Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70101 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #495 on: October 10, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »

welp, nothing to do but keep observing and wait.
^^^
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 10, 2016, 09:09:34 pm »

Gather some stones and try and wait till everone is in position, tell them to stay in trees a good distance to either side of me and where it is
"All right guys, when I throw the rocks I'll fall back and do my best to keep it distracted, you know what to do."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 10, 2016, 09:12:15 pm »

she will look for dar which is in durnvake she will look for instructions to there then go there
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:31:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »

Hmm.  Which leaves out food for the cats--the crone, or the men?  If both, Dar will visit the crone, or if just the men, he'll visit them.

He'll have some of the food, then sit directly in the view of one of the non-sneezy people and simply say:
"This one is thankful for food.  It is sadly rare for Cat to meet kind twolegs."

Assuming their response isn't one of fear or aggression or something else negative, Dar'yajira will get right to the point: "Dar'yajira is searching for its Master.  Its Master was captured by cruel twolegs, and seperated from this one--Cat knows little, but one twoleg did speak of a 'Durnvale' during attack.  Has it seen Druid within this Durnvale?  As prisoner, or not?  Dar'yajira would be greatly thankful and indebted if Twoleg could assist it in this search."

((ATH, I think the last Omega Noir saw was Dessmo, who I believe is also in the town.  Dar did mention he'd be going to the Durnvale nearby, though I don't believe he actually said where that is.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 11, 2016, 03:59:43 pm »

Just waiting for our intrepid warriors to post regarding that big metal box.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

you know what to do.

((Ahhahaha. Sure.))

Terrance attempts to read the tin can's emotional state using its empathy. If successful, it will attempt to use its sensory magic to block the signals between the robot's antennae and whatever brain-equivalent it may have.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 11, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »

Just waiting for our intrepid warriors to post regarding that big metal box.
Plans same as before, throw rocks, parry blows and keep obsticles between me and it, carry it past the rest of the group to give them a chance to ambush it. I am going to focus on damaging its lags and flame thing if possible
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2016, 01:45:06 pm »

"Maybe I can try ta just drown it again?"
Whisper. Okay, climb in a tree (if I don't succeed hide somewhere else) when Jack throws rocks at machine I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2016, 02:11:21 pm »

Jack nods.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2016, 08:39:47 pm »

welp, nothing to do but keep observing and wait.
^^^
This turn, the baron heads out. His retinue comes with him, though some of the staff are left behind to tend the gear and such. the other nobles are slower to leave, again with the exception of the fanged lady. She accompanies the Baron, with a single retainer along. The retainer is armed. He's been there the whole time, so, while this is the first I have mentioned him, he is not news to your characters. Bodyguard/advisor maybe. Anyway, the camp sort of slowly dissolves over the morning, but your focus, being on the baron, travels southward at a horse' walking speed. The fanged woman livens up a bit when they are on the road, and asks the Baron a few questions as they ride. some of it seems like idle conversation, some is about his past and family, some is about the plants, animals, and other points of interest in the region - she seems particularly curious about Sprites and Pixies - and some is about his ideology and plans regarding the mechanical menace. On this last topic, he answers rather rotely at first, but seems to warm up to the subject due to her apparent genuine interest and non-combative style of conversation. Her rather peaceful, open questioning strikes you as curious, since she is definitely someone familiar with combat and bloodshed.

Finally, you notice several attendants moving north during the day as well - either heading to the camp, or to rendevous with the baron on his journey south. the ones meeting with him join up shortly after they get back on the road after lunch, which causes a lull in the conversation, and the fanged woman seems to withdraw into herself again.

she will look for dar which is in durnvake she will look for instructions to there then go there
No one knows that Dar has gone to Durnvale. You ask Dessmo, and he directs you to the Mechanist's camp. He also mentions that he is expecting the baron to return today, and invites you to try to be charming on the Baron again. He is a little half hearted about the invitation though.

Hmm.  Which leaves out food for the cats--the crone, or the men?  If both, Dar will visit the crone, or if just the men, he'll visit them.

He'll have some of the food, then sit directly in the view of one of the non-sneezy people and simply say:
"This one is thankful for food.  It is sadly rare for Cat to meet kind twolegs."

Assuming their response isn't one of fear or aggression or something else negative, Dar'yajira will get right to the point: "Dar'yajira is searching for its Master.  Its Master was captured by cruel twolegs, and seperated from this one--Cat knows little, but one twoleg did speak of a 'Durnvale' during attack.  Has it seen Druid within this Durnvale?  As prisoner, or not?  Dar'yajira would be greatly thankful and indebted if Twoleg could assist it in this search."

((ATH, I think the last Omega Noir saw was Dessmo, who I believe is also in the town.  Dar did mention he'd be going to the Durnvale nearby, though I don't believe he actually said where that is.))
The men are the ones who leave out food. Actually, the woman leaves out food for the more exotic local wild things, generally. The men do to, to a much lesser extent - more a peace offering and a sort of open welcome than a conscious effort to tend to them.

the men are a tad surprised t ohear you talk, but they recover quite quickly. One squats down to be closer to eye level, and the other sits on a stool not far away. The squatter speaks: "I am sorry, young master, that you have found so many Two Legs to be so unkind. It is not surprising, though perhaps, overall, Two Legs are no more unkind than most others. (the other guy shifts slightly at this, but remains quiet) You say your master has been captured and taken? Has he not, then, been taken to Omega like yourself?" Upon receiving Dar's assertion that he has not, the man continues: "Well, this is a pretty quiet little village, and no one has brought anyone, bound or otherwise, here. We aren't bandits or warriors here. hmm. I suppose we can at least attempt to direct you, at least in some small way. Come, young master, we will make an offering to La' Set. Perhaps the god of the watch can be of assistance. but, w will need any information you can provide - more about your master first, and perhaps these cruel two legs. And anything else you can offer that might be related."

Gather some stones and try and wait till everone is in position, tell them to stay in trees a good distance to either side of me and where it is
"All right guys, when I throw the rocks I'll fall back and do my best to keep it distracted, you know what to do."
You gather some stones, up to a couple two handed rocks.

you know what to do.

((Ahhahaha. Sure.))

Terrance attempts to read the tin can's emotional state using its empathy. If successful, it will attempt to use its sensory magic to block the signals between the robot's antennae and whatever brain-equivalent it may have.

You probe the machine's inner thoughts and discover only that it has none that your empathy can detect.

"Maybe I can try ta just drown it again?"
Whisper. Okay, climb in a tree (if I don't succeed hide somewhere else) when Jack throws rocks at machine I'll try to flood it's systems again using spontaneous drownage.
you find a nice tree, with a forked trunk and some handy, thick limbs to hoist yourself up on. You get high enough to be out of reach of the thing's appendages. You are ready to go.

What are you guys directing the army guys to do, meanwhile?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

I am going to tell them to gather up to either side of me nd the group in a line going back away from the robot with the task to attack its legs at the joints first and then its sensors and weaponry afterwards as soon assuper soaker is done with his water attack. They are to wait.
Once they start attacking it and it seems like it has been drawn in torwards us and we are fighting it in melee I am going to help.

Drawing it back by throwing stones at it, aiming for any glass or exposed machinery, otherwise the flamer

With stones or sword I shall focus on the flame thingy
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:42:44 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2016, 09:07:54 pm »

I'll trust the Eye to continue to monitor the Baron while I fly ahead to the camp and the clothes drop point, getting a basic overview of their destination, making sure I'll have no trouble finding the clothes, and getting a look at them and what social settings and practical uses they'll be good for... and how I'll have to shift to make them fit right. I then give Alaran a heads-up that I plan on contacting the Baron, and that I'll have my commstone on me when I do. My intended tack is to simply tell him the truth - that the machinists had been unaware of the problem until we had contacted them, and that they are immediately attempting to discover the source and extent of the damage, with the investigation ongoing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2016, 11:29:54 pm »

Actually, Dar'yajira did mention to Noir that he would be going to Durnvale (see spoiler below), though he didn't actually say the name, much less its location.  Regardless, both Noir and Dar have commstones, so she could just ask him where he is.  He would quite happily give her directions.

Spoiler:  Below (click to show/hide)

Anyway, as far as Dar's action, he'll happily describe his master and the assailants, though his perception of what identifies a human is likely significantly different from what a human's perception is.

...And yes, I'm working on that PM.  Occasionally.  I'm terrible about procrastination, okay? >.>

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2016, 10:37:42 am »

noir is quiet looking at Dessmo and nods
"Just show me where I need to go and I'll go and have a talk with him."
Say the above and follow him if he is leading me to where I can meet baron.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 13, 2016, 10:38:55 am »

I'll trust the Eye to continue to monitor the Baron while I fly ahead to the camp and the clothes drop point, getting a basic overview of their destination, making sure I'll have no trouble finding the clothes, and getting a look at them and what social settings and practical uses they'll be good for... and how I'll have to shift to make them fit right. I then give Alaran a heads-up that I plan on contacting the Baron, and that I'll have my commstone on me when I do. My intended tack is to simply tell him the truth - that the machinists had been unaware of the problem until we had contacted them, and that they are immediately attempting to discover the source and extent of the damage, with the investigation ongoing.
The Eye surveils as per here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44