Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70130 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2016, 12:56:50 pm »

"Dar'yajira is in camp.  Many twoleg warriors.  What should Cat look for?"

Report the above to Dessmo over commstone, requesting further orders.  If orders are given, obey.  Otherwise, try to find stray cats to question about the area, and maybe try to find whereever the leader of this camp is/lives.
Dessmo requests that you do, well pretty much exactly what you stated in your action: find the leaders, and guage the mood of the camp so We don't walk into a shitstorm. When you find the leaders, he suggests that, unless they are in some heated discussion, you should announce a visit from Omega. "Be bold. Stroll right in like you own the place. Be imperious. announce it as if they should be ready to kiss our feet when we come."

You fail to locate the leaders though - can't even find a special tent or anything, for some reason. the cats are little help at pointing out the leaders, but they do direct you to the main mess hall, and the food stores. "Good hunting. Best way to keep from being chased off, too."

"RIGHT. DO YOU HAVE ANY USES, BESIDES STORYTELLING?"

talky
"I sing!" "Camptown race is five miles long, doo dah, doo dah, campground racer girls are never wrong, oh doo dah day!"

I still wait while listening to Terrance and the pendant and say this.
"Oooh, I'm testing this thing. Pendant o' tales tell me the tale of Samuel Griff."
"Samuel Griff? Who's that?" "Oh Jeremy cracked corbon and I don't share, my mast head's fallen away yay yo!"

The pendant seems fun. Put it on Noir next.

Dessmo shrugs. Alright you lot, looks liek our scouts are having trouble finding us someone in charge to talk to. Let's move in to the camp. Form up, act like you belong, like we own the place. And try not to embarrass me, would ya?"

He starts forward at a determined pace, before stopping suddenly and turning on the group. "Oh, and this should go without saying, but you're Omegas, so I better say it anyway: there are a lot more of htem than of us. try not to piss them off too much before we meet the Baron, mkay? I don't want to die to day."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »

>"Affirmative on both statements."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2016, 01:35:42 pm »

Continue flirting and talking with Noir
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2016, 01:38:22 pm »

Follow Dessmo and look like the proudest guy on the face of the planet, it's almost ridiculous.
"Got ya, boss man."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2016, 01:43:33 pm »

Well then, the course seems clear.  Head to the mess hall and find some vermin to kill.  Once food has been consumed, find a twoleg which seems competent and demand to see their leader.  Imperiousness should be quite natural for Dar'yajira, especially around twolegs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2016, 01:44:11 pm »

continue happily talking with Jack ever so slightly teasing them.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 05, 2016, 12:44:56 am »

Terrance pinches the pendant's mouthflap closed, and replies to Dessmo with a curt "UNDERSTOOD." Lowering its voice, it says, "NOW, PENDANT OF TALES, WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PRIOR OWNER? YOU MAY REPLY IN SONG, IF YOU MUST."

Fall in line behind Dessmo. Allow the Pendant of Tales to talk (or sing) freely as we travel. As soon as we come within earshot of the camp, though, stick it in the pouch with the power stones and lock it in my hardcase.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 05, 2016, 06:59:02 am »

Well then, the course seems clear.  Head to the mess hall and find some vermin to kill.  Once food has been consumed, find a twoleg which seems competent and demand to see their leader.  Imperiousness should be quite natural for Dar'yajira, especially around twolegs.
(1)Lunch is tasty, but Dar must avoid having his tail puled by some snot nosed little two legs, so he doesn't have time this round to find someone competent. Dessmo requests that you return to the group, and thank you for the effort.

>"Affirmative on both statements."
You hover along beside Dessmo, looking ... well, looking. Plantbaby, squees, kinda ruining the effect of ominousness, though not nearly as bad as the next two do.

Continue flirting and talking with Noir
continue happily talking with Jack ever so slightly teasing them.
You two wander along, vaguely attached to the group, and acting like a couple of idiot teenagers. You present roughly the least imposing scene outside a nursery and kitten sanctuary.

Terrance pinches the pendant's mouthflap closed, and replies to Dessmo with a curt "UNDERSTOOD." Lowering its voice, it says, "NOW, PENDANT OF TALES, WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PRIOR OWNER? YOU MAY REPLY IN SONG, IF YOU MUST."

Fall in line behind Dessmo. Allow the Pendant of Tales to talk (or sing) freely as we travel. As soon as we come within earshot of the camp, though, stick it in the pouch with the power stones and lock it in my hardcase.
You too, preoccupied with jewelry and talking to voices you hear, seem less "imposing" and more "mentally unstable." "My old owner was b-o-r-i-n-g! He kept me in a box on an island in the sea. He barely ever talked to me to me to me!"

Follow Dessmo and look like the proudest guy on the face of the planet, it's almost ridiculous.
"Got ya, boss man."
You straighten your sack, swing your ball a little, and add an air of menace and mystery to the Scooby Gang. You take your place opposite of Alaran, following Dessmo.

You lot walk straight into the camp, practically unnoticed until you are among the campfires, tents, wagons, and people. A mild panic arises, as women pull their children away, and people make signs against evil in your direction. Dessmo ignores the panic, calmly walks up to a cookpot, fishes out a bowl of whatever it is, and begins eating. Alaran does the same, while Samuel slps some of the soup onto his sack, making slurping and gurgling sounds. Dessmo looks up at the ring of onlookers and says, in a voice that expects to be obeyed: "Fetch the baron." And then he returns to his stolen meal. Someone runs to find someone to tel them what to do, and, in time, a squad of armed men arrive, all in a clump to fnd Dessmo with his feet up, Alaran poking around in some supplies, Samuel tossing more ingredients into the soup, and dripping everywhere, the Eye glaring, some teenagers giggling and making flower bracelets and headbands, and an eightlegged thing talking to a leather pouch.

Before they arrived, Dessmo has given instructions that the Eye should be the front man. "Tell them why we are here, and tell them we will speak to the baron. Everyone else, jsut ignore them until we get the audience we want. or until there's a fight. Whichever."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2016, 08:40:45 am »

((Why are we here, again?))

The Eye would have previously stated that it was not meant for a diplomatic unit.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:43:07 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2016, 09:49:14 am »

((Why are we here, again?))

The Eye would have previously stated that it was not meant for a diplomatic unit.
you are here because the baron is rustling up an army to go fight against some Omega mechanists in a colony not far from here, because the mechanists seem to hae unleashed some mechaniclal monsters on the townfolk for some reason.

the reason you want to give to these people is that you are here ot speak with the baron concerning the current state of affairs, and to give counsel. Dessmo is aware that you are not a diplomat. he only wants you as a mouthpiece. He'll feed you what to say through text (or at least the gist, and leave the exact wording up to you). Just type out an actual response, as the Eye would make it. Or refuse, and Dessmo will do something else.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 05, 2016, 10:00:06 am »

Try to see if the kitten place has kittens up for "grabs" aka try to talk them into giving me a cat for noir one way or another
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2016, 11:22:28 am »

((IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.))

Hell yeah, get in on some of that warm soupy action. Two bowls. Gonna see if their broth-rendering skills are up-to-snuff.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2016, 12:44:09 pm »

Return to the group's area, but don't directly join them.  Stay out of sight and manuever to a good position to ambush the Baron if things turn violent.  Alternatively, if someone decides to leave on their own, follow them stealthily.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2016, 01:05:01 pm »

"Let's go get a cat, Noir."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 05, 2016, 02:42:42 pm »

>"We are here to speak to the Baron regarding the current state of affairs re:the raising of an army to do something as regards an apparent mechanical monster incursion."
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44