Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69842 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #345 on: September 11, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »

"Yes, this one can understand.  Eye is bad talker, Dar'yajira has trouble with it as well.  Ahh, yes, Eye?" the feline turns to look at the Eye, and states "This one is no longer sure Eye can guide Halfdragon.  Is it certain it has no more talk-rocks?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 11, 2016, 06:27:47 pm »

"So how should we do this exactly we um............... What did we n-Wait We're scouting right and maybe talking so maybe we should all stick together when we do that part and then once we have some of that down we see about the talking to the......person?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »

[Robot hunters]
Try to sneakily sneak through the fields by the road up ahead.
"I recommend if we find this thing we have someone fast distract him"
You disappear into the corn and make your way toward the village. The village bustles with daily activity - women baking, children playing, chickens clucking, spiderdogs eating barf.

I assist in the bot hunt, surveying the area from the skies in crow form.
You see a normal, somewhat active village surrounded by farmland. Men and women are out in the fields, or milking llamapigs, or sitting and chatting. You do see some strange signs - a couple buildings look like something smashed, bit, or tore through them, and are in the midst of repair jobs. There seems ot be a clear path through the area - a scored trench out i na field opposite the party, a barn with holes in two sides, several houses with roofing damage, one where it looks as if the roofdidn't hold, and there are teeth or claw marks around that one's window, leading toward the next damaged bit of property. The trail leads off to the southwest, into some low, rolling, rocky hills toward the river a ways distant.

((ps. how was the thing?))

Once his group sets off to the north, Dar'yajira jumps up on Noir's shoulders.  "Halfdragon, Cat has talk-rock from Eye.  But this one believes Halfdragon can use it better."  With that, he detaches the stone and holds it next to her face, gripped in his jaws.  Once she takes it, he looks at the Eye, and says "Eye, please guide Halfdragon while Dar'yajira scouts."

Dar's commstone is being given to Noir.  Otherwise, I don't know enough about the target location to come up with any real plan.  Description, please?
I see from your later post that you are retaining the stone. Also, you don't know anything about the location. No description until someone actually scouts. right now, you are in thick forest, following a trail barely larger than a game trail. It's cool in here, and the sunlight speckles the forest floor in pleasing spatters.

((Well snoopy snoops is kinda screwed because NO EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP :u))
((SO LEAD IT <derogatory descriptor>!))
((don' worry 'bout it.  It'll be fiiiiiiine :P ))

Go with them to the village.

"Okay, who is tha fastest here? I don't think I am."
So you and Terrance walk right into the village. The bag headed, blue, watery corpse, and the eightlegged, bowl covered invertebrate.

You are very nearly instantly surrounded by noisy, nosy children, spiderdogs, and flies. Some hardfaced women look on from nearby windows, carefully reaching for items out of your view. a squad of red toothed chickens marches slowly in your direction, heads tilted in synch to one side.

the children are asking about your bag, the water dripping from you, the color of your skin, terance's bowls, beak, tentacles, and eyeglass thingums.
One kid hits you in the leg with a stick. I mean, it doesn't hurt, but it happens.

"Well I suppose that would work.... I'm just Eye is strange and i have a hard time understanding them sometimes...there reasoning ussualy isent very clear to me."
What does the area I am in look like......smell like? Sound like? If I'm given something take it.
It looks like woods. tall trees, lots of leaves way up there. uit's quiet, cool, and shadowy. The trail is clear, but not much larger than a game trail. there are chipmunks, birds, and insects visible or heard. It smells fresh, clean, and deciduous. thre is not much brush under the trees, because the sunlight doesn't reach that far. There isa layer of leaves below the trees - perhaps several layers. The few patches where trees are missing are filled with brush, and with young trees, trying to outgrow their neighbors. the land is pretty flat hereabouts - probably the flattest ground you've found since joining Omega. Not supernaturally flat, just forest floor flat.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2016, 06:52:21 pm »

Spiderdogs? Kill one as discretely as possible and drag its corpse away
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2016, 07:02:44 pm »

"No, Halfdragon is too big, and Eye is too loud.  Dar'yajira will scout ahead, alone.  Please, Halfdragon must stay with Eye, or it will not be able to hear this one."

Yeah, sorry, meant to edit that.  In any case, Dar'yajira will concentrate on listening to the wind, letting it carry distant sounds to him to enhance his hearing.  Once that spell is cast, he will scout ahead of the group, emphasizing speed over stealth for now.  He'll keep his ears open for the sounds of twolegs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2016, 07:07:08 pm »

Noir nods looking concerned as dar speeds off.
"O-Oh....well Eye any ideas what we can do until he gets back?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2016, 07:43:46 pm »

follow the trail of wanton destruction back towards where it came from. see if it was constantly destructive or if it was triggered somehow. then after ive either satisfied myself that it was constantly destructive or ive reached the origin, looked around there, and seen if i can identify possible triggers, i will proceed to see where the destruction leads, and see if the thing is still there.
((it sucked, and im still not home, i just can use my phone.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2016, 09:02:47 pm »

"Yes, this one can understand.  Eye is bad talker, Dar'yajira has trouble with it as well.  Ahh, yes, Eye?" the feline turns to look at the Eye, and states "This one is no longer sure Eye can guide Halfdragon.  Is it certain it has no more talk-rocks?"
>"Inventory contains one commstone."

Reluctantly give commstone.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2016, 10:42:20 pm »

"I AM A TERRAPODE, MY ASSOCIATE IS AN ABOMINATION, THESE ARE GOBLISH PLATES, ACTUALLY, AND THE "THINGUMS" ARE REALLY JUST A PROTECTIVE BARRIER BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND I. NOW, YOU WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO HAVE SIGHTED AN ANGRY CONSTRUCT RECENTLY, WOULD YOU HAVE?"

Interrogate the small bipeds. Also, keep a spare eye on those creepy chickens.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »

"Yeah, my friend here is right. Ya want ta know something else about terrapodes and abominations? Ya might change into a terrapode also known as land octopus or in a watery abomination by not listening to your parents or being rude to strangers."
I'll turn my head towards the kid that kicked me.
"Now if you don't tell us about tha metal contructs. Tha metal constructs will come back and horribly murder you."
I'll help with the interogation. If I see Jack being... wel Jack (like if he tries to kill an innocent spiderdog). I'll call him out and friendly drag his ass out of the bushes, sabotaging his operation.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:09:35 pm by Loki987 »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

Accept commstone.....whistle quietly try and sing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »

Spiderdogs? Kill one as discretely as possible and drag its corpse away
You sneak up on a spiderdog, and lunge out with your sword. The thing reacts too quickly, leaping away, and scampering up the side of a building, barking madly. Other spiderdogs take up the bark as well. a commotion arises over by the others, and you do not ecape notice.

"No, Halfdragon is too big, and Eye is too loud.  Dar'yajira will scout ahead, alone.  Please, Halfdragon must stay with Eye, or it will not be able to hear this one."

Yeah, sorry, meant to edit that.  In any case, Dar'yajira will concentrate on listening to the wind, letting it carry distant sounds to him to enhance his hearing.  Once that spell is cast, he will scout ahead of the group, emphasizing speed over stealth for now.  He'll keep his ears open for the sounds of twolegs.
After an indeterminate time, Dar hears the telltales of human habitation ahead - conversation, laughter, the sound of horses doing horse shit, and probably dropping some horseshit while their owners talk about the same. Dar smells a campfire, and hears both female voices and male ones. this camp is not nearly as large as the previous one - only, at most, a dozen people, and almost all of them human. Probably.

follow the trail of wanton destruction back towards where it came from. see if it was constantly destructive or if it was triggered somehow. then after ive either satisfied myself that it was constantly destructive or ive reached the origin, looked around there, and seen if i can identify possible triggers, i will proceed to see where the destruction leads, and see if the thing is still there.
((it sucked, and im still not home, i just can use my phone.))
the destruction seems intermittent, but ongoing, as far as you follow the trail. It is heading from the direction of the Mechanists' colony you guys were planning on visiting eventually. After a dozen miles, you note a second trail of destruction, intersecting this one, or following it and then branching off. How far do you fly? Do you wish to return to the group, or go until you find it or the Mechanists?

>"Inventory contains one commstone."

Reluctantly give commstone.

Commstone delivered

"I AM A TERRAPODE, MY ASSOCIATE IS AN ABOMINATION, THESE ARE GOBLISH PLATES, ACTUALLY, AND THE "THINGUMS" ARE REALLY JUST A PROTECTIVE BARRIER BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND I. NOW, YOU WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO HAVE SIGHTED AN ANGRY CONSTRUCT RECENTLY, WOULD YOU HAVE?"

"Maybe I have, and maybe I haven't. What's in it for me?" "Jebbie, no! Don't talk to the weird slug! let's go tell Da about it instead." Most of the kids don't recoil immediately in horror at you. But they do start throwing stones at your "protective barrier" to see how it works. One of them picks up a heavier stick. the one little girl seems pretty nervous, and backs away from the group.  Also, those chicken things claw teh ground, keeping their eyes on you. ((been a wile since I got to roll charisma for you, little buddy))

"Yeah, my friend here is right. Ya want ta know something else about terrapodes and abominations? Ya might change into a terrapode also known as land octopus or in a watery abomination by not listening to your parents or being rude to strangers."
I'll turn my head towards the kid that kicked me.
"Now if you don't tell us about tha metal contructs. Tha metal constructs will come back and horribly murder you."
I'll help with the interogation. If I see Jack being... wel Jack (like if he tries to kill an innocent spiderdog). I'll call him out and friendly drag his ass out of the bushes, sabotaging his operation.
He was sneaky, and you didn't see him. You do hear the uproar of spiderdogs in the area, all barking in his direction. You roll your eyes.

Oh goodie. Your charisma roll was much worse. all the noise hereabouts draws the attention of some of the adults in the area. Hoes and scythes are carried. A frying pan makes an appearance." You leave our kids alone, you freaks!" Someone shouts. Someone whistles, and several of the larger spiderdogs queue up next to him, poised.

Accept commstone.....whistle quietly try and sing.
commstone taken. singing commences. it's a weird mix between lullaby and metal. Kinda like Enter Sandman.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »

Book it off down the road looking for signs of destruction. Slap anyone who attacks with the flat of my sword
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:04:44 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2016, 07:00:16 pm »

I land at a couple of the start and end points of destruction, looking for a pattern of what triggers it starting or stopping. I also will gauge the distance between start/end and end/start points, seeing if its simply a timed event. I then follow the trail of the machine that did not hit the village. Im trying to learn our quarry's behavior pattern, and will follow the trail of the one my teammates probably arent trailing, in case their trail deadends somehow. I feel no need to visit the machinist's shop yet, though I intend to go there soon, especially if I don't think I can safely disable the thing alone. I do also want to note if the thing seems to chase prey, or if it only harms what gets in its way. A general idea of what it can kill or destroy and any telltale marks revealing attack types like claws or scorches is important too. I also want to gauge how big it is based on how deep the footprints it leaves are and how far apart. I should also be able to tell how many feet it has and if it has anything like a tail that drags along the ground. also see if the feet are clawed based on prints.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2016, 07:31:39 pm »

"Dar'yajira has found twolegs.  Eye.  It knows appearance of Baron, yes?  This one does not."

Take to the trees, and get close enough to see the twolegs.  Look out for notable ones.  Is the Baron obvious, or obviously not a part of this group?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44