Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 41979 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #420 on: October 06, 2016, 04:54:21 pm »

((School's just started back up for me, so I've been a bit distracted. Sorry!))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2016, 05:49:05 pm »

((School's just started back up for me, so I've been a bit distracted. Sorry!))
no probs. I'm in no hurry. It's fun watching you guys suffer like this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2016, 06:32:46 pm »

((I could have sworn I posted an action with that question.))

Look around, also have bees scout around my location. Where am I, what's around me and what happened to Fiddler and the statue?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2016, 12:13:06 pm »

where is everyone anyway? Did I finally put you guys in a situation so boring and frustrating that you got tired of it and left?

((Not so much frustrating as incredibly boring and monumentally difficult to give any shits about, really, I'll be perfectly honest. I think the complete lack of feedback might be at least part of it, to the point where I just kinda wanna throw my hands up and let whatever happen, since pretty much whatever has been happening anyway.

EDIT: er, not to be overly harsh or anything. Just really sick of all the speed bumps and time-wasting twists.))

Fiddler looks rather tired as he looks at the guards.

"Something I can help you with?"

Don't land yet. See if I can boat a ways upriver.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 02:26:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2016, 11:24:06 am »

((I could have sworn I posted an action with that question.))

Look around, also have bees scout around my location. Where am I, what's around me and what happened to Fiddler and the statue?
Fiddler's downstream with the statue, chatting with the guards, you are on the shore with Ebony and Solam, where you started. You sigh, turn around, and walk back through, telling those two to wait until Fiddler returns with the boat. You arrive on teh far side, and walk south to meet Fiddler with the boat.

where is everyone anyway? Did I finally put you guys in a situation so boring and frustrating that you got tired of it and left?

((Not so much frustrating as incredibly boring and monumentally difficult to give any shits about, really, I'll be perfectly honest. I think the complete lack of feedback might be at least part of it, to the point where I just kinda wanna throw my hands up and let whatever happen, since pretty much whatever has been happening anyway.

EDIT: er, not to be overly harsh or anything. Just really sick of all the speed bumps and time-wasting twists.))

Fiddler looks rather tired as he looks at the guards.

"Something I can help you with?"

Don't land yet. See if I can boat a ways upriver.
((Fair enough. Each was the result of a roll, but I could have auto'd a few of them, I think, upon reflection. I was pretty surprised that Solam has failed as many recovery rolls as he did, and I really expected at least one of you to be across the river by now. I've not been proactive enough in moving this along, I guess. As for feedback, I will try to be more clear and complete in my responses.))
"It's a mite bit dangerous out tonight. Some kinda fuss off in the Charna district. Some big gang turf war or something. We gotta keep everyone out of the district. What's your business out so late, tonight?"

"Just a spot of fishing. Got a trade with some ratmen a little later, you know? you'd be surprised what they can find along the shores here. Make a pretty penny off the flotsam and jetsam, properly shined up. Little repair on some things, but the resale value goes through the roof with just a little effort. here, you, give me a hand. I meant ot land on the other side of the bridge."
"Righto. pull him along, guys. And you. close up for the night. better to miss out on a night's trade than to get caught up in a turf war over there. I hear some pretty ugly magic was being used." "Will do, officer."

So you get towed up a couple dozen yards north of the bridge and left to clear off.

Each step of the way, the things that happened were based on the situation at hand, and the actions and such that you guys offered. I realize that we've been spinning our wheels for a bit, though, and that I've let it go too long and become irritating. So, I'm just whisking you all to the other side of the river now, with a hearty pat on the backs and a "the exit lies there!" and point. Fiddler brings the lightened boat back across the river with ease, and picks up Ebony and a bound Solam. Ebony and Fiddler row back across, and everyone gathers on the shore. I've been auto'ing Solam, as Zormod's last forum activity was the day he last posted here. Hope all is well with him.

Please, if you guys start feeling like you are twiddling your thumbs, or start not giving a shit, PM me, or just put it in your post telling me you are getting bored or frustrated, so I don't blindly waddle along like an overstuffed, semi-animated armchair out for a night stroll during rush hour. That's a bad analogy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 08, 2016, 04:34:43 pm »

"Time for the final stretch. Let's get this mess over with."

Move the idol straight to the place we were meant to take it to.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 08, 2016, 04:50:23 pm »

"Right."

Keep Solam moving.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2016, 03:50:17 pm »

Losing people left and right. golly, the fall is a fickle time. That's ... that's probably what it is.

Well, you guys all arrive at another run down warehouse and enter carefully, encountering no one. You decide to risk a light, and turn on an old fashioned oil lamp - the kind made of clay, with a bowl of oil and a spout where the wick lies and everything. Anyway it illuminates the room well enough, and you spot something odd on the wall at back of the room: Three glowing handprints, spaced oddly. In front of them, on the floor, is a faintly glowing circle, about a foot and a half wide.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 10, 2016, 04:18:04 pm »

((Hold up, I distinctly remember posting an action after Harry. Am I losing my mind or did my post get eaten somehow? Gah.))

"Statement: One would assume we have to put the statue sideways. The circle is about as wide as the statue is deep, and the handprints will most likely line up with each of the arms."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:43:35 pm by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:44 pm »

((Hold up, I distinctly remember posting an action after Harry. Am I losing my mind or did my post get eaten somehow? Gah.))

"Statement: One would assume we have to put the statue sideways. The circle is about as wide as the statue is deep, and the handprints will most likely line up with each of the arms."
You've been losing posts, apparently. Oh, and the arms are spaced around the statue, rather than all on one side. If you place the statue sidewasy, it looks like one hand will line up though.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 10, 2016, 05:27:34 pm »

"Statement: Well, that didn't work. Perhaps this one was wrong, or there is some way of holding it so all the arms line up.
Query: Hmm. What are your thoughts, Fiddler organic?
Annoyed statement: These exits should really come with a set of instructions."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 11, 2016, 02:52:40 am »

"I guess we line up the hands and stand in a circle, see if that works. If not, we'll puzzle out something else."

Get everyone to stand near the circle and keep their hands on the statue, then line up the statue's own arms with the handprints.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 11, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »

You can only line one handprint up at a time, but it turns out, it doesn't matter.

You guys place the statue sideways into the glowing circle. at first, the idol leans out from the wall, because one of the arms is too long and rubs the wall, but when the hand touches the glowing print, the arm slides through the wall, and the circle starts to rotate. This causes the idol and you all to rotate as well, around the statue. Each of the other hands touches the wall in turn, and one of those weird space distortiony things happens, since the first hand never leaves the wall while the other two come into contact.

Hot wind, bright light, and dry air welcome you back to the Omega Base. You blink away the sudden light, and when your vision clears, you discover that you are at the top of the cliff on the east side of the canyon - right near the new "monastery," in fact. A couple of figures are approaching from a distance, also on the plateau above the canyon.

it is here and now that the other (hopefully the last) shoe drops. Your first hints are Solam's muttering, which drones on into a chant, and a static aura around Clunkers. Your Omega brands begin to glow faintly, and you have an urge to join in with Solam's chant.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 11, 2016, 04:08:38 pm »

"Huh. Say, Clunkers, Ebony, mind helping me with something?" Fiddler nods toward Solam.

Push Solam off the cliff for now. I'm sure he won't mind, possessed by the devil as he is. Get Clunkers' and/or Ebony's help in this.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »

"...Right."
Help with the pushing.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32