool in case I need a sharp edge for something. Also, I'm kind of pushing the limits on what I'm getting, so telling me what I need to leave anything out.))

Get a gambeson that covers as much of my body as possible. Wear chainmail over the gambeson, also covering as much as possible. If I can, get the mail enchanted to improve protection against magic. Just in case I encounter any armored opponents, take a heavy war hammer.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:49 pm »

((If all you need is an edge, get a knife, not a sword. Cheaper and much less unwieldy as a tool.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 03:57:59 pm »

((Cheaper, yes, but I'm not the one paying for it. The unwieldiness is somewhat of an issue, but I doubt I'll be doing anything too delicate, and the weight/length of a sword might be useful.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 04:00:04 pm »

Full plate, preferably with a helmet that doesn't obstruct biting. Leave the vials at home. See if I can obtain a necromantic spellbook, preferably filled with some offensive magic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 04:03:12 pm »

((Humph. Reckless misuse of valuable resources! >:$))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2016, 11:46:42 am »

A note: A few of you want somethng called "protection from magic." this is impossible. it's like "a cure for the common cold." Sure you can be immune to a particular cold virus, but there are hundreds, maybe thousands or more different varieties. You can guard against particular strains though, just be specific.

besides, you will be facing priests. They do something far more dangerous than manipulate the fundamental forces of reality to shape, mold, destroy, and recreate the world according to their very unstable whims. They pray.

Korvash goes hunting through the supplies for scale armor and a halberd as well as a better long sword.Also look for some rope and a hook to tie onto it. Also grab a fire globe.

"I finally get to go on a raid, This is going to be fun."

After getting the armor on try to get the crow to ride on my shoulder using bits of food. Magical support could be useful in the temple.

(Hey Egan want a meatshield?)
You exchange your pike for a halberd, your short sword for a long sword, and your naked scales for scale mail. You get an actual grappling hook with fifty feet of rope. You attempt to loot the cart of it's globes, but are waved away by the stone man, and a ... not a dwarf, not a halfling, but a little person wielding  twin daggers.

Leather armor will do fine.

"Well, for one, something to use against their holy magic, if they have any; secondly, something that could help disarm potential traps, mundane or magical, around the artifact we are being sent to recover- I doubt they're leaving it up to the priests entirely to defend it.

Apart from that, does anyone have any other ideas as to what might be useful?"
leather it is. Comfortable enough, though it smells a little ... leathery.

I would like to find some lqeather armor. Also you being generous? Hmmm time to look for a bleeding short sword, or rather a short sword dripping blood. For the edginess factor of course. To trade in my normal short sword. If I can get this sword, I shall dub it Sin.
there is a short sword. it is sheathed in thorned vines, which scratch your leg when worn. the belt is barbed wire. The grip is lined with small thorns, and you will have to grasp firmly to draw it, at which time, the thorns will extend, fully piercing your hand. it will drip blood as long as it is drawn. You will be unable to do anything with that hand but wield the sword until you sheathe it, at which point, your hand will bleed and you will be come lightheaded and dizzy. the effects worsen over time, but are diminished by bloodshed.

Now, I gotta say, every sharp weapon, used properly on this mission, will be dripping in blood anyway, so the point mystifies me. actually, most of the blunt weapons, your armor, and probably your limbs and/ or corpses, will be dripping blood, so again ... Anyway, it's a neat sword, but like i said, you'll have to earn it.

Actually, how about a brigandine? That plus some leather to guard the old limbs should be enough (failing that, plain old chain mail with appropriate padding ought to do). Oh, and a metal helmet. No horns. And make that a tower shield, actually. Munchkin tower shield, but a tower shield nevertheless. Better be decently armored for this.

As for other stuff, how about blasting charges? Best to vary your explosives so it's not just the burny screamy kind but also the break walls and collapse passages kind. Maybe give those to the killer robot, though, since he's a kinda-sorta alchemist.

brigandine and leather works just fine. the helmet and shield too, but beware, the shield will be bulky, and the armor will weigh you down a bit as well. it won't reduce your combat effectiveness, but it will limit your options in any given situation.

Unless someone bothered to make specialty crow-sized equipment, nothing here is going to help Corvo. But I won't let that keep me from being ‼creative‼
...Not Corvo's suggestions, obviously. Even if it could speak, it wouldn't know anything. This is just my suggestion on how I think to equip a magical girl bird.

Many small plates on the back, four larger ones on the breast, and mail on the sides under the wings. Armoring the legs is theoretically possible, but would have to be so thin that it's not worth it. No armor on the wings to keep flight possible, head is left unarmored for comfort and visibility.

A pair of small bags behind the wings, big enough to contain some small objects, like coins.
In this case, the bags could be filled with small bombs for dropping on heads.
Possibly enchanted blades on the feet, but not mission-critical.
you could get metal tips for claws and beak, but the armor won't work. You can get yor feathers enchanted to do one of two or three things: to harden into spikes when threatened and activated, or to harden into a shell for a time. Both will require you to be grounded, perched, or otherwise secured, or risk falling, as flying will be impossible while so hardened. as will blinking. the enchantment will have a limited amount of use, for now. say, five activations, each of no more than five or ten minutes.

you can get one of those carrier pigeon pouches that ties around the leg (so you can access it) or one of those over the back thingums, which will require another to put things in or take them out.

((I'm not planning on fighting with the swords, they're more of a tool in case I need a sharp edge for something. Also, I'm kind of pushing the limits on what I'm getting, so telling me what I need to leave anything out.))

Get a gambeson that covers as much of my body as possible. Wear chainmail over the gambeson, also covering as much as possible. If I can, get the mail enchanted to improve protection against magic. Just in case I encounter any armored opponents, take a heavy war hammer.
Sure thing. A gambeson and chain mail. No spikes, no horns, no sonic resonators ... a big fluffy shirt, and some metal links. Heavy war hamer sounds good. You get all these things.

Full plate, preferably with a helmet that doesn't obstruct biting. Leave the vials at home. See if I can obtain a necromantic spellbook, preferably filled with some offensive magic.
You get the plate armor with helmet. You can bite with ease, though that means your face will be exposed. Hmm. You can have a book of necromatic rituals, sigils, and resources. Not a spellbook, per se - that's a whole other discipline - but directions for necromantic magics. You get a set of potions that will turn your deathblows and bites into a sort of charge system, where each death you deal directly will charge power for a magical blast of sorts. this blast can take a variety of forms, and might be risky around your living friends. it will also be weaker than normal, simply due to the nature of the enemy you are targetting. you get some skins of blood and some sacks of entrails and the like for some of the necro rituals, which could come in handy to counteract some of the sanctity of the place you are going. Your goal in general will be either direct slaughter, or corruption.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 12:20:29 pm »

I guess I will store away my pike and short sword taking the long sword and vine sword. get ready to move into the place and drink potion. See if I can manipulate emotions to make corvo feel happy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:27:07 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:45 pm »

Guys should I take this neat sword? I mean it has its downside, I'll become dizzy if I put it away
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 12:24:21 pm »

Guys should I take this neat sword? I mean it has its downside, I'll become dizzy if I put it away

"What does it even do, aside from constitute a public health hazard? Do you have any plagues you could transmit by blood?"

Ready the shield! Practice with it a little bit before we move into the fray.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 12:25:59 pm »

"No...just brings back memories."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 12:28:37 pm »

"I guess you could use it to mark a trail through a labyrinth or a forest? Especially for hungry wolves and minotaurs? But then I figure we'll be leaving a trail of blood and carnage no matter what, so what's the point of having it?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 12:32:22 pm »

Memories, fun.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:45 pm »

All righty then. One padded cloak with magic dampening effect and one clockwork staff.

Clunkers puts on the Deep purple cloak with bronze gears woven into it and and throws back the hood for now. No need to have that covering his head in here. Then he picks up the Clockwork staff, fiddling with the gears and knobs and opening and closing the irises at the top experimentally.

"Statement: This seems rather top-of-the line."

He then turns the gear that activates the gyroscope in the middle of the staff, allowing it to stand upright on its own.

"Amused statement: Neat."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32