Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69853 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2016, 08:55:40 pm »

((How noisy is the Eye?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:06 pm »

"KIDS?

...OH. I SEE."

Terrances raises a handful of its tentacles into the air, slowly backing away from the goblins it had been conversing with (and, ideally, the hostile villagers).

"I BELIEVE THERE HAS BEEN A MISUNDERSTANDING. WE HAVE BEEN ORDERED BY OUR EMPLOYER TO ASSIST YOU. YOUR SPAWNLINGS ARE PERFECTLY SAFE; I WAS MERELY PROBING THEM FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION. PERHAPS WE COULD DISCUSS THIS MATTER? PEACEFULLY?"

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2016, 10:38:20 am »

"Yeah mates, peacefully. We are here to help ya. I was merely warning them about dangerous constructs that have been sighted. We are here to help ya and all. We are official representatives of the legion and are here to serve, protect and kick robotical ass... uhhm to keep ya safe of course.

I also back up with my hands in the air like Terrance and try to reassure them.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2016, 10:43:40 am »

Noir would Squirm.... looking around for anything intresting.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 14, 2016, 12:33:49 pm »

We are official representatives of the legion

((That's about the least reassuring thing he could have said at this point...))

I would say Terrance's face went white as a sheet at this point, but really it's just a lighter, less saturated brown. With a just a hint of angry red.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:44 pm »

((I think it may be a good thing that I've been working out how to solo one of those machines, considering how the rest of the team is doing.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 14, 2016, 02:54:32 pm »

We are official representatives of the legion

((That's about the least reassuring thing he could have said at this point...))

I would say Terrance's face went white as a sheet at this point, but really it's just a lighter, less saturated brown. With a just a hint of angry red.

((Is it? We said it last time and everything went good. Don't worry about it if they freak out I''l bluff my way out of it.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:07:35 pm by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2016, 04:28:51 pm »

Book it off down the road looking for signs of destruction. Slap anyone who attacks with the flat of my sword
ahah. bad news, my friend. you turn to flee, but this proves your downfall. You stumble over another spiderdog, who was behind you for some reason, and the pack is on you. You swing your sword, but your arm gets wrapped up by several legs and a mouth full of sharp teeth. you drop the sword. "Got us a bandit over here! the boys've got him pinned!"

I land at a couple of the start and end points of destruction, looking for a pattern of what triggers it starting or stopping. I also will gauge the distance between start/end and end/start points, seeing if its simply a timed event. I then follow the trail of the machine that did not hit the village. Im trying to learn our quarry's behavior pattern, and will follow the trail of the one my teammates probably arent trailing, in case their trail deadends somehow. I feel no need to visit the machinist's shop yet, though I intend to go there soon, especially if I don't think I can safely disable the thing alone. I do also want to note if the thing seems to chase prey, or if it only harms what gets in its way. A general idea of what it can kill or destroy and any telltale marks revealing attack types like claws or scorches is important too. I also want to gauge how big it is based on how deep the footprints it leaves are and how far apart. I should also be able to tell how many feet it has and if it has anything like a tail that drags along the ground. also see if the feet are clawed based on prints.
Let's see. there is no noticeable pattern, in terms of length between start and stop points of the destruction. The thing just seems to start breaking stuff every now and then.

The trail you follow, the one that branches, is actually clearer than the other, and more consistent. this thing leaves two long, continuous gouges in the ground, like something big dragged a sled on runners through the area. the damage this one does seems concentrated on the area immediately surrounding itself, and consists of burned vegetation, and hacked stuff, as well as stuff that looks simply trodden upon. There is no notable animal death or damage in this line. The thing is large though - ten feet high, six or more wide. It looks to be meandering, but its trail goes in the general direction of the logging camp that was mentioned as a possible sighting. You are reasonably certain that you could find this thing with ease, just by following the trail from the air.

Note that the destruction patterns are clearly distinct between the two trails, and the one that headed toward and through the village appears smaller, more chaotic, and overall less destructive.

((I'm sorry the thing has sucked. I hope it ends up being a positive thing for you though.))

"Dar'yajira has found twolegs.  Eye.  It knows appearance of Baron, yes?  This one does not."

Take to the trees, and get close enough to see the twolegs.  Look out for notable ones.  Is the Baron obvious, or obviously not a part of this group?
You get close enough. There is a wide clearing next to a stream. a couple of bright pavilions are set up, and several shaded chairs. It's hard to say for sure which of the sapients is the baron - they all wear finery and talk all posh. There is one sapient that is certain not to be, besides a couple of quiet servants n the background. there is a tall creature - seven foot or more- that looks something like a narrow flower vase, complete with bouquet at the top. Some of the bouquet bits move about, as oif eyes on stalks or the like, and very thin limbs occasionally separate from the body part to manipulate or gesture. that's certainly not the baron. the woman with fangs is probably not the baron, either. Yo uget it narowed down to [probably] one of three male humans that all seem to have that air of command, or entitlement, or something.

"KIDS?

...OH. I SEE."

Terrances raises a handful of its tentacles into the air, slowly backing away from the goblins it had been conversing with (and, ideally, the hostile villagers).

"I BELIEVE THERE HAS BEEN A MISUNDERSTANDING. WE HAVE BEEN ORDERED BY OUR EMPLOYER TO ASSIST YOU. YOUR SPAWNLINGS ARE PERFECTLY SAFE; I WAS MERELY PROBING THEM FOR RELEVANT INFORMATION. PERHAPS WE COULD DISCUSS THIS MATTER? PEACEFULLY?"
"We don't need no help from the likes of you! What kind of help? Boys, run home now. NOW!" Well, the potential angry mob is sending some conflicting messages here, but no one is stabbing you, so that must be good.

"Yeah mates, peacefully. We are here to help ya. I was merely warning them about dangerous constructs that have been sighted. We are here to help ya and all. We are official representatives of the legion and are here to serve, protect and kick robotical ass... uhhm to keep ya safe of course.

I also back up with my hands in the air like Terrance and try to reassure them.
"Constructs? What do you know about them? You're a little late, aren't ya?! Fat lot of good your warning is now!"

well, I mean, it could be worse, right?

Noir would Squirm.... looking around for anything intresting.
(2) nope. Nothing. Leaves, sticks, squirrels, more leaves. nothing.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2016, 04:35:27 pm »

"No, more someone trying to track down a rogue creation of a tinkeror. Think you kindly let me go and such? I am scouting up ahead for my group. We're called the omega legion, heard of 'em?
Kindly correct him, if he doesn't start kicking and yell for help.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:30:14 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »

I ask ye thrice and done. I. Land. At. Destruction. Start/End. Points. And. Look. Around. For. A. Trigger.
((somehow that part of my action the past two turns has been skipped each time.))
The information about the two destructobots being different mattered a lot and changed not only my current turn's action but last turn's as well. I need the same destruction pattern information about the smaller one, acquired from the scouting of two turns ago, and my action of both last and this turn needs to be to beeline for the machinist's camp. whilst overflying the destruction backtrail of the bots, splitting the difference between them to keep them both in sight, but if they stray too far from the trail to the machinist's, then I'll not worry about it and just go there, letting the trails leave my field of view.
If I find a true origin point for the bots destruction while I backtrail them, that IS worth stopping to investigate. most other things, like extra bot destruction trails, I'll just note as I pass without further investigation at this time.
At this point I also should have gotten sufficient data to guess about the trigger or lack of one, and wouldn't be landing at destruction start/end points.

Upon reaching the machinist's camp I circle it, making general observations, and specifically noting botdestruction origin points, any living activity, any active bots on site, level of destruction the place has incurred upon itself, and ESPECIALLY any machines assembling other machines.

((current working theory: smart AI development gone wrong. the bots are just products of it experimenting and learning how to make bots. it has gone out of control and the machinists dont know how to stop it or are unwilling to comprimise the experiment by influencing its learning pattern, thinking the loosed destructobots are an acceptable, neigh-inevitable, side effect of letting the AI learn.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2016, 06:57:11 pm »

The Eye starts to scry to the Baron's camp, homing in on Dar's commstone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2016, 10:16:28 pm »

((Oh goody, you're already on that. :D  I suppose I might as well do the RP anyway.))

"Eye?  This one requires assistance.  It does not know Baron.  Twolegs all have same look."

Request assistance from the Eye.  If it assists, attempt to stealthily eavesdrop on whoever it says is the Baron.  If the Eye does not assist, or fails or something, just eavesdrop on whichever one of those three is most convenient to eavesdrop on.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2016, 10:37:20 pm »

Noir smells herself casually and and.....perhaps See's if she feel her dad's presence right now.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 15, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »

"Well, my mates. We don't decide for ourselves when we are called inta action. We have ta listen to a higher chain of commands, ya see. If ya have any complaints about timing and whatnot, ya can always send a formal letter of complaint to our higher ups. Now, either we help ya or ya decide ya don't want our help and we continue our epic quest to robotic kick-assery solo... well not solo but at least without your help. There is absolutely no reason for violence. No reason for hate, fear or any other negative emotions that might be racing through ya head. Now please lower the pointy things."

Try to calm them down by saying the above.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:58:27 pm by Loki987 »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44