Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 42102 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Right Honorable Guild of Go F&$# Yourself
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2016, 08:59:56 am »

Clunkers looks at the carnage, and then at the pieces of Varion sticking to him.

"Disgusted statement: Even in death, the little blighter manages to annoy this one. This one will be picking pieces of bone from its joints for weeks, it bets."

He then goes over to Korvash.

"Concerned statement: Try not to scream, this will quite probably hurt. A lot."

"Commanding statement: Ebony, snap out of it. Go and check on Fiddler how he is doing."

Go and help Korvash. Keep his guts pushed in. Then commands the spider to patch up his wound, using calculations and checking my databanks for medical literature to guide the little robot to the correct course of action to ensure Korvash's survival.

IF nobody checks up on fiddler, do so myself after helping Korvash
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 01:55:42 pm by Pancaek »

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2016, 11:22:30 am »

If and only if it does not involve medical skill, play a slow, instrumental piece, to help Korvash calm down. This is intended to help reduce pain/struggling, and possibly reduce his bleeding as his heartbeat slows down.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:11:04 pm by AkumaKasai »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2016, 01:49:40 pm »

Is Varion's head still a thing that exists? Grab that, and the other guy's head. Stay away from everyone else and search through the ritual book to see if there's anything in there that could help either Fiddler or Korvash stay out of the afterlife.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »

"...I... I don't think I'd actually started casting. Something else... happened, before I could."

Let's try this again; Bind Wounds on Korvash or Fiddler, whichever is closer to death
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2016, 10:26:27 pm »

Hey Mongo I think I won the bet. Korvash's laughter quickly turns to pained coughing.

Yeah it really hurts to laugh
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2016, 07:57:07 am »

((Well, that was amusing! :D
It would be doubly amusing if you all died or got ko'd in that room, and I had to snatch the Idol on my own.))

[crowthinky: 4]
Hmm. Seems like blinking through this could break something, and that tends to be loud and alarming to humans. Perhaps it's best to wait until the squad of idiots are in place to distract them.
For now, just farlook around the inside from this perch.

You see a number of humans and other sapients inside, doing inscrutable things. the largest group is in the hall, all facing the icon, but with their faces to the floor. They are alive and awake. Maybe they are hunting worms or picking grains of wheat out of the ground or something. Other sapients are doing more routine things - things with the feel of long routine - caring for the nest, patrolling the nesting grounds, gathering food. You estimate about a hundred sapients altogether. You notice the head bird is on the highestlevel, as it shold be, and is sleeping in it's own nest, while several lesser birds move about in it's little nesting area.

Continue trying to patch myself up

Can someone please help me not die hell I'll take someone holding my guts in

(So much for a +2 in constitution if I die to the first real injury)
That +2 is keeping you alive, buddy. Varion got you real good. And people tend not to live through disembowelment for long.

NICE

Now don't die. Am I still conscious?

You are unconscious. Stay tuned for the exiting conclusion of "Am I alive?" (hint: you are)

Clunkers looks at the carnage, and then at the pieces of Varion sticking to him.

"Disgusted statement: Even in death, the little blighter manages to annoy this one. This one will be picking pieces of bone from its joints for weeks, it bets."

He then goes over to Korvash.

"Concerned statement: Try not to scream, this will quite probably hurt. A lot."

"Commanding statement: Ebony, snap out of it. Go and check on Fiddler how he is doing."

Go and help Korvash. Keep his guts pushed in. Then commands the spider to patch up his wound, using calculations and checking my databanks for medical literature to guide the little robot to the correct course of action to ensure Korvash's survival.

IF nobody checks up on fiddler, do so myself after helping Korvash

You go over and clinically begin to work. You push Koprvash onto his back, telling him to lay still, and gather up the spilled bits. The robot begins poking them back inside him, holding the edges of the wound so as to prevent everything from squirming back out. It is slow work, as organics seem to be under a lot of pressure, and you have to stitch up the holes in the intestines before closing the belly wound, and clean out teh gross stuffthat got out. and do something about the blood. But you make progress, even administering a sedative that helps dull the pain.

If and only if it does not involve medical skill, play a slow, instrumental piece, to help Korvash calm down. This is intended to help reduce pain/struggling, and possibly reduce his bleeding as his heartbeat slows down.
You play a soothing melody, and it seems to aid everyone in the room, allowing them to focus without fear. Korvash's movements slow and become more controlled, though he is still in obvious pain.

Is Varion's head still a thing that exists? Grab that, and the other guy's head. Stay away from everyone else and search through the ritual book to see if there's anything in there that could help either Fiddler or Korvash stay out of the afterlife.
You walk around the back of the little surgery being done and look around. You see about half of Varion's head off to a side a bit, one eyeball still partially lodged in a socket. The top and front are intact, but the lower back is gone, along with some of the best parts of the brain. There's still a bit in there though. You shrug and stuffit into a loot bag, and walk back around to the other loose head. You pick it up, and it drips black goo. curious, you flip it upside down and look. that's not blood. Least, not like any blood you are familiar with. And then the head begins to laugh. Startled, you fumble the head and do a little juggling to keep hold, ending up wit hyour thumb in its mouth.  You turn the head face up toward you, and it looks right at you.

"Oh, well done. Well done indeed. How many have fallen for that, do you think? Why, we've lost whole teams to that stupid trick. I'm a little surprised at your methods, but the result is all that matters. BUt this room is now compromised. Your return point is changed. View the map, and learn it well. Memorize it quickly, and then get out!" And with that, the head dissolves completely into black goo and drips through your fingers onto the floor. You look up, and see that the body is doing the same. A view of the city forms in the goo wit hyour location marked in red, and the target, a few blocks over, also marked in yellow. A third point, half a mile distant, blinks in green. A pattern on the edges of the map begins to spark and smoke just a little bit.

"...I... I don't think I'd actually started casting. Something else... happened, before I could."

Let's try this again; Bind Wounds on Korvash or Fiddler, whichever is closer to death
With Clunkers working on Korvash, who is awake, yu dash over to Fiddler, and roll him on his back. His nose is broken and bloody, but his eyes are moving behind his eyelids, and he is breathiung through his mouth. You turn his head to keep him from choking on his own bood and turn back to Korvash. (1)The sight makes you dizzy, and the spell fizzles three words in. "Focus! Focus!  I can do this!" You try again, (1) but as you open your mouth to speak, the smell hits you hard, and your eyes roll up in your head and you fall over next to Fiddler.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2016, 08:02:23 am »

((I have been having the *worst* luck this mission))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2016, 08:22:05 am »

((I have been having the *worst* luck this mission))
(I've been nearly killed on the first turn, you have nothing to complain about)

Stay still and focus on staying calm to avoid messing anything up

(I really didnt expect a mad mage to stab me near death through armor. What were the rolls?)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2016, 08:43:00 am »

"Statement: The subject seems to have calmed down, Doctor Legs. We can save him, we have the technology!"

Continue working on Korvash with my mechanical spider, henceforth called "Doctor Legs, M.D."

"Annoyed statement: Ebony, this is no time to take a nap. Wake up and check Fiddler's vitals. Maybe just lightly slap him on the cheek if magic isn't really going well for you right now."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2016, 08:50:02 am »

Play a rousing tune to gently wake Ebony and Fiddler from their slumber. Something a little bit like this.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2016, 09:10:25 am »

"Statement: The subject seems to have calmed down, Doctor Legs. We can save him, we have the technology!"

Continue working on Korvash with my mechanical spider, henceforth called "Doctor Legs, M.D."

"Annoyed statement: Ebony, this is no time to take a nap. Wake up and check Fiddler's vitals. Maybe just lightly slap him on the cheek if magic isn't really going well for you right now."
I appreciate the bedside matter doc even if it hurts to laugh.
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2016, 09:29:37 am »

Play a rousing tune to gently wake Ebony and Fiddler from their slumber. Something a little bit like this.
This made me laugh so hard, you don't even need a roll (or a complete turn)

Both Ebony and Fiddler sit bolt upright, eyes wide, screaming in terror, both wetting themselves in the process.

(I really didnt expect a mad mage to stab me near death through armor. What were the rolls?)
((6 and 2 for the stab and avoid, 4 and 3 for the magic and resist. Being stabbed in the gut kinda overrides feeling bad about a memory, so the second set was irrrelevant.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2016, 10:06:15 am »

Fiddler screams for a little while longer, then turns to look around. He calms down soon enough, then is silent for a moment.

"Hahahahah!" he starts to laugh. "Hohohahah! What a trip!"

Get up and get ready to move out if I am able.

"What did I miss? How long was I out?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2016, 10:20:58 am »

"What did I miss? How long was I out?"
Still holding in Korvash's guts as the spider does his work, Clunkers replies in his usual monotone. Not because he's bored, but because he's physically incapable of intonation, mind you.

"Explanatory statement: You were out for several minutes. Assuming you saw Varion explode all that you missed was the first part of Korvash's surgery, Ebony passing out and the head of the gnarled man coming back to life for a bit. Turns out the gnarled man was a test, and the dumbass failed.

Query: How do you feel? Will you require medical help? This one hopes not, because Doctor Legs M.D. isn't actually a doctor. He's made to repair mechanical things. "

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2016, 11:08:57 am »

"Eh. Nosebleeds and probably kidney damage. I probably shouldn't drink any more of that for the time being. Does that potion have a kick or what! Gives me many ideas! Many ideas indeed!"

"By the way, third mission in a row with casualties within half an hour! And second in a row with casualties within the first five minutes. Not bad, not bad at all."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32