Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94119 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 4 6/11 No more replacements needed... for now.
« Reply #660 on: November 25, 2016, 10:40:44 pm »

Did you claim?  What was your claim?
:I
Please read back, everyone. >_>
I claimed a long way back; part of my grumpiness is like the current replacements are paying more attention to now than before, when 'before' is REALLY IMPORTANT as to the current people still being alive now. (ie ME, probably. Since I'm the only one not replaced :v so I can speak for myself since I did everything back there under my name.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 25, 2016, 10:43:39 pm »

That doesn't look like a claim, Tir.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 25, 2016, 10:47:50 pm »

That doesn't look like a claim, Tir.
:'(
uuuuuuuuuuuumpf.
WOuld you like me to detail everything here, because I'd like it if you followed up what I'm linking with what's happening in context. BACK THEN there was ambiguity towards people and claims and perception in public, so I wrote 'baseline' because I didn't want to fullclaim and say 'hey this is exactly me', which I did a few posts later on, because I wanted to see other folks' impressions and the like GIVEN the attitude everyone was going on with back then.

<________< It's like context is now being thrown out the window just because of people arriving and being disconnected as replacements now. [/stillgrumpy]
pfp

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 25, 2016, 10:50:43 pm »

Yes, we are disconnected from the context, precisely because we're replacements.  How many of the original players are even here still?

I did sort of think it might've been such a thing, buuuut you said you had claimed, and that was not an explicit claim.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 25, 2016, 10:53:35 pm »

Yes, we are disconnected from the context, precisely because we're replacements.  How many of the original players are even here still?

I did sort of think it might've been such a thing, buuuut you said you had claimed, and that was not an explicit claim.
Y..yes. Just...just put in mind that I did claim that instead of discussing on 'what I literally wrote' please. >_< It...won't help at all. If you're going to draw an idea of me, look at my attitude in context of all the other folks at least during D2 and onwards.

Also I'm the only original person here, as everyone else is replacements.

fillipk: Please poke UXLZ because lurking is my bop towards the active guy who isn't posting that much. Thanks!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 25, 2016, 10:57:26 pm »

Right?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2016, 11:46:20 pm »

(Am replying to Fish's "Did you claim?  What was your claim?", which didn't seem to get answered while I was pondering my final paragraph's conclusion...)

Looks like it's on me, which is fair enough at this tight stage, when we're all being jumpy. (Rather than the similar but different impetuousness of the early game...  ;) )

If Tiruin was claiming to FoU-like, not TDS-like (my scrawled notes don't help me work out the precise provenance of my having that wrong idea) then we've lost Tiruin as a potentially useful FullCop, although the claim to be like Juicebox with the Kill function threw me. But she's at least stating opinions. Not going to make me OMGUS back. I like Tiruin's thoughts too much.

As far as finding out things, obviously a lynch will help us confirm something, but mostly it'll confirm who we just lost from our Town group. I don't want to lynch non-Town UXLZ, either, because I'm worried that lynching the semi-confirmed third-party lyncher with the Revive ability will create the latent Scum-role. It's my best idea of how to infiltrate a Mind Read-heavy scenario. But I think I've got the medicine for that... It is probably supposed to work on both Lyncher and Lynchee, so I don't know if I can do it without confirmation of who killed Deus. But I'll try anyway, based on what I'm still thinking at day end.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2016, 08:38:23 pm »

TBF:
Yeah, TWS, what's going on here?
What's going on is that nobody's scumhunting at all, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Tiruin: Yup, all that confusion is pretty much my attitude towards the game too. Thing is, I only really replaced into this game because it really really needed it; I don't really have the time or inclination to play it as well as I should (that includes reading back and stuff, sorry).

I assumed we were at that point given my behavior past D4 :I That's why I was all going around about two/one and links between people back there.
Not sure what you're saying here...

Unvote

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 28, 2016, 12:27:36 am »

This space for rent and notification that a post should've been here last sunday but I sent it by Pm to myself because of lacking storage due to public PC area :v

This space for edoot.

I assumed we were at that point given my behavior past D4 :I That's why I was all going around about two/one and links between people back there.
Not sure what you're saying here...

Unvote
Gonna sum up stuff with the night actions later on.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 28, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »

Apologies, I lost my weekend to the steam sale

@TWS lynching third party wasn't the best option, not that I was opposed to it. It's just there's the fact that they have a revive and also the fact that we can confirm it is a third party. (And if I recall, the flavor was confirmed too, or at least something along the lines of it)

I say it should be a back burner option is all.

@Tiruin, if you could quote me the questions, I'll answer them at once

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 28, 2016, 09:34:50 pm »

the fact that they have a revive and also the fact that we can confirm it is a third party.
...at the moment.

If you trust me, please let me defuse the situation, don't even consider lynching them for lynching's sake.  And hope that I also have also deduced the right partner-player in that little dance of death, so that I can work my magic, rather than have to risk another day and night before Town victory becomes possible.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 29, 2016, 07:43:09 pm »

VoteCount

Starver: (1) - Tiruin

4 to hammer.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:22:51 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 30, 2016, 03:41:22 am »

...Did my post not go through a few days ago?

Anyway, the problem we have is that there's barely any information to go on. The investigation results (sans mine, and all it says is that Tiruin didn't NK deus specifically) aren't particularly reliable, and the lack of set time limits lowers motivation which makes psychologically based scum hunting less effective as well.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 30, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »

Yeah, at this point I just want to lynch someone. Being busy with school and stuff isn't really helping my motivation either, and nobody seems to want to answer my questions. So.

TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 30, 2016, 06:52:41 pm »

That seems unproductive.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48