Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 42044 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bad Omens
« Reply #255 on: August 27, 2016, 09:42:55 pm »

I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon tow post, so TwinWolf has a chance to post.

Harry, I don't recall if we had sticky bombs or fused things. I only recall thrown bombs. I.e. impact bombs. If someone links me a post, or finds a decent enough justification, you might get away with something else. But there are plenty of them, and you can put multiples in the windows along the fist/second floors, as I have already claimed that they are barred or some such on the lower floors.

Egan. You walk a dangerous path, taunting the GM. those revenants aren't necessarily on your side or under your control, you know.
But yes, I liked the poem, and I had just gotten through claiming that I reward creativity (in the original thread). Plus
when I've found a day to die
when I've got no haven
I'll call upon my kindred spirit
my good friend the raven
she'll alight upon my weary head
and pry from my rotting skull
a great and ancient cry
so wretched and so lovely
it'll wake up all the dead

((Well that isn't ominous at all))
Made me smile.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »

Help with the explosives. Magic seems like it's not going to help with the zealots and there could be more, so anything that could lower their numbers or make us not need to deal with them is appreciated, or otherwise make the mission easier. That and Fiddler seems pretty rational compared to some.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »

((It doesn't matter if what I did was good or not, it matters that it was powerful and something that I'm not quite supposed to be able to do. :P
After all, this mission has already given me an exciting idea for a new character. If Corvo lives through this mission and another one after, I'll just declare it "finished" and make a new one.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2016, 01:45:02 am »

I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon tow post, so TwinWolf has a chance to post.

Harry, I don't recall if we had sticky bombs or fused things. I only recall thrown bombs. I.e. impact bombs. If someone links me a post, or finds a decent enough justification, you might get away with something else. But there are plenty of them, and you can put multiples in the windows along the fist/second floors, as I have already claimed that they are barred or some such on the lower floors.

Egan. You walk a dangerous path, taunting the GM. those revenants aren't necessarily on your side or under your control, you know.
But yes, I liked the poem, and I had just gotten through claiming that I reward creativity (in the original thread). Plus
when I've found a day to die
when I've got no haven
I'll call upon my kindred spirit
my good friend the raven
she'll alight upon my weary head
and pry from my rotting skull
a great and ancient cry
so wretched and so lovely
it'll wake up all the dead

((Well that isn't ominous at all))
Made me smile.
((I helped ruin everything, yay?))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2016, 10:04:09 am »

Two table legs left, keep throwing them. Also keep the staff between me and the chanters, just in case. It can absorb more than one attack, right? If not, discharge it towards the chanters.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2016, 10:24:58 am »

Impact bombs are good too, just place them in the appropriate spots to create a chain reaction detonation (since I assume shockwaves work as well as simple impacts).

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2016, 11:23:34 am »

The chanters finish their chant, raise their hands above their heads, and bring them down, slamming them to the floor open palmed. Several things happen as a result. First, the whole building shakes. Korvash stumbles, and Ebony damn near falls off the building, dropping one of the explosives, which explodes on the ground below her, spreading flames in a small area. Fortunately, the stonework doesn't burn, and the bomb doesn't set off any of the others, since you had just started placing them. Unfortunately, she is unable to help place the explosives, since she has to focus on not falling to a fiery death. Everyone else manages to maintain their composure and footing without trouble.

Second, the foyer becomes a tornado. This affects everyone but Ebony, Fiddler, and Mongo.

((Both work for me))

Try to reach Mongo's side room to get out of the rising storm, using my shield to deflect anything sent at me.

Try to help him using my bag of medical supplies.

Korvash is trapped by the wind and cannot move. However, he successfully crawls behind his shield and huddles in a corner. Debris constantly bounces off the shield, and some gets by, causing minor scrapes and bruises, but as long as he stays tucked in there, he is doing okay.

Try not to die.
((Edit: Both of the maps look fine to me.))
(1) I'm sorry, but the potion takes it's toll on Mongo, and his heart speeds up beyond his body's ability to handle, and he dies of a heart attack.

((Hahaha! I can lure the GM into letting me do impossible things using bad poetry!))

Swallow a seed, and give those chanters a c̡̧͖̥͈̞͉͘͞͞à͟͏͇̞̝ͅͅw̶̷̧̖͙̦̗͚̱̘͖̩̻̣̘̹͔͢͝ͅ.
Once they're sufficiently distracted, claw their eyes out.
Corvo is worst affected, both being a bird, and having rolled a 1. Only a 5 on a constitution/speed roll will save him now. (4) Corvo Is slammed roughly against the walls, and crumples lifeless, to join the whirling debris, becoming one more hazard in a room full of pain. (I guess it was good that you were planning on ending this character before long anyway. Yuo can take back the title for "most characters played in Omega Legion" now, being tied with spaz currently.

Take a step toward the zealots and do some wide slashes at the waist.

((Both maps work.))
Remarkably, the tornado works in Solam's favor. He is completely unfazed by his sudeen change in orientation, and uses the momentum to wreak havok on the living zealots. Only one of the dead zealots, revived by Corvo, shares his success. the rest are smashed to redeath.

Two table legs left, keep throwing them. Also keep the staff between me and the chanters, just in case. It can absorb more than one attack, right? If not, discharge it towards the chanters.
Clunkers quickly alters the focus of his staff's absorbtion to handle wind and debris, creating a counterrotating whirlwind around himself, forming a second eye of calm in the storm. He hurls the third table leg into the wind, but even he can't compute the proper trajectory, and the leg comes back at him. Fortunately, it loses most of it's momentum before it hits, and merely dent's his torso. You still have two table legs on hand.

I recall we had explosives. As we ascend, can we get those planted in decorative elements in the walls? Including on the first floor? Don't skimp on the boom, we gotta make this good. Get Ebony to help with that.

((EDIT: Both are good for me.))

Help with the explosives. Magic seems like it's not going to help with the zealots and there could be more, so anything that could lower their numbers or make us not need to deal with them is appreciated, or otherwise make the mission easier. That and Fiddler seems pretty rational compared to some.
The building shakes under her, and Ebony is too busy trying not to die to help with the explosives this round.

Impact bombs are good too, just place them in the appropriate spots to create a chain reaction detonation (since I assume shockwaves work as well as simple impacts).
You get the bombs set in the windows across the back half of the side of the building you are on. looks good. You've used up about two thirds of the bombs for this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Reap the Whirlwind
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2016, 11:28:28 am »

Okay then! Climb down from the building and move the cart a slight distance away. Then see if I can't start the detonation with my sling and explosive bullets, or perhaps just lobbing an impact bomb like a shot put into the wall.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2016, 12:25:02 pm »

((A potion weak enough to leave a munchkin pretty much completely unharmed is powerful enough to stop the heart of a creature ~10 times as large as him? Can't say it makes sense to me, or that I won't bitch about it a little bit, but GM's word is law, I suppose.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2016, 12:29:43 pm »

((A potion weak enough to leave a munchkin pretty much completely unharmed is powerful enough to stop the heart of a creature ~10 times as large as him? Can't say it makes sense to me, or that I won't bitch about it a little bit, but GM's word is law, I suppose.))
I'll pm you about it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2016, 12:36:51 pm »

((Oh man, I'd have never drunk it if I knew I only had the super-strong one.

But hey, you know what they say about enlarged hearts. And it was made of authentic Fiddler extracts specifically, so Fiddler may need to put an allergy warning on himself in the future.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:13 pm »

((Yeah, I should've remembered that it was intended and calibrated specifically for Fiddler. Wouldn't have helped much, since Mongo wouldn't have known that or been able act upon it, but at least I would have OOC known to expect that something bad would happen.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2016, 04:15:32 pm »

((Aww. Ok, I'm a little sad, I could have made a good wind-demon to rec they faces, and I kinda wanted to be part of the right honorable guild after the mission. Ah well.
And that potion business is unfortunate, but hilarious.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2016, 07:00:32 pm »

Keep moving along the wall to Mongo's room using the shield to protect myself from the storm

((I really doubt I will be getting out of this alive)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2016, 08:59:05 pm »

(('Scuse me, Ozark For clarification, Ebony's regained her footing, right?))
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:43:16 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32