Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70011 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2016, 08:34:31 pm »

((Head off with my cat buddy means that noir was following dar though.))
Catch up with dar if I'm not with them also report in.
"...I didn't well really get to do anything besides wait for dar and sing but that was kinda fun... but yeah I don't really have anything really useful I guess.."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:44:15 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2016, 08:57:49 pm »

The Eye is behind Dar, probably.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2016, 10:49:54 pm »

Yeah, Dar was riding on Noir's shoulders and would've hopped off only when they reached their destination.  Anyway, Dar'll ask what to do next, and if there's nothing in particular to do, he'll request to travel to the nearest Durnvale.

((I'm specifically trying not to metagame because I'm bad about that, but Dar'yajira's account was stilted due to his own stilted perceptions of things, and the Eye would know this.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 27, 2016, 08:34:49 am »

Help carry the robit back to the meeting place, or where ever the group split off
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 27, 2016, 08:41:25 am »

The Eye delivers its report.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 27, 2016, 04:07:56 pm »

Help carry the robit back to the meeting place, or where ever the group split off

Retrieve my stone from the body, and then assist in this action.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 27, 2016, 04:42:18 pm »

action edited
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2016, 12:45:02 am »

I'll also help with hauling the robot, however if it's clearly hopeless and not working. I'll suggest cutting it up and taking important looking bits. We then should leave it behind but first I take mental notes where it lays and maybe even leave a trail behind so we could find it again but only if the hauling isn't working.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2016, 05:49:50 pm »

dafuq?
"Hey! Sir! I need to talk to whoever is responsible for the bots wrecking the nearby landscape! They're causing enough damage the locals are considering forming a small army just to attack this place and stop it! Lead me either to the person responsible or someone in authority around here because this shit needs to stop here and now!"
"I'm fine ma'rm, I just travel faster this way. Anyway, here's what's going on."I explain what's going on, what the problem is, what damage I saw personally on my way here, etc. If they have a specialized retrieval team, might as well let them handle this. If I have to repeat myself for different audiences, thats fine, though I'd like something to preserve decency if I'm going to be here for a bit. More to keep others from reacting than for my own sake.
I told them that already!
edit: Whatever. anyway, during my time here, I need to have been observing patterns of life, so I can get an idea of what forms would and would not be noticed, and how to blend in here.
riiiiiiight. My bad. Well, assume that that freakout happened earlier, when you told them about the army. Because before that, they had no clue. So what they say to Alaran is more along the lines of "We didn't know." Alaran yells a lot, especially about them losing track of so many mechanicals.

The patterno f life here is pretty mundane, if a tad energetic. Most normal wildlife would go unnoticed, but things like rhinos and girrafes and dinosaurs would get noticed. Those tribble things are so common that they are nearly ignored, btu they travel in packs, so disguising as one of them would not work if you were trying to sneak to someplae particular. gnomish and kobold forms are the standard sapient around here, so those would be your best bet for casually blending in. But, the technical aspect of their conversation, and cultural idioms, are noteworthy, and if you engaged in conversation, you would generally be spotted as an outsider right away.

((Head off with my cat buddy means that noir was following dar though.))
Catch up with dar if I'm not with them also report in.
"...I didn't well really get to do anything besides wait for dar and sing but that was kinda fun... but yeah I don't really have anything really useful I guess.."
The Eye is behind Dar, probably.
Yeah, Dar was riding on Noir's shoulders and would've hopped off only when they reached their destination.  Anyway, Dar'll ask what to do next, and if there's nothing in particular to do, he'll request to travel to the nearest Durnvale.

((I'm specifically trying not to metagame because I'm bad about that, but Dar'yajira's account was stilted due to his own stilted perceptions of things, and the Eye would know this.))
riiiiiiight. I knew that. I was mostly hoping the eye had lingered to find out what the Baron's party's immediate next actions were. Oh well.

As for orders. He suggests rather firmly that you head back and attempt to reason with the Baron. He gives the eye a signet ring as a token of authority. Of course, you guys can decline and head over to the mechanists colony instead, and help out with cataloguing the lost machines. Alaran is headed that way now, and is rather pissed. Oh, and this wold give Dar the chance to scout his Durnvale.

((I could tell that you were writing Dar's report in character. Well done. It's amusing when the limits of our characters are bigger challenges than the actual task at hand, isn't it?))

Retrieve my stone from the body, and then assist in this action.
I'll also help with hauling the robot, however if it's clearly hopeless and not working. I'll suggest cutting it up and taking important looking bits. We then should leave it behind but first I take mental notes where it lays and maybe even leave a trail behind so we could find it again but only if the hauling isn't working.
Eh, between the three of you, you manage to get it out onto the ground. carrying it or dragging it will be slow, exhausting, and edious, as it is the size of a pony, and made of metal. You could rig up a makeshift sled, but that will still be tiring ,as you are at least three miles from the village, and half a day from the war camp, unencumbered. It would take at least two days to drag it there.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 28, 2016, 06:02:49 pm »

Dar'yajira responds to Dessmo with a reproachful tone, stating "...This one would greatly prefer not to return to Baron.  It is stupidity to harass angered wolf.  Cat may follow Tinker Twoleg, no?"

Dar'yajira will strongly ask to accompany Alaran, but won't refuse to return to the Baron if Dessmo gives such an order.  Dar'yajira will accompany Alaran, then.

Before leaving, the cat returns to Noir, and cautiously asks her a question "Will Halfdragon accompany Dar'yajira to colony?  It wishes to also visit nearby twoleg town, to ask questions, but it is bad with twolegs.  Halfdragon is not, yes?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2016, 06:16:34 pm »

"You two go make a sled I am going to see if I can make a deal with the villagers to help get us to carry this thing"

Blah blah then go walk to the village and try and ask them for help carrying what is left of the robit, explain it will be quicker and easier for all of us if they provide something say a cart and a horse.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2016, 06:29:36 pm »

((Now this here is why Aylia's cat form becoming a frostcat form was a sidegrade at best, not an upgrade. That frostcat form stands out like a sore thumb. Regular cat form would be what Aylia would want to use to go unnoticed around here. As things are, she can't evesdrop properly, and she wants to check if these people are going to respond to the situation responsibly or irresponsibly, and she won't find that out if they know she's listening.))
To Alaran in private: "Sir, I don't have the technical knowledge to blend in here and see no further benefit in me remaining at the machinists. Is there somewhere else I could be of use?"
((OOC suggestion: Aylia could go to the baron instead of the diplomatically impaired.))
If Aylia is given a tasking elsewhere, she will polietely take her leave, shift to crow form, and fly there, circling the area and seeing what's going on before deciding on a plan on action.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2016, 06:43:47 pm »

Dar'yajira responds to Dessmo with a reproachful tone, stating "  Cat may follow Tinker Twoleg, no?"

(If Dessmo allows that)[/color]
I did say that declining is an option. Go on.

((Now this here is why Aylia's cat form becoming a frostcat form was a sidegrade at best, not an upgrade. That frostcat form stands out like a sore thumb. Regular cat form would be what Aylia would want to use to go unnoticed around here. As things are, she can't evesdrop properly, and she wants to check if these people are going to respond to the situation responsibly or irresponsibly, and she won't find that out if they know she's listening.))
Yep. Frost cat is pretty neat, but it was a side effect of a near fatal experience. I hope you are not too disappointed.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 28, 2016, 06:55:35 pm »

Noir bites her lip thinking and gently pats dar on the head.
"....Yeah i want to learn about my mother's religion and... I guess learn or.... understand her more becuase of that.....but i...I can go talk with the baron if some people come to accompany me."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2016, 05:06:06 pm »

"A SLED? I DO NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IS, MUCH LESS HOW TO MAKE IT. AND YOUR EFFORTS WOULD BE BETTER SPENT HAULING THE CONSTRUCT THAN THEY WOULD BARGAINING WITH THOSE SELFISH CREATURES."

Unless Samuel happens to know how to build a sled, I'm gonna keep on pulling.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44